Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 3: Nürburgring Grand Prix Strecke - GP (Apr 8)

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Deleted Iowa folder, even tried the set they provided. I am hoping it was more an internet issue. Will try again this weekend.

barryf1fan

Premium Member
Full Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
TylerScuralli

Hey Tyler, I'm really sorry for bumping you right there at the start. I lost my head right then... the lights went green and I just went. I figured everyone would go, but I jumped onboard (while I was in the pits taking repairs) with you to watch the replay and I realized that you were just backing off the start...

I wasn't expecting that, but still my fault as I was behind. The guy that hit me in the back and knocked me off track is the guy that ended up coming back across track and smashing into you once you got back going. I think we both would have got away with MY mistake had the guy behind me not drove through me when the race went green. Ugh!!

Anyway, just wanted to apologize about that initial bump at the green.

TylerScuralli

Premium Member
Full Name
Tyler Scuralli
iRacing ID
TylerScuralli

Hey Tyler, I'm really sorry for bumping you right there at the start. I lost my head right then... the lights went green and I just went. I figured everyone would go, but I jumped onboard (while I was in the pits taking repairs) with you to watch the replay and I realized that you were just backing off the start...

I wasn't expecting that, but still my fault as I was behind. The guy that hit me in the back and knocked me off track is the guy that ended up coming back across track and smashing into you once you got back going. I think we both would have got away with MY mistake had the guy behind me not drove through me when the race went green. Ugh!!

Anyway, just wanted to apologize about that initial bump at the green. I’m

hey man!
No worries at all it happens, thanks for reaching out, was still a fun race after that. I hope you had a good race to.

see you next week!

Threefiver

Premium Member
Full Name
Dave Peterson
iRacing ID
Kaven Norris,

Couple things here....

1) My apologies if I was misunderstood when I said "Nice job" after our deal at the last chicane. You pushed it up in there and I was afraid we were going to crash so it pushed me wide and I missed the right-hander which resulted in a slow-down for me. It was poor timing on my part to say that when i did and my inflection of tone may have been misleading. I couldn't tell if you messed up your line or were moving over to let me back by in the arena section. It didn't matter because you were certainly a bit faster than me at that point which is why I finally just let you back past me. Either way, it was ill-timing on my part.....I do hate a dive bomb but you did a nice job of throwing me off on my corner entry which is how it should be done instead of just driving through someone.

2) That was some great racing and a shame they missed it on the broadcast...makes me wish I had been streaming it to go back and watch it. That was a hell of a battle for 2nd in AM division (at least from my seat) and I really hated that you looped it in T1...that was setting up to be an epic battle for 2nd place on the last lap.

I know the people watching the broadcast want to just see the top guys and there is no way to really cover it all, and that was some great battling among the leaders through the race....but there was some damn good and tight racing through the pack during that race. There was quite a bit of time (it seemed) that Brett Barrett, Takeshi, Kaven, Christopher Richards and myself (maybe more...wasn't much time to look at the Relative) were all racing under the same blanket.

brettclutch

Premium Member
Full Name
Brett Barrett
iRacing ID
Yea that was some fun racing, I'm shooting myself in foot for several mistakes during that race. I believe the 2nd place AM finish was mine to grasp and choked up with a slow down on the last lap under pressure from Takeshi. Respectful racing though from everyone in that group, it was super fun.

Racing in the AM group is strange since during the race I had no idea I was fighting for a podium. Probably was better off that way but you never know how your really doing when you're marked as 18th :). Still trying to figure that part out. See you'll next week.

Threefiver

Premium Member
Full Name
Dave Peterson
iRacing ID
Yep...lol. I didn't know I was second until after the race when my teammate told me. I was just racing my a$$ off trying to catch Kaven before the race ended...didn't know it was for a podium.

You and I had a good fight as well early on and then later i think....as I said, it was hard to keep up with the Relative but I knew we were all right there together.

Kaynor

Premium Member
Full Name
Kaven Norris
iRacing ID
Kaven Norris,

Couple things here....

1) My apologies if I was misunderstood when I said "Nice job" after our deal at the last chicane. You pushed it up in there and I was afraid we were going to crash so it pushed me wide and I missed the right-hander which resulted in a slow-down for me. It was poor timing on my part to say that when i did and my inflection of tone may have been misleading. I couldn't tell if you messed up your line or were moving over to let me back by in the arena section. It didn't matter because you were certainly a bit faster than me at that point which is why I finally just let you back past me. Either way, it was ill-timing on my part.....I do hate a dive bomb but you did a nice job of throwing me off on my corner entry which is how it should be done instead of just driving through someone.

2) That was some great racing and a shame they missed it on the broadcast...makes me wish I had been streaming it to go back and watch it. That was a hell of a battle for 2nd in AM division (at least from my seat) and I really hated that you looped it in T1...that was setting up to be an epic battle for 2nd place on the last lap.

I know the people watching the broadcast want to just see the top guys and there is no way to really cover it all, and that was some great battling among the leaders through the race....but there was some damn good and tight racing through the pack during that race. There was quite a bit of time (it seemed) that Brett Barrett, Takeshi, Kaven, Christopher Richards and myself (maybe more...wasn't much time to look at the Relative) were all racing under the same blanket.
It was a very fun race !! I am disappointed about the podium that I lost on the last lap but hey.... its racing 😋 maybe the pressure was too hard ... you did a good job haha

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
All you have to delete is the -Current- file in the indypropm18 setup folder

View attachment 1074
That was the first file I deleted, then Iowa folder, then tried the given setup fix. Just tried again with different car and track in test drive with same issue. Loads then crashes out to main screen, try test drive again and get time out message.

dan

crich88848

Premium Member
Full Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
My apologies to whoever I got there on the last lap. I was pushing hard fighting for it and just braked a little too late. Lost my front wing and dropped back a few positions. Was a good race, just wish I could've hung on there at the end.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
That was the first file I deleted, then Iowa folder, then tried the given setup fix. Just tried again with different car and track in test drive with same issue. Loads then crashes out to main screen, try test drive again and get time out message.

dan
bonaduce
when you load up a test session, make sure that car damage is turned off. That was the thing that tripped me up.