Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 3: Martinsville Speedway (Apr 11)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Martinsville.png

Race Length: 225 laps
Max Incidents: 24
Fuel Limit: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Hootius

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Hope everyone had a fun Easter Weekend off and is ready to put in the work for Martinsville! Gonna need some long green flag runs to get the laps in, so make sure we all come prepared.

matloc28

Premium Member
Full Name
Matt Long
iRacing ID
Agreed! Hoping we let it get strung out a bit. A Open has been a mess - at least tonight was better than last night.

That said, is there a time limit here as well?

codahex

Organizer
Full Name
Nicholas Hunter2
iRacing ID
Agreed! Hoping we let it get strung out a bit. A Open has been a mess - at least tonight was better than last night.

That said, is there a time limit here as well?
Each Cup race usually has a time limit of 90min.

DEvans51

Premium Member
Full Name
Doug Evans
iRacing ID
No if people learn how to look out of there windshield and not mow me over for 2nd spot and then spend the rest of the race running into every1 else we may be ok or hopefully the penalty system does its job and a few of you will park it for the next race.

Race with respect win with Honor.
Just blame netcode. Perfect defense for any situation.

codahex

Organizer
Full Name
Nicholas Hunter2
iRacing ID
Instead of in-fighting and arguing over bragging rights, how about you help your fellow racer(s)? It's not hard to give pointers or suggestions rather than being toxic.
Accidents happen, mistakes will be made, but try to keep the aggression off the board and either keep it to yourself or talk it out in PMs. Last time I checked, we're all trying to have a good time.
I don't want to see anyone volunteering to leave.

Junkyardspecial

Premium Member
Full Name
Jaymes Peter O'Brien
iRacing ID
Instead of in-fighting and arguing over bragging rights, how about you help your fellow racer(s)? It's not hard to give pointers or suggestions rather than being toxic.
Accidents happen, mistakes will be made, but try to keep the aggression off the board and either keep it to yourself or talk it out in PMs. Last time I checked, we're all trying to have a good time.
It also helps that there was already an apology, not much can be done about it now.

Last edited:

Hootius

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Speaking of respect, if anyone has an issue with another driver, you handle it personally in a PM. My forums will be respected and needless drama and flaming will not be tolerated here. I don't expect everyone to be friends here, but there is a level of respect that must be maintained in these forums and in the voice chat of the races. Do not force my hand. That is all that needs to be said is this is the only warning being given to everyone.

Joshuadaniels

Premium Member
Full Name
Joshua Daniels
iRacing ID
You know I put alot of thought into what you sed here and i do feel i have something to offer in this manner. I really pride myself in my abilities to have a clean race anyone who reads this enemy or not will agree with this fact. Its not just luck or because i have super good reflexes its because iv put in alot i mean alot of time doing open races. on top of i run atleast 300 laps a day just for practice mainly because i have a huge problem with embarrassing myself on the track and GSRC drives this worry even harder. And iv picked up a few tendencies that make me feel more comfortable in traffic and alows me to push the car to its abilities while staying out of trouble. If i could explain this in forum text i would but its something that needs to be explained in person in a live session. For free because of my love for racing i will host a session at 5:30 est time Sunday if i get atleast one PM about anyone being interested in what i have to say. After iv explained everything i will also offer setup help to anyone who needs help in the form of stability and drivability.

Lets give our fans a good show, seeing yellow for them is a waist of time. Lets try our very best, And together we will watch them grow.

John War

Premium Member
Full Name
Joao Guerra
iRacing ID
You know I put alot of thought into what you sed here and i do feel i have something to offer in this manner. I really pride myself in my abilities to have a clean race anyone who reads this enemy or not will agree with this fact. Its not just luck or because i have super good reflexes its because iv put in alot i mean alot of time doing open races. on top of i run atleast 300 laps a day just for practice mainly because i have a huge problem with embarrassing myself on the track and GSRC drives this worry even harder. And iv picked up a few tendencies that make me feel more comfortable in traffic and alows me to push the car to its abilities while staying out of trouble. If i could explain this in forum text i would but its something that needs to be explained in person in a live session. For free because of my love for racing i will host a session at 5:30 est time Sunday if i get atleast one PM about anyone being interested in what i have to say. After iv explained everything i will also offer setup help to anyone who needs help in the form of stability and drivability.

Lets give our fans a good show, seeing yellow for them is a waist of time. Lets try our very best, And together we will watch them grow.
As fairly newcomer to oval racing, shifter kart background , I would definitely be interested in getting some oval racing tips, especially short track ovals where I have close to zero experience.

Kemosobie03

Premium Member
Full Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
I think that was me that hit you when you were coming up through the field after getting tires Jaymes. You just make me so nervous when you pass me, don't know why, but you do. Sorry about that though.

Junkyardspecial

Premium Member
Full Name
Jaymes Peter O'Brien
iRacing ID
I think that was me that hit you when you were coming up through the field after getting tires Jaymes. You just make me so nervous when you pass me, don't know why, but you do. Sorry about that though.
Hey man I dont think you did, if you did hit me I didnt notice and I will try to not scare you as much somehow.

John War

Premium Member
Full Name
Joao Guerra
iRacing ID
Since I was hit several times from behind perhaps he was me.
Indiana I got disqualified for too many incident points.
If it was you no big deal.
This was my first short track race ever.