Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 3: The Dirt Track at Charlotte (23 Jul)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
The_Dirt_Track_At_Charlotte.png
 ​
Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​
 ​
Time of day: Night
Heat 1: 12 laps
Heat 2: 12 laps
Featured: 40 laps
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 1

John LaBaff

Premium Member
NASCAR Truck Series 2021/S3
MX-5 Cup Series 2021/S4
Name
John LaBaff
iRacing ID
Pre Race Interview

1. Being a Trial race season and the first Dirt series for PRL what are your thoughts and would you do another season
2. What are your expectations for your trial season of PRL dirt
3. Changes are being made for the better in dirt whats one that you would like to see

fotors3

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S3
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S4
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Pre Race Interview

1. Being a Trial race season and the first Dirt series for PRL what are your thoughts and would you do another season?

Yes I would. I want to get more experience on dirt and if my schedule permits, I would love to do another season. 

2. What are your expectations for your trial season of PRL dirt?

Pretty much trial and error. I expected a group of guys who know dirt well, and the rest of us to just wing it - and that's what's happening. Everyone seems to be having a lot of fun.

3. Changes are being made for the better in dirt whats one that you would like to see?

Changes for our season or dirt in general? For our season races, just increase the amount of laps in case we have issues with yellows (which is being done). As far as for the dirt platform itself? I think the physics modeling is there. It feels great. I hope the physics and tire model is improved to get us as real as possible. I would love to see more improvements to the packing down of dirt and multiple grooves opening up. 

Billy Rowlee

Name
1. Being a Trial race season and the first Dirt series for PRL what are your thoughts and would you do another season
So far so good. The one race I got into was fun, even with the issues. It's a good group of guys. I like the fixed setup aspect as it puts the driver in control over the setup. Would love to see more series involving dirt once it gets going. Also love the idea of a true USAC national championship with both dirt and pavement races with the non wing sprint car.

Be competitive, run up front, and have fun. Get better with the lines required to run on this game and get some of the "real life" scenarios of what I would do out of my head.

3. Changes are being made for the better in dirt whats one that you would like to see
The laps is going to be a good change. Only thing I'd like to see is more racers to come in. Get 4 solid heats, and a B main, and really makes you earn making the feature. But understand during this trial you want to get everyone as many laps as possible.

Billy Rowlee

Name
So far so good. The one race I got into was fun, even with the issues. It's a good group of guys. I like the fixed setup aspect as it puts the driver in control over the setup. Would love to see more series involving dirt once it gets going. Also love the idea of a true USAC national championship with both dirt and pavement races with the non wing sprint car.

Be competitive, run up front, and have fun. Get better with the lines required to run on this game and get some of the "real life" scenarios of what I would do out of my head.

The laps is going to be a good change. Only thing I'd like to see is more racers to come in. Get 4 solid heats, and a B main, and really makes you earn making the feature. But understand during this trial you want to get everyone as many laps as possible.

chatley59

Premium Member
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
1. Being a Trial race season and the first Dirt series for PRL what are your thoughts and would you do another season?

I'm enjoying it and glad to be apart of the first dirt on PRL even though my car went into full Maximum Overdrive mode last race.

2. What are your expectations for your trial season of PRL dirt?

To continue to get better on the dirt and improve in every race.

3. Changes are being made for the better in dirt whats one that you would like to see?

Once everyone gets used to the dirt, maybe going back to the double file restart but with the leaders control. And if there's contact on that restart, go to single file for the next, just like the Outlaws do.

Robert Scott

Name
This was really fun. My first race with this group. Best iracing experience in a while on dirt. Guys raced with respect and track had a usable low groove. Will definitely be back.

Rory Collins

Name
Congrats AJ. You had us covered once again. After Billy called you AJ and I saw you in a #91 car it jogged my memory of you also racing in the 600's Indiana/Illinois circuit. And you were blazing fast there as well. I can see were gonna be chasing you all season. Good race.

Man that was some fun racing. I believe Billy, Jake and I were running 3 wide for a couple laps straight. It was a battle with someone every lap it seemed. Good stuff.

JeffSteward72

Premium Member
Name

Really enjoying what I have seen so far and I would absolutely run more seasons in this series!

Learning how a series goes and seeing the format that the organizers have in mind. Meeting new people and becoming better at running the Winged Sprint Cars.

So far I have liked everything that I have seen but this question will be revisited at the end of the season. Right now the only thing I would say is to add more races but with this being a trial series I would imagine there will be more in a more formal series.