Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 4: Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Grand Prix (09 Apr)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Monza - GP.png

Time of day: Afternoon
Practice: 2:44 PM (in-game time)
Qualifying: 5:44 PM (in-game time)
Race: 5:59 PM (in-game time)
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 24
Max Fuel: 55%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1) Monza, a track of straight and high speed corners with a few slow chicanes, which car do you see taking victory? Will Carl be knocked off a podium spot for a second week in a row?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2) What are your thoughts on Monza? Love it? Hate it?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3) [/font][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Apart from iRacing, do you drive in other simulators? Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor, other? Would you like to see some of those simulator's features in iRacing?[/font]

Pre-Race Notes said:
Welcome to Round 4 at Monza! Everyone I know has at least a love or hate relationship with this track. Some enjoy it. It is sure to be some great racing here after the field spreads out. So with that, keep in mind turns 1 and 2 bottleneck at the beginning of the race and be patient.

We at PRL would like to congratulate everyone last week on a very good start. We know if could have gone downhill very fast. We also appreciate the fairly clean driving throughout the race.

Lastly, if drivers want to protest someone for a league incident, they must use our stewarding system and not iRacing’s system. Also, we need to remind everyone that PRL and iRacing are two different entities and that we run our own stewarding system.

Let’s keep the racing clean and exciting!

If anyone has questions, I will take them now…..

As always, pre-race will be posted in the forum on the original post and in Discord and will be translated into Spanish.

ESPAÑOL

¡Bienvenidos a la Ronda 4 en Monza! Todos tienen una relación de amor u odio con esta pista. Algunos la disfrutan. Seguramente será una gran carrera aquí después de que la grilla se extienda. Así que con eso en mente, tengan en cuenta los cuellos de botella de las curvas 1 y 2 al comienzo de la carrera y sean pacientes.

En PRL queremos felicitar a todos la semana pasada por una muy buena largada de carrera. Sabemos que se podría haber ido cuesta abajo muy rápido. También apreciamos el manejo de todos, bastante limpio durante la carrera.

Por último, si los pilotos quieren protestar contra alguien por un incidente del torneo, deben usar nuestro sistema de comisarios y no el sistema iRacing. Además, debemos recordar a todos que PRL y iRacing son dos entidades diferentes y que ejecutamos nuestro propio sistema de comisarios y sanciones.

¡Mantengamos las carreras limpias y emocionantes!

Si alguien tiene preguntas, las tomaré ahora ...

Como siempre, la previa a la carrera se publicará en el foro en la publicación original y en Discord y se traducirá al español.

FLMontini

Name
Federico Luis Montini
iRacing ID
Dear organizers and pilots of the league. - I write this informing you that I may not be able to participate in the next date that will be run at the Monza circuit, since I have been suspended by Iracing until April 12 of this year.
This suspension was the result of a complaint made by a member of this league named Espinoza (a_espinosa), and after that in a official practice he received a hit from behind from me in a deliverated way - This was so and nothing to discuss about it. Surely Mr. Espinoza will upload the video of that incident as he did when raising the complaint .-

Beyond all this I would like to continue transcribing the text of the complaint which I refer. -

"We are on a League, in which I submited a protest, and got him penalized. Now he comes and everytime he sees me in practice does things like this: Attachment.You have to clear people like this from your servers.Thanks and Happy Friday!"

Now, I would like to clarify things. -

1) I have not been informed of any complaint against me privately and I have not been able to read a statement in the corresponding section about the existence of a claim initiated by Mr. Espinoza. - If there is such a claim, such as this guy says in the text above, please, I ask you to inform me and report it in the forum as they have been doing since the league exists.-

2) I have not been informed of any sanctions against me, nor in the last , nor in any other career in which I have participated in this league, this season.- As everyone can read, Mr. Espinoza affirms that I have been sanctioned by you, and implies that those sanctions have produced in me a spirit of revenge against him, what takes me to hit him up and crash him every time Iam with him on a race track.

I want to clarify that I do not remember stay on track in any other opportunity with Mr. Espinoza, besides PRL Races and the practice were incident occourred.-

I request you as I have already done above, that if there is a sanction against me, as this guy affirms in the detailed text, please inform to me and inform to all in the forum like you always did. -

If nothing of this has happened, then clearly, Mr. Espinioza lacks the truth in his story in a rude way. - The only truth that contains the story of this guy, is that I have crashed deliverately in a practice in monza. And that is an action that I acknowledge wrong and I consider that the sanction that I have received is fine.- I repeat. I do not intend to discuss this.-But I want to clarify that the fact that I have been "supposedly" denounced, or that PRL "supposedly" sanctioned me, have not been the reasons for my wrong action, but in that practice, Mr. Espinoza, took me out of the track twice with a touch from behind while I was trying to perform stints with a full tank of fuel.

Again, I insist on this.- My action against Mr. Espinoza in that practice was incorrect. But really,  against this kind of guys, my patience has a limit. - Surely I should have denounced it. - It is what I will do next time.-

Thanks for your time.-Greetings to all and I hope you have an excellent race at Monza.-

Ken Rodriguez

Organizer
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S2
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Kenneth Rodriguez
iRacing ID
Think this would have been better handled in a private PM with the league organizers. Just saying. This post perhaps should be removed or hidden.

Creo que esto habría sido mejor manejado en un PM privado con los organizadores de la liga. Solo digo. Este post quizás debería ser eliminado u oculto.

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Hi Federico,

The following statement does not only apply to you but to all PRL members.

Usually, this kind of post would have been deleted from the forum since it did not involved PRL at all. Next time, we would appreciate that you contact your organisers privately so they can reach out to us if needed.

Yes, we do received a protest from Espinoza against you but no decision has been taken yet (we will post the report soon though). Like we state in the Stewards thread, we may not ask for protested driver's view as the iRacing replays are enough complete so we can make a deep analysis of the incident. We will contact the protested driver's only if necessary. Once the protest result is posted, the protested driver's have 48h to submit an appeal if desired. Also, we have not always posted in steward thread the current investigations. We try to do it on a regular basis, but you must understand that we are busy and sometime we may forget to do it. We started doing this only from last season.

Does iRacing penalize and can penalize on league replay, I don't know. We are not involved in any iRacing Stewards decision. What happened on iRacing remains on iRacing. Decisions taken by iRacing stewards are not taken into account in our decisions. iRacing stewards' decision do not influence our stewards decision. The stewarding systems of PRL and iRacing are totally different, we run our own stewarding system. However, we have all trust on iRacing stewarding team and we will always support their decision. If they penalize a driver, it's because it was deserved, point.

Please, do not and never bring the problems you have on iRacing to PRL. However, if a driver decide to revenge himself against a driver on a PRL race, be SURE that there will be a protest and severe consequences will be apply by PRL stewarding team. We have NO tolerance on revenge.

Again, I repeat, what happen on iRacing must stay on iRacing and NEVER bring this to PRL.

[at]Hootius[/at] Charles, I'll let you add if you deem necessary to do so!

Now, let's move on and have a good race at Monza!

C_Valenzuela

Name
1) Monza, a track of straight and high speed corners with a few slow chicanes, which car do you see taking victory? Will Carl be knocked off a podium spot for a second week in a row?
-Maybe Ferrari cars have more chance, but Carl is a great driver.

2) What are your thoughts on Monza? Love it? Hate it?
-I don't like it, but not so much to hate it. Anyway, it will be hard for me  :lol: :lol:

3) Apart from iRacing, do you drive in other simulators? Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor, other? Would you like to see some of those simulator's features in iRacing?
-Assetto Corsa, but not so much (because time and PRL) I love the tire model in AC, some graphics stuff that appears to be more modern. Sometimes iRacing looks outdated. The "in-sim" UI it's terrible in iRacing. Ah, one more thing is rain, we need some wet races! :)

Kirru

Premium Member
Name
Cory
iRacing ID
1) Monza, a track of straight and high speed corners with a few slow chicanes, which car do you see taking victory? Will Carl be knocked off a podium spot for a second week in a row?
Ferrari is going to be tough to beat but Carl will definitely put up a fight. I expect to see great battling in the 1 to 5 spots this week.

Hate it. Never really enjoyed this track. I can tolerate it in the 919 but not any other car. I can't get some corners down so I am going to try my best to have some good runs.

3) Apart from iRacing, do you drive in other simulators? Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor, other? Would you like to see some of those simulator's features in iRacing?
I am strictly iRacing. I don't see a point in adding more games to my already large library. Need to tone it down and focus on a few.

Hotwir3

Name
Tyler DeZubay
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1) Monza, a track of straight and high speed corners with a few slow chicanes, which car do you see taking victory? Will Carl be knocked off a podium spot for a second week in a row?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I feel like I have good pace again this week, we will see!  :D [/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2) What are your thoughts on Monza? Love it? Hate it?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]It's alright.  I just hate when you overtake someone slower than you and they have a half mile to draft and get beside you before the next turn, which slows you both down.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3) Apart from iRacing, do you drive in other simulators? Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor, other? Would you like to see some of those simulator's features in iRacing?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Does the original Need for Speed count?  :lol: [/font][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]  I've only done shooters my whole life until I decided I needed something fresh and new in my life.  [/font]

Ozymandias

Organizer
Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
I could be a spectator in some official races this week ... apparently the ferrari is competitive with the BMW and Porsche, saving the first laps of an accident, it can be a very fun race

I like the circuit, but I do not like what happens many times in the first laps, turning the races into chaos the first 2 chicanes.

I tried very little AC and Automobilista ... but the online of both is light years behind from what iRacing offers....

Joshuadaniels

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Joshua Daniels
iRacing ID
1.yes
2.love it
3.iv tried almost all other sims i feel theirs nothing iracing could benefit from any of them

Modoff

Name
Carl Modoff
iRacing ID
The Ferraris will be hard to beat for sure, but I hope to see Carl on the podium! 

I usually love it, this week I haven't had the best races though, so me and Monza aren't on talking terms at the moment

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3) [/font][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Apart from iRacing, do you drive in other simulators? Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor, other? Would you like to see some of those simulator's features in iRacing?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]No I dont, I grew up racing on Live for Speed, which was great, but iRacing feels pretty good to me and I dont have time to do more than one.  [/font]

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
I think all car can be strong here. Even if there is long straight, downforce is critical here to get a good corner exit and best top speed at the end. Of course, Carl will be the man to beat!

I love Monza! But I have a lot of difficulty with the parabolica.

No, I only focus on iRacing. I use to play F1 games sometimes, but I just hate F1 games now and it's too hard to get use to multiple games. Would love to see the strategy of F1 games into iRacing!

a_espinosa

Name
Anrdes Espinoza
iRacing ID
Monza will be a fun race, fast track and I think we might see new faces pop up in the top 5! Will be challenging for sure!

I wouldn't say I hate it, but we are about to #sendit

Nope, there's no point IMO.

Good luck everyone!

JustinRehm

Name
Justin Rehm
iRacing ID
I would Like to apologize if i made contact or messed anyone up at lap 9 or 10 during my connection issue. Screen completely froze coming down Pit Straight then again all the way through T1 to the 2nd chicane, so i decided to step out.
I fairly certain i know the issue and will have it fixed.

Ken Rodriguez

Organizer
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S2
Name
Kenneth Rodriguez
iRacing ID
Congratulations to Tyler DeZubay on his win tonight. Great battle fought the entire race up front. Congrats to the podium and everyone who finished. Monza was tough.

Ozymandias

Organizer
Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
Congrats to Tyler and the rest of the podium. Bad result for me, I felt good for this race.
Unfortunately the contact between Jorge and Benjamin caused me to make a mistake when trying to avoid them and end up against the wall and forced repairs .... I have never had very good memories of Monza :cry:

see you next week @SPA

Kirru

Premium Member
Name
Cory
iRacing ID
JustinRehm said:
I would Like to apologize if i made contact or messed anyone up at lap 9 or 10 during my connection issue. Screen completely froze coming down Pit Straight then again all the way through T1 to the 2nd chicane, so i decided to step out.
I fairly certain i know the issue and will have it fixed.

I am in VR and had some severe stuttering last night. Not sure if that relates to anything you had. It was touch and go a few times but luckily I was coming on to a straight the few time it did do it. Funny how I had no issue the entire week until I get in to the most important race of my week.

As much as I hate Monza, I felt like I had a decent race. Even with the contact with Leif which we both discussed and laughed at.  We're officially contact buddies :p a third time and he has to buy drinks lmao

I felt like there was some good clean racing between myself and the group I was with. I'd get a good run pass a few folks and screw up and they'd go by. So my race was pretty much back and forth. Although, Pablo, that move after we pitted in to Turns 3 and 4 was very sketchy and I would not recommend that. Other than that, it was good. Monza can burn in proverbial H*** for all I care.

See everyone at Spa!!