Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 4: Autodromo Nazionale Monza - GP (11 Oct)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Monza - GP.png
 ​
Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Time of day: Late Afternoon
Race Length: 30 minutes
Max Incidents: 30
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 1

Pre-Race Interview
1. Fast track this week, are you ready for some draft?
2. Have you watched the video posted below?
3. What question do you wish I would ask?

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Early lap as it's one of my favorite tracks!

Default late afternoon weather gave me a track temp of 29C (84F).  Managed a 2:14.679  Blap and Olap files here

I felt pretty good about this one minus Parabolica, but will keep trying to improve.  I am sure the top times will be well into the 2:13's, but being one of my better tracks I am hoping to be a bit closer than the usual 2 seconds off pace.  May Greg have mercy on my laptimes.

EDIT:  I'm dumb and attached the wrong lap files.  Fixed.

Mark Phile

Organizer
Unfortunately I will be missing this race yet and then I will be back. This is one of my favorites, sucks to miss it. See everyone next week!

DeamingPie

Organizer
Full Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
Gunner said:

Default late afternoon weather gave me a track temp of 29C (84F).  Managed a 2:14.679  Blap and Olap files here

I felt pretty good about this one minus Parabolica, but will keep trying to improve.  I am sure the top times will be well into the 2:13's, but being one of my better tracks I am hoping to be a bit closer than the usual 2 seconds off pace.  May Greg have mercy on my laptimes.

The draft should keep everyone nice and close unless you make massive mistakes or get caught up in chaos.  

This should basically look like a Moto 3 race.  If you don't know what Moto 3 is, please slam your testicles in a desk drawer immediately...

crich88848

Premium Member
Full Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
DeamingPie said:
Gunner said:

The draft should keep everyone nice and close unless you make massive mistakes or get caught up in chaos.  

This should basically look like a Moto 3 race.  If you don't know what Moto 3 is, please slam your testicles in a desk drawer immediately...

Well that didn't feel good!

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
I may miss this race, (and I love this track).  If I do make it, it will  be just before start time.

dan

DeamingPie

Organizer
Full Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
crich88848 said:
DeamingPie said:
Gunner said:

Well that didn't feel good!

:lol:

[youtube]v1MrnCtCdPw[/youtube]

TRG

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Gentlemen - pre-race interview is up!

[youtube]BJNs1KM1bzE[/youtube]

**Note - please view the video above. There have been some concerns about blocking brought up during/post race. If you feel someone is blocking you, please submit a replay to the stewards. This is why we have race stewards! Getting on Discord and voicing your displeasure and breaking the concentration of others is just as unfair as intentionally blocking.

To quote the official PRL Racing Rules:

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]10. Defending Your Position[/font]
[ol]
[li]More than one change of direction to defend a position is not permitted. Any driver moving back towards the racing line, having earlier defended his position off-line, should leave at least one car width between his own car and the edge of the track on the approach to the corner.[/li]
[li]Any driver defending their position on a straight, and before any braking area, may use the full width of the track during his first move, provided no significant portion of the car attempting to pass is alongside his.[/li]
[li]For the avoidance of doubt, if any part of the front wheel of the car attempting to pass is alongside the rear wheel of the car in front this will be deemed to be a ‘significant portion’.[/li]
[li]Blocking is not permitted at any time.
[ol]
[li]Any deviation by a driver from the racing line, that is a reaction to a move from the trailing driver which impedes the trailing drivers forward progress, is not permitted at any time.[/li]
[li]You are entitled to choose your racing line, and positioning your car on the inside line is a fair manner to defend your position. However, you must position your car on this defensive line before the trailing driver attempts to pass you, and not as a reaction to his attempt.[/li]
[li]The ahead driver must not make any malicious or inappropriate braking or slowing manoeuvres. Leading drivers must never 'brake test' the car(s) behind them, swerve in a braking zone, or try to break a tow. The leading driver is entitled to be slower or use longer and earlier braking zones than the trailing driver. They are also entitled to use whichever racing line they choose.[/li]
[/ol]
[/li]
[li]Manoeuvres liable to hinder other drivers, such as deliberate crowding of a car beyond the edge of the track or any other abnormal change of direction, are not permitted.[/li]
[/ol]

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Full Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
It is going to be a really fun race. I am excited to see what happens tonight. Lets keep it clean guys.

Not yet.

What question would you prefer me not to ask.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
1) the only draft I get is when the leaders pass me.
2) yes, yes I did
3) why is the sky green and the grass blue?  What is the answer to life, and don't tell me it's 42.  I fell for that trick earlier.  And one final question.  When did Quarterbacks become such babies?

DeamingPie

Organizer
Full Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. Fast track this week, are you ready for some draft?[/font]
Draft beer?  Absolutely.  
The draft factor is going to be huge.  Hopefully people will take this into consideration when entering the braking zones, otherwise it's going to look like I-4 during rush hour while it's raining.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. Have you watched the video posted below?[/font]
Six times for good measure.  Oh, you meant the iRacing video and not the Moto3 video.  In that case, yes.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. What question do you wish I would ask?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Newtonian physics questions.[/font]

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Yes I'm ready! I just love this track! I hope we will not have a big carnage on turn 1 of first lap.

No but I understand it don't worry. I've seen this video I think a few years ago!

I think you need inspiration lol! Here is a classic question: Is a hot dog a sandwich?

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview

Looking forward to it. Just gotta get through turn 1 first.

Sure did.

I wish you’d ask whether or not i think 9/11 was an inside job...

mclachlanol

Organizer
Full Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Sorry James and Michael for spinning in front of you guys hopefully you guys didn't get too much damage. I want to say I damaged my front wing cutting the chicane before that but it could of easily of been me being an idiot and over cooking it. Had a great race before that battling with Greg and Edwin and then with Juan and Jeff. Even managed to lead the race for a grand total of 10sec!!!  :p :p :p :p
Three bad finishes in a row and I can't blame anyone but me :x :x :x

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Full Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
mclachlanol said:
Sorry James and Michael for spinning in front of you guys hopefully you guys didn't get too much damage. I want to say I damaged my front wing cutting the chicane before that but it could of easily of been me being an idiot and over cooking it. Had a great race before that battling with Greg and Edwin and then with Juan and Jeff. Even managed to lead the race for a grand total of 10sec!!!  :p :p :p :p

Owen it is my fault. I worked a deal with team manager for me to have the number 1 engineer. But he is switching to you next week. Look out Greg, my boy is coming for you

SuperHawk

Premium Member
mclachlanol said:
No problem Owen. It didn't do too much damage, just bent the front wing a touch, but didn't really change the handling much. The only thing it did was bring Matt back into my draft darn it! He got me at the line. Good racing with you Matt. Nice and clean, was fun.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
So this was mostly a fun race for me. A nice wide track with a lot of overtaking. Now for my recap through text.

Jerome I'm sorry for messing you up again, I down shifted too far in the last turn which caused your rears to lock and spin out. Karma gets me later on I guess as you finish ahead of me.

I had 2 moments with 2 different drivers that made me question whether or not they were paying attention or on auto pilot. First incident was between turn 6 and 7 which is not a passing location at all so I don't know why try tried. Although I did offer the space they needed, I guess going over the apex curb slowed them down a bit and my rear hooked their front tire and made them spin. This was a weird moment and wasn't expecting someone to try and pass me entering turn 7. Next incident was going 3 wide into turn 11, the person in question went in between me and the other guy. I guess they locked up or something and took both me and him out while allowing the other guy to drive off untouched. I'd understand if this was the last lap and you wanted to slow us down but we literally had like 4 more laps to go.

Not holding it against anyone because this happens in racing, but racing sense needs to be vital when racing so closely together for long periods of time. I enjoyed all my battles and would hahavhahave been okay with taps and bumps but what I experienced was rookie aggression. I get it sometimes too but you need to remember that you shouldnt try to pass every chance that comes up, only make the pass if you're certain you have a large window or if you can safely produce a window to overtake at a turn by strategic placement.