Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• Precision Racing eSports happy to announce it's NEW Pro Driver eSports Team! This is a paid position!

For more details go down in the forum to the new Precision Racing eSports section.

Round 3: Road America - Full Course (Jan 11)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID

Race Time of day: 2021-04-01 12:00 1x
Race Length: 40 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 11x, DSQ at 17x
Max Fuel: 50%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

barryf1fan

Premium Member
Full Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
Finally getting to a track I am actually familiar with and excited about running in the GT3 cars

I'm excited for this one too!! Not saying I will be competitive with the guys at the front, in fact, I'm quite lacking in pace here - but doesn't keep this from being a favorite track of mine.
Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow night. (y)

barryf1fan

Premium Member
Full Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
Just to told you in case you didn't know, hugogallo you were flashing like 50 times per laps, it was impossible to aim to overtake you.
Try to look at that for next week ;-)

see ya!

Yeah, I backed off of Eduardo it was so bad... Hugo was popping up in front of me a couple times, too. Doubt I could of got Eduardo, but just couldn't push... Tire smoke popping up in every single turn didn't help either. :LOL:

Good race tonight though guys!

hugogallo

Premium Member
Full Name
Hugo Gallo
iRacing ID
Thanks lafcam93 barryf1fan and Eduardo L ... Really sorry for the distraction, on my end everything looked stable, when I checked my internet speed after the race I was getting less than 1 Mbps upload so I guess it was that.
During the race I was trying to get someone to unplug a router that we use for VPN and went off, and that still didn't help :cautious:

I'll restart everything and call my ISP, to make sure everything is ready for next week!

Kemosobie03

Premium Member
Full Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
I was all excited about finishing 27th out of 40 drivers last night... and then I watched the broadcast today and seen that only 29 drivers finished the race. Here I was thinking I was doing good lol. I'll figure this road racing thing out eventually!

Dflanagan

Premium Member
Full Name
David Flanagan
iRacing ID
Hey I would like to apologize to anyone and everyone I caused to wreck going through the kink. If anyone feels they need to protest my driving please do so. I’m really sorry I lost it for a lap or two. Couldn’t keep in on track on corner exit for about eight corners in a row. Hopefully I didn’t end anyone’s race. Otherwise was a fun race just wish I could’ve kept it together for a top ten finish!

DAVE_MENNENOH

Premium Member
Full Name
David Mennenoh
iRacing ID
Big Kudos to David Mennenoh for the battle we had for 3-4 laps at the end ! Clean defense and couldn't find any gap . Even watching the stream, I still can't find any haha Well done!
Thanks Arnaud! Yeah a great battle, you really had me sweating! You definitely had better pace especially towards the end. I was lucky to be able to save fuel before the pits sitting in your draft to perform the overcut. Had I not been in your draft, I suspect you would've pulled away. Really enjoyed the battle!

Eduardo L

Premium Member
Full Name
Eduardo Lorente
iRacing ID
Thanks for the fun race everyone! I had several exciting moments last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. No need to apologize hugogallo, we all have bad internet days here and there. Ultimately, we all finished and didn't wreck, so that's cool. Thanks also to barryf1fan for his restraint at the end, I think he could tell that I was anxious getting close to Hugo's warping car -- that was great sportmanship.

See you all next week. Cheers!

Spinn

Premium Member
Full Name
Spencer Semkowich
iRacing ID
I was all excited about finishing 27th out of 40 drivers last night... and then I watched the broadcast today and seen that only 29 drivers finished the race. Here I was thinking I was doing good lol. I'll figure this road racing thing out eventually!
As a habitual back marker, ain't nothing wrong with 27th, means you were still running at the finish! You can't win from the pits after all. For me, the best learning has come from keeping it running, and then getting to be in close battles with people for positions that matter.

Gary Schilling

Organizer
Full Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
Seems like no one wants to be my rabbit.
NicoNV93 got by me and we were both running close to the same times.
With a couple of laps to go as I was trying to find where I could pass him, he spun in T6.
No way I could catch the next car and I thought I had a big enough gap that I started to drive with caution as not to ruin my chance of a bonus point.
Then I see Spencer starting to close. Only problem I was really close of fuel. Once again made it across the line with .1 gallons left .

Spinn

Premium Member
Full Name
Spencer Semkowich
iRacing ID
Then I see Spencer starting to close. Only problem I was really close of fuel. Once again made it across the line with .1 gallons left .
You were getting nice and big in my windscreen, thought I had you set up perfect on the final lap. Which of course means I lost my concentration and miss my marker on T5 and run deep 😭

Ken Rodriguez

Organizer
Full Name
Kenneth Rodriguez
iRacing ID
@GT3 Sprint Series 2021/S1 I have been trying to get a full replay of lap 1 for the Orange Zone review as my iRacing unexpectedly quit on me after the server closed. That never happened before. So I was not able to review up until now. If anyone has a replay file, I can give you a link of where t upload it so that I can review. Sorry about this.

The other option is to have anyone involved in a lap 1 incident submit a protest, but that also has to be accompanied with a replay file so I'd rather do it myself.

If anyone has the replay from this past Monday, let me know. Again, very sorry about this.