Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 3: Lime Rock Park - Grand Prix (October 05)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
LimeRockGP.png

Race Time of day: 2021-10-02 13:45 1x
Race Length: 35 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 13x, DSQ at 17x
Max Fuel: 40%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Last edited by a moderator:

b_glover93

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Baron Glover
iRacing ID
There is a practice session up for Monday night 7-11pm. Limerock is one of the tracks I actually raced during my SCCA days, (before they added that awful chicane), so its kind of dear to my heart. I wish everyone could experience the downhill firsthand. It feels kind of like jumping off a cliff at first until you realize the car can actually make it. Good luck all šŸ˜€

Kemosobie03

Premium Member
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S2
Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
Downhill? I thought it went uphill. Did SCCA run the track backwards, or am I thinking of a different section of the track?

b_glover93

Premium Member
Name
Baron Glover
iRacing ID
Downhill? I thought it went uphill. Did SCCA run the track backwards, or am I thinking of a different section of the track?
The Uphill was replaced by those bogus chicanes. The Downhill is the last turn onto the main straight. Its G-force city.

Spinn

Premium Member
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Spencer Semkowich
iRacing ID
Ok you slackers, 2 races in and I'm undefeated in the Pit Stop & Disconnect Cup! If one of you doesn't step up here, my lead may become insurmountable...

So, last week I completely reinstalled Windows from scratch (wiped the old, not just Windows Repair). All I have installed on my machine now are the items needed to run iRacing. Going to reset the modem tonight.

Last night I got everything working again, and joined an official Ferrari Fixed. Was running VRS telemetry, VRS setups tool, simhub, crew chief, iFlag and Trading Paints. Loaded into practice just fine. Tried to load into the race, and the machine crashed - not just to desktop, but actually rebooted itself.

Comes back up, open all the above again, try to load race, and thing - crash to reboot.

When it came back up, this time I just opened crew chief. Got into the race fine, no crashes at all.

I've been seeing reports in forums that Trading Paints may be buggy, anyone else having issues?

b_glover93

Premium Member
Name
Baron Glover
iRacing ID
I run simhub, racelab, crew chief anf TP every race without issue. I have noticed that TP really seems to labor in its loading of skins, takes way longer than it used to but have no had any crash issues. Are you opening races from UI?

b_glover93

Premium Member
Name
Baron Glover
iRacing ID
Practice session will start at 7:15pm est. or so. Technical issues

Spinn

Premium Member
Name
Spencer Semkowich
iRacing ID
I run simhub, racelab, crew chief anf TP every race without issue. I have noticed that TP really seems to labor in its loading of skins, takes way longer than it used to but have no had any crash issues. Are you opening races from UI?
Yup, the UI, not the web site. What's really confusing me is practice sessions are fine, just getting into the actual race.

b_glover93

Premium Member
Name
Baron Glover
iRacing ID
Yup, the UI, not the web site. What's really confusing me is practice sessions are fine, just getting into the actual race.
I dont know what the issue would be. Your still loading the same files. Have you tried opening the race first and then the addons?

Kemosobie03

Premium Member
Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
That sounds like the problem I had before I rebuilt my computer. Might need a new power supply

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
I'd be trying the same thing but removing one add-on at a time... Starting with iflag. Perhaps a trip through windows event viewer?

Kemosobie03

Premium Member
Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
The Uphill was replaced by those bogus chicanes. The Downhill is the last turn onto the main straight. Its G-force city.
I did a little bit of practice this morning and I have to agree with you on the chicane, I like the Legacy version more lol. It didn't take long to figure out how to get through the chicanes, but that area takes away one of the best overtake spots on the track.

b_glover93

Premium Member
Name
Baron Glover
iRacing ID
I did a little bit of practice this morning and I have to agree with you on the chicane, I like the Legacy version more lol. It didn't take long to figure out how to get through the chicanes, but that area takes away one of the best overtake spots on the track.
Added Chicanes and paved runoffs have destroyed so many great circuits IMO

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
I went to an American Le Mans series race there many years ago (before the chicane) and one of the Mazda LMP3 cars lost it going up over the hill. The car ended up over the barrier in the woods.

Peter Lee7

Premium Member
Name
Peter Lee
iRacing ID
Ok you slackers, 2 races in and I'm undefeated in the Pit Stop & Disconnect Cup! If one of you doesn't step up here, my lead may become insurmountable...

So, last week I completely reinstalled Windows from scratch (wiped the old, not just Windows Repair). All I have installed on my machine now are the items needed to run iRacing. Going to reset the modem tonight.

Last night I got everything working again, and joined an official Ferrari Fixed. Was running VRS telemetry, VRS setups tool, simhub, crew chief, iFlag and Trading Paints. Loaded into practice just fine. Tried to load into the race, and the machine crashed - not just to desktop, but actually rebooted itself.

Comes back up, open all the above again, try to load race, and thing - crash to reboot.

When it came back up, this time I just opened crew chief. Got into the race fine, no crashes at all.

I've been seeing reports in forums that Trading Paints may be buggy, anyone else having issues?
Hi Spinn.

My system crashed during last week's race at Red Bull Ring. I tried to reconnect after rebooting, but kept getting bounced due to packet loss, even though the network monitor was showing very low ping times and high throughput. I gave up. The next day I turned up the water flow on the CPU cooler and also cleared out the setups file in iRacing for the Evo. I jumped into a 45-minute hosted race at Road Atlanta in the Evo, and also did a race-distance practice session in LRP. All seems good so far so crossing my fingers for tonight.

I'm not sure if clearing out the settings or just increasing the CPU cooling is fixing things, but you might look into either or both of those things.

Kemosobie03

Premium Member
Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
Does having to drop out due to multiple router hack attempts that caused my network to crash and finishing 33rd during Sunday's Cup Series race count, and while in the year long playoffs

b_glover93

Premium Member
Name
Baron Glover
iRacing ID
That sounds like the problem I had before I rebuilt my computer. Might need a new power supply
That's good idea. Adequate power supply corrects many issues that you wouldn't think were connected to it. I was having mid-race iR crashes and it turned out upgrading to an 1000w power supply and plugging PC directly into the wall outlet instead of into a battery backup unit solved it. If CPU and/or GPU isnt getting enough clean power it can cause loading / crashing issues. Underpowered runs hotter i think.

RGro55

Premium Member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Randy Gross
iRacing ID
Those chicanes were placed there by the Devil! šŸ¤¬
I wondered what happened, because you pitted before I did and then you just disappeared.

I have got to do a better job on pit strategy. I stayed out a lap too late.