Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 4: Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Grand Prix (July 15)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
MonzaGP.png

Race Time of day: 2021-07-17 15:10 1x
Race Length: 28 laps
Max Incidents: Drive through at 13x, DSQ at 17x
Max Fuel: 40%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Last edited:

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
It's Monza Time @Formula Renault 3.5 Pro Series 2021/S3!

Finally get to race here in a proper race car! I just wish they would fix the off track limits for those dam di Lesmo curves and everything would be perfect. So far I'm getting mid to high 37s with race fuel, although with this group I have a feeling I need high 36s to be competitive.

Only real safety tip for this track is that first corner at the start, it usually leads to a few incidents. As always take it easy going into turn 1 and expect to brake a little earlier than normal, especially if you are further back in the pack. After that turn we should be single file and then it's just normal racing. If you get a slow down at the start cutting the chicane just yell to the group that way we can avoid you.

That's all I got guys. Been looking forward to this car/track combo since the season start so should be a fun one.

Cya guys tomorrow!
Owen

Name
Nicholas Johnston
iRacing ID
Well. That was interesting. 13th to 2nd on lap one. Ran wide into the first chicane then it was bonkers from there. Sorry to Tsy for the contact it just locked the front and I was too close to try and move to dodge.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
I really suck at the starts, maybe I'm just taking it too easy. Crazy first half lap, but to be honest, Monza always has some crashes at the start. After that for me it was a really fun race with lots of action. I made a few mistakes which cost me a position or two but that's life.

This was from my veiwpoint:

Cya you guys next week!

PVU

Name
Pablo Enrique Valenzuela Uribe
iRacing ID
Sorry guys but from all my seasons around PRL this was the most Lame race i ever participate (4turns) and watch , absolutly nonsense, everywhere since the start to the finish, its supposed to be a PRO series, but looks like a gt5 open server race. People racing like there was a 1 lap race, driving blinded whit slowdowns on them and fighting for positions, what do are you really thing thats should end? well... ...how they did. i would like to call Owen to set things straight, and make a call for a orange zone whitout a doubt. All the past races has been very enjoyable but this one just becomes very unacceptable one.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
If you had a questionable incident out there, please file a protest, we'll let the stewards review and take the appropriate actions.

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Sorry guys but from all my seasons around PRL this was the most Lame race i ever participate (4turns) and watch , absolutly nonsense, everywhere since the start to the finish, its supposed to be a PRO series, but looks like a gt5 open server race. People racing like there was a 1 lap race, driving blinded whit slowdowns on them and fighting for positions, what do are you really thing thats should end? well... ...how they did. i would like to call Owen to set things straight, and make a call for a orange zone whitout a doubt. All the past races has been very enjoyable but this one just becomes very unacceptable one.

We have a system in place. Please use it.

Reactions: PVU

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
The broadcast was fun as hell to watch. Thanks for the show.

brodeur212

Name
Marc-Antoine Thibault
iRacing ID
Got taken out by the pole sitter… probably .7 faster but had to dive on lap1

not enjoyable

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
I didn't see you file your official protest...

Please use the system we have in place rather than making posts blaming other drivers.