Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Round 3: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Full Course (04 Oct)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
 ​
Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Time of day: Morning
Race Length: 30 minutes
Max Incidents: 30
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 1

Pre-Race Interview
1. We are at Mid-Ohio this week. What are your keys to success around this track?
2. The hot conditions last week caused some havoc with the engines - what strategy will you employ to avoid an engine failure this week?
3. 2 Rounds in, are you meeting your expectations so far?

MattMiles44

Purchased the track and spent a few laps on it. Good old Mid-O!

I was using VRS and Kronke's comparison lap is a 1:35, that's with the "new" car and default weather in the morning. I imagine 1:35's is where the fast guys pace will be at. I'm able to run 1:37's ATM (and I've been midpack so far this season). This track seems perfect for Skippy's, its got draft areas and super fun off-camber hilly corners! should be a blast, see you guys on the 4th!

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Running with default morning weather, gave me a track temp of 30C (86F)  I bumbled around until I got a 1:36.618.  Lap files here.  Fast folk will easily be low 1:35's probably even in the 1:34's by my guess ( I figure I am generally 2 sec off top pace) certainly lower if it is a cooler day when we race.

I am leaving time on the table, just need to get more comfortable and get it.  Definitely trail braking more than I used to in order to get the car to rotate more (T2, 4 and 11 most notably).  Led to a lot of spins at first, but seems more under control now.  I really see now how this can gain you a lot of time, but it takes a lot of car control to do it aggressively.  If I never get there, it is probably my G27 that is the issue.  Not me.  Right?  Yeah, definitely not me.....

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Not going to say I will be a contender here, but I did just get my first win with skippy at okayama. So fare warning to those in the front, I'm on a winning streak, and winning is like coke, needs me some more. Just kidding I'll be running around the back making drinks for those that want to be at the party.

dan

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
bonaduce said:
Not going to say I will be a contender here, but I did just get my first win with skippy at okayama.  So fare warning to those in the front, I'm on a winning streak, and winning is like coke, needs me some more.  Just kidding I'll be running around the back making drinks for those that want to be at the party.

dan
Congrats on the first win!!!

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Full Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
1. We are at Mid-Ohio this week. What are your keys to success around this track?
Um... go fast and turn left, and right. And no brakes into the key hole on lap 1.

2. The hot conditions last week caused some havoc with the engines - what strategy will you employ to avoid an engine failure this week?
Get the lead and stay there lol... I believe this track doesnt have as much drafting locations so stepping out from behind a car is not as penalizing so I do not see having much of an issue as long as we dont stay tucked right behind each other.

NOPE!

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. We are at Mid-Ohio this week. What are your keys to success around this track?[/font]
    For me, maintaining speed thru 1, 9, and 11.  I tend to overdrive them, then get nervous and brake way to much

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. The hot conditions last week caused some havoc with the engines - what strategy will you employ to avoid an engine failure this week?[/font]
   None, don't think I have ever had an engine failure, just jinxed myself, probably blow an engine in the pits now.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. 2 Rounds in, are you meeting your expectations so far?[/font]
yes and no, yes in the fact that I haven't had to drop out of a race, no in the fact I haven't actually "raced" anyone yet

dan

mclachlanol

Organizer
Full Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
1. I'm just going to try and be consistent. I have never been fast here so I don't think I'll be too competitive, but as long as I keep it off the grass I should be ok.

2. I'm not sure what I did to cause the blown engine in the first place. Reading the forums it looks like that track had a history of destroying engines, hopefully this track will be better.

3. First week was great, last week sucked. Hopefully that will be my drop week and the rest will be good 

crich88848

Premium Member
Full Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
Honestly, it's race day and I haven't even put a single lap in on this track. Been way too busy and have never raced here before. Expectations are pretty low for this round.

Definitely going to be more aware of temps and breaking the draft more often. Last week hurt.

Well, racecraft has improved tenfold this season. I've had some bad luck the last 2 races with being taken out round 1 and a blown engine round 2. But, I am definitely a top 10 contender if I can manage to get some luck on my side.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview

I apologize, but i seem to have left the keys to success at this track back at the paddock. I got in a few laps in the Monday night hosted session, then my son got tonsillitis and has been camped out at the computer playing fortnite ever since. So expect me to be slow in the turns...so don’t hit me!

Ohhhh man, i feel those guys’ pain. I managed to make it through last week without blowing an engine, but i blew one last season and it’s a bad feeling. After that race i re-evaluated the way i brake and downshift and come out of the experience with a totally new driving style. I rely a lot less on engine braking now (which i didn’t even realize i was doing before), and I’m just generally more aware of how much I’m “pushing” the engine.

I think I’m doing about as well as i could hope for. Still haven’t pulled together a solid race yet, but I’m ahead of Tyler and that’s all that counts. I’m hoping he hasn’t gotten in any practice either so we’ll be on level ground.

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Hard to say as I have race there only one time and it was last season. I'm still learning the track! I will try to stay out of trouble like last week!

I didn't have problem with this last week as I was less in the draft than other drivers. If my spotter is informing me that my oil temp is high, I will shift earlier :)

My expectation was to get a Top 5, now that I've achieved that, let's try to get a podium!

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview
Try and keep it clean! I am wary of a self spin. I have been experimenting with more aggressive trail braking to help rotate the car, but sometimes I overcook it. Want to keep it clean and steady and finish without incident. 

I KNEW IT WOULD I SAID SO! Haha, I got through ok thanks to my spotter warning me on oil temp. I was aware the skippy was prone to popping engines at okayama, so took it easy on it. This week in the cooler weather I'm going to work that engine like a rented mule. 

Nope. Not even a bit haha.  My goals may have been too lofty, but I have had incidents in the first 2 races. That's what happens with close racing sometimes, so just gonna do my best to stay out of trouble and finish ahead of Paul.  If Owen could blow another engine that would be great too, I need the help  :D

crich88848

Premium Member
Full Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
Sorry for the rage quit boys. First time ever for me. Just pretty upset that third race in a row. I don't believe the incident was my fault, although I didn't even review the replay. But, I definitely feel I could have avoided it. At the end, I just felt I was too far behind to catch up and I was going to become lapped traffic pretty quickly and decided it was better for me to just drop out to stay out of the leaders way.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
crich88848 said:
Sorry for the rage quit boys. First time ever for me. Just pretty upset that third race in a row. I don't believe the incident was my fault, although I didn't even review the replay. But, I definitely feel I could have avoided it. At the end, I just felt I was too far behind to catch up and I was going to become lapped traffic pretty quickly and decided it was better for me to just drop out to stay out of the leaders way.

I saw the replay. I think at heart it was just a   racing incident.  Basically he edged ahead of you through a little left hander and just barely clipped your front left and destroyed your suspension.  Hang in there buddy, the bad luck can’t last forever. If it’s any consolation, i battled the same guy the last half of the race and came out on top.