Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 3: Road Atlanta - GP (Mod) (18Mar18)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
AC_Road_Atlanta.png
 ​
Sponsor this circuit for only $2.95 USD

[circuit_3][/circuit_3]​

Race Settings
Dynamic Track: Start at 100%
Start Type: Standing
Race Length: 30 min.

Check lap times here: http://176.9.156.139:50409/lapstat

Track download: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/road-atlanta-2017.18293/

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2021/S4
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
something is wrong with the server. It's putting me in a race instead of free practice.

Lum

Name
Server is fine, there is a race after a couple of million hours of free practice :)

Love this track. That doesn't mean that I will be quick around it, but at least I'll enjoy every single spin :D

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
I'm seriously going to lose my mind. Ran 1:23's in private practice session without breaking a sweat. Can barely get low 26's on the server. Things like this are how kittens get punched.

Please note: I would never harm a kitten...

Lum

Name
Track conditions are usually tricky to compare times. Use training simply to gain experience with the combo at hand, not to reach top times. When you can do laps easily and without fear of crashing every other corner, you can force the time to come down...

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
Lum said:
Track conditions are usually tricky to compare times. Use training simply to gain experience with the combo at hand, not to reach top times. When you can do laps easily and without fear of crashing every other corner, you can force the time to come down...

I have it figured out now. 

I was being stupid in a no stupid zone.  The world is right again and kittens are safe... 

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
Have you guys across the pond from me have your time change yet?

Xaidenb29

Name
DeamingPie said:
Have you guys across the pond from me have your time change yet?

Nope not yet it’s 10:00 in the morning right now 
Been a busy week for me but got a little practice in man I love this track it’s gonna be a tough race!

Xaidenb29

Name
Pre race question time:
What are your thoughts on road Atlanta?

How is your season going so far are you happy with it or do you feel you should have done better?

Is everyone excited for assetto corsa competitionze?

Xaidenb29

Name
Xaidenb29 said:
Pre race question time:

How is your season going so far are you happy with it or do you feel you should have done better?

For me it might be my favourite track on our calendar I love the flow the high speed corners the long straight everything about it! 
Well my season has gone as good as it could of but it’s been tough for me to make it that good hopefully today is very fun! 
And I’m very excited for it assetto finally having weather conditions thrills me and being licensed by blancpain it means the gt3 cars will be fantastic to drive :)

tornaado66

Name
Xaidenb29 said:
Pre race question time:

The Track is awesome, especially The Esses. Not sure where my pace will put me in the race, but it will be exciting to see.

Season has been okay, but fun.  I was lucky to get 2nd in Barcelona, but i need to drive better to win.

Lum

Name
Xaidenb29 said:
Pre race question time:

The track is very nice. The track is not to blame that the car doesn't like kerbs. The track is a highlight of the calendar. I'm happy with the track. Bless the track. Track is life! :mrgreen:

The season lacks more drivers, of course, but is okay so far. I'm underperforming, I must admit. My head is on other things and I can't concentrate properly at race time. But I'm commited to this, so I'll try harder :)

It's a bold step from Kunos. I don't specially like to drive GT3 cars, but if done properly, the Online system could be great. What I really hope is that new content (aka, new Series) come after release. I have some hopes for the offline career mode. Also: UE4 = prettiness³

Xaidenb29

Name
DEADZERO said:
I'm getting a penalty every time I leave the pits. Can't move until the timer counts down

THats extremely odd but it sounds like a problem on your end 

Xaidenb29

Name
Pretty poor race from me today was very shoddy the first few laps then had a good spell got right up to tornado alongside at one point but then I had a bad lap then I hit the wall through the Esses lost 15 seconds and a few laps later I did it again lucky to still finish p2 congrats to tornado was the quicker and better driver today deserved win :)