Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Round 3: Watkins Glen International - Boot (03 Jul)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
 ​
Sponsored by 3D Concepts & Creations

Facebook Page
    ​
 ​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB0DVObixQs&feature=youtu.be​
 ​
 ​
Time of day: Afternoon
Max. incidents: 40
Race length: 60 minutes
Max. fuel: 50%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-race interview
1. One hour race this week. How does it affects your strategy? Do you prefer 45 or 60 minutes races 
2. Watkins Glen is a classic north american circuit. What is your favorite north american circuit 
3. How is your summer so far? Have you had time to spend time outside and with family? 

SuperHawk

Premium Member
Just thought I would check. The official series this week allows 65% fuel since it is an hour long race. Are we doing the same, or are we keeping it at 50%?

Gary Schilling

Organizer
Full Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
1. One hour race this week. How does it affects your strategy? Do you prefer 45 or 60 minutes races
Depends on the track. I usually do well @ Watkins. Now that I've said that I'll have problems.
I like longer races.

2. Watkins Glen is a classic north american circuit. What is your favorite north american circuit
Watkins Glen
3. How is your summer so far? Have you had time to spend time outside and with family?
I own a bicycle shop that depends on the summer tourist business. Winter is when I get some time to myself.

Slinky13

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. One hour race this week. How does it affects your strategy? Do you prefer 45 or 60 minutes races [/font]
I think the main difference is gonna be that since we're still using 50% fuel for the 60 minute you basically have to have the same pit strategy as everyone else cause you have to take almost a full tank. I think in general for a series I prefer 45 but having a few 60s sprinkled in is nice. 
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. Watkins Glen is a classic north american circuit. What is your favorite north american circuit [/font]
VIR for sure. It's a stunning track. 
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. How is your summer so far? Have you had time to spend time outside and with family? [/font]
 Going well! Highlight so far has been Champcar at Watkins Glen. Looking forward to Champcar at VIR in August. Also I really wouldn't want to be outside right this moment since it's 95 degrees out. 

A

Anonymous

Pre-race interview
1. One hour race this week. How does it affects your strategy?

No real change in strategy, one stop is still the order of the day with no new tires, just need to stretch that first stint out a bit.

2. Watkins Glen is a classic north american circuit. What is your favorite north american circuit?

I have been lucky enough to race at a few tracks IRL so far - my favourite for driving is Barber, but my favourite race has been at WGI this spring. VIR also deserves a mention.

It's been far too hot recently in NYC to go outside, but it's my birthday tomorrow (4th of July!) so I hope to be able to get out and enjoy some celebrations and fireworks with my wife!

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Rapido said:
Pre-race interview
1. One hour race this week. How does it affects your strategy?

No real change in strategy, one stop is still the order of the day with no new tires, just need to stretch that first stint out a bit.

2. Watkins Glen is a classic north american circuit. What is your favorite north american circuit?

I have been lucky enough to race at a few tracks IRL so far - my favourite for driving is Barber, but my favourite race has been at WGI this spring. VIR also deserves a mention.

It's been far too hot recently in NYC to go outside, but it's my birthday tomorrow (4th of July!) so I hope to be able to get out and enjoy some celebrations and fireworks with my wife!

Happy birthday!

TRG

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Apologies to the guys that I collected on entry to the carousel. Not sure what happened, I was on the same line I took all race, nothing out of the ordinary on the replay. Car came around on me, across to the wall. I knew I had traffic coming, so I held the brakes hoping you'd get around me. Again sorry to all that had their race ruined.

MrCaringi

I think there is no way I can say the feelings in English, so:

Mathew Fraley, el coñisimo de tu madre, eres un pedazo de mamaguevo; no puedo ni siquiera entender que coño de la madre intentabas hacer, maldita sea nos jodistes la carrera como a 8 de nosotros, incluso a mi compañero de equipo,eres un pedazo de imbecil.

No creo que pueda seguir corriendo en este torneo despues de esto, es una maldita broma, una carrera de 1 hora! 1 hora y este pedazo de mamaguevo nos mata antes de la curva 5!!!

Congrats to te winners.

shawnkenning

If anyone happened to save the whole race and wouldn't mind sharing it with me via dropbox, that would be great. I didn't know to change my settings. Please and thank you. 

athacker

Premium Member
I know it's not listed anywhere in the regs, but in this case, I think a full course caution would have made sense. Allow those with moderately driveable cars to return to the pits safely and those who chose to safely stop on the course to let the wreck clear return to the action.

Afawcett94

shawnkenning said:
If anyone happened to save the whole race and wouldn't mind sharing it with me via dropbox, that would be great. I didn't know to change my settings. Please and thank you. 

Here's a full replay [font=Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]https://goo.gl/8RTkyp[/font]

Slinky13

Really enjoyed my first race. Had a great battle with Eissle before the stops. Tried to make a move a few times but my car just didn't have the top end speed I needed. At the pitstop I ran out of fuel in the lane and coasted to my box but overshot it and had to tow. That dropped me back to 7th. Had a very intense battle with Dupont and was finally able to get by after he made a bit of a mistake exiting the bus stop. Bad luck for Perez and Pinto which sent me back to a lucky P3. Looking forward to Mosport!