Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Round 3: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Full Course (05 Jul)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
 ​
Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Time of day: Morning
Race Length: 30 minutes
Max Incidents: 30
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 1

kylekammer

CajunGrit said:
Track Walkthrough:

https://youtu.be/7uL5dTaerqc

I'm sad we aren't doing the chicane in the keyhole...one of my favorite things in real life. In the video, his line is off a bit in the keyhole and the carousel. There are several different lines through the esses, the one he's showing is one way of doing it...you need to learn all 3 lines if you want to be fast in changing conditions. He could also pick up a little time by running tighter in the kink on the back stretch. If I catch you in the practice sessions I can show you. Default Weather, Morning, 20% track state...I'm running 1:34.9...try to get your ride height as low as possible in the rear to get the rear wing out of the air...I can share setup with people in practice sessions...I think I'm running 17.4psi every tire, +5 on both front perches, 1 rear ARB. I only ran 10 laps so this might not be the best setup, but you should be able to beat his time in the video. Look at Last Hot Tire pressures after a 5 lap run and it should tell you if you need to add more air to front tires. feel of the car should tell you how to adjust rear ARB. I might not be able to race Thursday...but I should be in the practice sessions either Tuesday or Wednesday.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
kylekammer said:
CajunGrit said:
Track Walkthrough:

I'm sad we aren't doing the chicane in the keyhole...one of my favorite things in real life. In the video, his line is off a bit in the keyhole and the carousel. There are several different lines through the esses, the one he's showing is one way of doing it...you need to learn all 3 lines if you want to be fast in changing conditions. He could also pick up a little time by running tighter in the kink on the back stretch. If I catch you in the practice sessions I can show you. Default Weather, Morning, 20% track state...I'm running 1:34.9...try to get your ride height as low as possible in the rear to get the rear wing out of the air...I can share setup with people in practice sessions...I think I'm running 17.4psi every tire, +5 on both front perches, 1 rear ARB. I only ran 10 laps so this might not be the best setup, but you should be able to beat his time in the video. Look at Last Hot Tire pressures after a 5 lap run and it should tell you if you need to add more air to front tires. feel of the car should tell you how to adjust rear ARB. I might not be able to race Thursday...but I should be in the practice sessions either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Careful Kyle...I’ll steal all your good moves and use them against you in the race lol 😂 

Gonna test out that setup now. Currently running at 1:38’s 🤷🏻‍♂️

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Full Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
I am more than likely going to get on tonight late evening to do practice then plan to run atleast 1 official race. I will be on teamspeak if anyone would like to join.

TRG

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Quite a few guys missing tonight... So I'll keep it short....

Pre-Race Interview
Driving a downforce based car versus a mechanical grip based car requires very different styles and approaches. Which do you prefer and why?

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Well i don’t know nothin about no aerodynamics....but i do know it’s a beautiful day out here at Mid-O! I’m fresh off a bottom split podium and feeling racy with this new setup i got from mashing Fahim and Kyle’s setup together with a super stiff roll bar. If i can keep the car under me for the entire race...and if i can manage to avoid contact with Tyler...i think a top ten is looking possible today. We’ll be missing our buddy Chris today, he brings in most of our team points. But I along with all the good folks in the garage at White Flag Racing sure hope he’s having fun on the beach and not gettin rained on. But, you know, all is not lost. We may have a friend or two over at Cash for Crash Racing that might be willing to give us a tow if the opportunity presents itself.

Listen, I’d love to stay here and chat all day but we’ve got a race to get ready for. I’ll see you guys at the finish line!

crich88848

Premium Member
Full Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
Have fun tonight guys. Wish I could say sorry I can't be there, but honestly theres no place I'd rather be right now than on this beach. No worries, Paul is going down next week.

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
crich88848 said:
Have fun tonight guys. Wish I could say sorry I can't be there, but honestly theres no place I'd rather be right now than on this beach. No worries, Paul is going down next week.

You say you are at the beach, but judging by your ability to know what thread you are posting in I think you might be in a parking lot with some sand in your shoes!  :lol: 

Haha have a good one, and don't worry, if no-one can beat Paul, he won't finish...   I'm on it! 

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Driving a downforce based car versus a mechanical grip based car requires very different styles and approaches. Which do you prefer and why?[/font]

Well I cut my teeth driving the pro Mazda, so my style suits a downforce car. I like the idea of chucking it into a corner, knowing it will stick....mostly!  Very rewarding and punishing at the same time. I kinda miss driving it honestly, but if I try to drive both it just creates bad habits for me in the Skippy.  I feel like I am starting to learn the mechanical grip way of life better, but there is still miles to go to reach some of you guys. 

All in all I'm here for the league and people, not what car we drive. I would race the legends dirt car around the Daytona oval with you guys! 

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Gunner said:
crich88848 said:

You say you are at the beach, but judging by your ability to know what thread you are posting in I think you might be in a parking lot with some sand in your shoes!  :lol: 

Haha have a good one, and don't worry, if no-one can beat Paul, he won't finish...   I'm on it! 

Chris you look like my aunt using facebook!  hahaha  :lol:

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
CajunGrit said:
Track Walkthrough:

I can't use the baking point of this video... I don't know how he's doing! I'm braking much earlier and my lap time are near the same then him!

crich88848

Premium Member
Full Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
Yes, that was really bad. Every button I hit was the wrong one. Oh well, a little alcohol, mixed with a whole lot of sun and ocean breeze, combined with a cell phone is apparently to much for me. Somebody take the man's phone away from him.