Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 3: Phillip Island Circuit (Jan 13 2020)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Philip_Island_GP.png

Time of Day at Session Start: Noon
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 24
Max Fuel: 50%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 1

Pre-race interviews
1) With us driving a Front Wheel Drive machine, is this something you prefer to race, or if not what drive racing do you prefer?

2)Whats is the fastest car you have ever driven, and do ya own it?

3) We had a low turnout already in week 2, was it Oran Park that kept you away? do you only prefer to race popular circuits? Do you not like the car? Help us help you  :D

ViperX12

Name
Just a heads up, I was looking at the session settings and I noticed that the start type is set to standing for this round. I'm guessing this is a mistake since the rest are set to rolling.

Mark Phile

Premium Member
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Pre-race interviews[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1) With us driving a Front Wheel Drive machine, is this something you prefer to race, or if not what drive racing do you prefer?[/font]
I prefer RWD but this is a nice change of pace 

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2)Whats is the fastest car you have ever driven, and do ya own it?[/font]
Hellcat Charger, it was my brother in laws car

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3) We had a low turnout already in week 2, was it Oran Park that kept you away? do you only prefer to race popular circuits? Do you not like the car? Help us help you  [/font][img=15x17]http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif[/img]
I like racing different cars and tracks

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
I hate to sound like a broken record, but I'm going to have to bail on this.
1} I can't come to terms with getting it to turn.
I guess since Daytona is such an easy track I had no problems.
2} I lost close to 100 IR yesterday when I quit a race right before Q started.
I need to do more official races to get that back.
As far as the pre-race questions:
1{ Asked and answered :(
2 { Built 79 Z28-- I owned it} Went much faster in every one of the motorcycles I've owned.
3} Don't really have a problem with any of the tracks selected, it's me and the car which I had high hopes for.
Actually had Sam Maxwell build a Momo Mod 30 just for this car.

mmontalvo

Name
Moises Montalvo
iRacing ID
Pre-race interviews
1) With us driving a Front Wheel Drive machine, is this something you prefer to race, or if not what drive racing do you prefer?

FWD is really not my thing, turning this thing feels too sluggish. I prefer open-wheelers like the Skippy or F3.

2)Whats is the fastest car you have ever driven, and do ya own it?

Fastest car I've ever driven was a Dodge Challenger don't recall the year but it was 08-9ish SRT. Pinned you to the seat, I drove it for an event at the car dealership I worked at. Fastest vehicle ever was my 05' Ducati 800 SS and I miss it SO MUCH lol

3) We had a low turnout already in week 2, was it Oran Park that kept you away? do you only prefer to race popular circuits? Do you not like the car? Help us help you :D

I'm a Pre-Law Criminal Justice Major and... shi... assignments... happen. To be honest, though, I wasn't looking forward to Oran Park with how difficult this car is to turn.

mmontalvo

Name
Moises Montalvo
iRacing ID
Alrighty, sorry guys just did a bunch of test laps on here and it's just this car. I hate it. I absolutely can not stand FWD in a race car. I'm done. I'm simply not enjoying this car. I'm withdrawing from the series.

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
Hi,

Apologies to Daniel, My fault, my spotter told me CAR OUTSIDE, I taught I was beside you...

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
SharkV said:
Hi,

Apologies to Daniel, My fault, my spotter told me CAR OUTSIDE, I taught I was beside you...

No worries Dany, my spotter said "clear", than 2 seconds later as I was sliding around the spotter said "on your left"

dan

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
bonaduce said:
SharkV said:
Hi,

No worries Dany, my spotter said "clear", than 2 seconds later as I was sliding around the spotter said "on your left"

dan

I think we should fire those spotter.  😜😜😜😜

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
Gary Schilling said:
I hate to sound like a broken record, but I'm going to have to bail on this.
1} I can't come to terms with getting it to turn.
I guess since Daytona is such an easy track I had no problems.
2} I lost close to 100 IR yesterday when I quit a race right before Q started.
I need to do more official races to get that back.
As far as the pre-race questions:
1{ Asked and answered :(
2 { Built 79 Z28-- I owned it} Went much faster in every one of the motorcycles I've owned.
3} Don't really have a problem with any of the tracks selected, it's me and the car which I had high hopes for.
Actually had Sam Maxwell build a Momo Mod 30 just for this car.

mmontalvo said:
Alrighty, sorry guys just did a bunch of test laps on here and it's just this car. I hate it. I absolutely can not stand FWD in a race car. I'm done. I'm simply not enjoying this car. I'm withdrawing from the series.

We appreciate the honesty, guys. I'm afraid I'm to blame since I suggested the TCR for this season. I hadn't driven it much, but I had driven the Clio Cup car in PC2, which is a ton of fun. I figured the Audi would handle similarly when tuned right, but that doesn't seem to be the case, unfortunately. I have the same frustrations as you, although I'm starting to understand it a little more each race.

I won't push you guys to race if you're not enjoying it, but if you see a track you like coming up and want to give it another go, feel free to jump back in. Thanks again for the feedback. I think it's a safe bet that we'll be driving something else next season. 

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
I'm late, but answering anyway.

1) This car is as far from being complementary to my driving style as it is possible to get, but I don't hate it. In certain circumstances it can be fun, and it's teaching me about carrying speed and throttle control. The understeer does get really frustrating. For me it's not knowing if the front end will bite on entry or not. Sometimes it'll hook up and carve right to the apex, but go just a little bit faster and it's like someone disconnected the steering rack. That makes me question my braking and turn-in points, and then it takes me forever to get on the right track. I suggested this thing, and I'll see it through, but it'll be nice to get back in a proper race car next season.

2) Maybe my friend's C6 Vette? I didn't get a chance to do a high speed run, but he let me rip it around some mountain roads in upstate NY. For the money, I really don't think you can do better for a sports car. The car I've driven fastest was my STi. 155+ MPH (speedo was buried) and 140 mph with snow falling at night one time. It was like going light speed in Star Wars!

3) I was there. You know where this car would be fun? Long Beach. They need to finish that track.

Mark Phile

Premium Member
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
I think the TCR is fine, and everyone should embrace the challenges it provides. The track selections are based on a group of organizers and management, and i feel it gives us a chance to race different places and try to jump out of our comfort zone. If your the person that only races certain tracks and will only drive certain cars then your limiting yourself in IRacing, and hey that might be exactly what ya want? I would ask that you guys come on back and see it through, you might just have fun battling mid or rear pack like i do. Ive never won a league race, but that dont stop me from trying to get better at this !

As for next season we can only hope we get another shot, and based upon last season finishing attendance and already this season's attendance we have questions to answer for sure. Maybe its time to bite the bullet and pic the most popular stuff out there, and follow an official schedule, see what the future holds?

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
I know it will never happen.
I would love to run an open set GT3 series.
I expected business to slow down for the winter so I could put more sim time in.
No such luck with the warm winter we've had so far.
So I have to put what little time I have trying to keep up with the GTE.
You want people to stick around, you might have to think about what I suggested with the tracks.

Mark Phile

Premium Member
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
Gary Schilling said:
I know it will never happen.
I would love to run an open set GT3 series.
I expected business to slow down for the winter so I could put more sim time in.
No such luck with the warm winter we've had so far.
So I have to put what little time I have trying to keep up with the GTE.
You want people to stick around, you might have to think about what I suggested with the tracks.

Garry I could offer free booze to ease the pain and they would still not show up 🤣

And we still have a button box give away!

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
For what it’s worth i really enjoy driving this car. That being said, it IS tough switching between the TCR and the F3. So splitting my time between the two isn’t giving me enough practice in either to improve.

Considering the attendance this season and last i think we’d be lucky to get another season out of PRL. Which is a shame because i really enjoy the company. But i we are lucky enough to get another chance, a GT3 league would probably be a good idea. Then again....there’s always the skippy 😁. Anyone????

Carsten Quint

Premium Member
Name
Carsten Quint
iRacing ID
Sorry for missing this week guys. Had a power outage at home. I do like the car though, no issues with that. I find that you have to be gentle with the throttle and delay getting on power until your almost through the turn. Doing that the tires seem to hold up much longer in the race too. Talking about next season maybe the GT4 if its released in time?