Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• Precision Racing eSports happy to announce it's NEW Pro Driver eSports Team! This is a paid position!

For more details go down in the forum to the new Precision Racing eSports section.

Round 3: Rockingham Speedway - Oval (Jan 10)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID

Race Length: 200 laps
Max Incidents: 24
Fuel Limit: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Last edited by a moderator:

Hootius

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Happy race day peeps! 200 laps on the docket for tonight. Hope everyone is prepared. 3 cautions and we won't get all of the laps in, so worry about consistency over raw speed and let's keep the green flag laps rolling.

Michael Witt

Premium Member
Full Name
Michael Witt
iRacing ID
Happy race day peeps! 200 laps on the docket for tonight. Hope everyone is prepared. 3 cautions and we won't get all of the laps in, so worry about consistency over raw speed and let's keep the green flag laps rolling.
I’m Ready! Been working hard this week on the setup and running quick consistent laps. ✅✅✅🏁

Hootius

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
We have always aimed for 3/4 cautions to get all of the laps in. Same way when we had the shorter races. We aimed for 45 mins of green laps with a 60 min time limit, and now we aim for 75 mins of green laps with a 90 min limit. This is the first time with open sets and longer races (plus this track and a couple others we have not raced before in Cup), so there will be some give and takes and will learn the right lengths for each track as we get more under our belt.

ConnorHall77

Premium Member
Full Name
Connor Greene Hall
iRacing ID
I like long races but why have it so long that even a few cautions could shorten the race?
Not that I am anyone of grand knowledge, but I'd suggest simply shortening the 2 hours and some change of practice to simply 2 hours. Then add the extra time towards the race. Or, simply just purchase a longer time slot session. An extra hour at the rate PRL host events is only .37 cents.

chatley59

Premium Member
Full Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
Not that I am anyone of grand knowledge, but I'd suggest simply shortening the 2 hours and some change of practice to simply 2 hours. Then add the extra time towards the race. Or, simply just purchase a longer time slot session. An extra hour at the rate PRL host events is only .37 cents.
It's the broadcasting time slot that dictates the length of the races. If they weren't broadcasted, then that would be a viable option.