Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 3: Road America - Full Course (Jan 09 2020)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Road America_Full Course.png

Practice: 2020-04-01 10:20
Qualifying: 2020-04-01 13:20
Race: 2020-04-01 13:35
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 20
Max Fuel: 50%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview-

1- After an extended break, we are finally back in the seat heading to Road America!  How does this track rate on your list of favorites?

2- Hopefully everyone had a great holiday season!  Did you make any upgrades or improvements to your racing rig?  

3- The Daytona 24hr is beginning to loom on the horizon.  Are you planning on hopping into a tin-top and participating?

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Unfortunately my internet is out and not looking good to make this week.

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
1. Road America is a true classic and is a great track to drive! Really look forward to when it makes the calendar.

2. No upgrades 😰

3. Yep will be in a dp this year. Hoping for a good race as this is the most important one to me of all the special events!

ruffalostarks

Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Stephen Varady
iRacing ID
Hey all, Happy New Year! I love this track but unfortunately I can't make the race tomorrow evening. I'll see y'all out there next week.

dkranes

Premium Member
Name
DANIEL KRANEFUSS
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1- After an extended break, we are finally back in the seat heading to Road America!  How does this track rate on your list of favorites?[/font]

I have a love/hate relationship with this track.  I love it but I'm pretty sure it hates me.  There is usually a good variety of setups people run which makes for an interesting race.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2- Hopefully everyone had a great holiday season!  Did you make any upgrades or improvements to your racing rig?  [/font]

I dumped my fantasy football winnings into some 8020 aluminum and a seat and made a custom rig.  Spent about an hour in it last night.  We'll see how it goes tonight lol.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3- The Daytona 24hr is beginning to loom on the horizon.  Are you planning on hopping into a tin-top and participating?[/font]
Probably not.  It's a blast but being a full-time single dad it's hard to carve out that much time.  It's tough enough just finding practice time for this league let alone anything else.​

Leedo

Name
Happy NY All,
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1- After an extended break, we are finally back in the seat heading to Road America!  How does this track rate on your list of favorites?[/font]
#2 favorite, after Spa.  Actually drove this track (well, the short version) in a half-day Skip Barber formula car class several years ago.  What an experience that was. 

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2- Hopefully everyone had a great holiday season!  Did you make any upgrades or improvements to your racing rig?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Right before the break actually, an Accuforce V2 and 5-year-old used Sim Seats cockpit.  Finally getting adjusted to them, and will be starting from the pits tonight, as I'm not 100% confident on race starts just yet.  [/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3- The Daytona 24hr is beginning to loom on the horizon.  Are you planning on hopping into a tin-top and participating?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Not enough time to do this - although will probably join a practice session or two.[/font]

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Sorry guys, but I'm sick as a dog and don't feel up to racing tonight. I would just ruin someone's race. Have a good race and see you next week.

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
Apologies to Kyle Strycharz for bumping him going into T5. I just screwed up on the brakes. I think I also got into Tyler at some point, maybe? Or Aaron? Not my best performance tonight.

eleblanc

Name
Eric Leblanc
iRacing ID
Hi all,

I'd like to say great racing by all i've been around on the track, yesterday was full of action and big kudos with those i've battled. I've yet to see anyone try dangerously to overtake, everyone is very cautious and patient, waiting for the little mistake that will let you pass. This is exactly how sim racer should be, we are running so much on edge that trying to force a pass is very risky, at least in sim racing. GSRC are doing a great job with broadcast and with so much action they should go dual/multi view, lol! They are missing alot. :D

I've been having issue with VR where i need to recenter my view every lap, it continously and slowly rotate to one side or the other, yesterday i went wide in Canada corner, spun and hit the wall hard, just after recentering my view in the stretch prior to the corner. I need to fix that.

Again good job all.

lafcam93

Name
James David
iRacing ID
Hi PRL drivers !
Has my teamate Leblanc says ! I am really impressed by the quality of drivers here, Road America is also an amazing track... Everytime a race happen here magic happen! I want to congratulate everyone especially the winner again.
For my part i didn't practice before the race day ,practice was difficult and then in qualification my setup was doing very good , i was really surprise to start P3, i made an ugly mistake in t3 , i hope i didn't make anyone crash i just realize that i tought the field was already passed by me but because i had only 20 visible cars... Suddently a bunch of cars just appear close to me so i jump on the brake to wait. After that i was starting back dead last and i am sonewhat satisfied to get back p11 for the finish and those positions were hard fight with a lot of guys!

Again cheers for this season, the broadcast team is really good and the group of drivers!