Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 3: Las Vegas Motor Speedway / Afternoon - Oval (Apr 30)

PRL-Sammy H

Premium Member

Race Length: 125 Laps
Start Type: Rolling
Fuel Amount: 60%
Track State: 25%
Clean Marbles: No
Weather: iRacing Dynamic Weather
Time of Day: Afternoon

Round 3 Las Vegas Race Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgPtnJyT7s4

Pre-Race Interview
1. Are you satisfied with your results so far this season?
2. What's your thoughts on Dale Jr.'s retirement announcement? 
3. Do you think Carl Edwards stepping away had anything to do with Jr.'s decision?

Thanks to Mike Taylor for sponsoring this weeks race.

I'm a bit disappointed with the incidents I've been involved in. Daytona I know I could have been up there at the end, I'm awesome at plate tracks. Phoenix, well, I am terrible there with the A car on the old circut, so I wasn't expecting much with the B cars but I was pleased with my results. I feel like these decent finishes will keep rolling in and maybe I can score a few top 5's.
We all knew it was coming, especially with the high profile drivers stepping down these last few years. I am surprised though he didn't do what Smoke did, and do one more season for the fans and just have fun. I think that would have helped the sport transition on without Jr.
3. Do you think Carl Edwards stepping away had anything to do with Jr.'s decision?
No, I think this was Jr's decision on his own. If anything, I think the few concussions he's had played a big role in that decision.

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Daytona, no with a Quali time that gave me P2 on the grid, I would have hoped to finish in the top 5. Phoenix, yes I was very happy with my result as I avoided all the wreck and get a better result that where I started :)

Who's that guy!? I'm not following Nascar!! :p

Hey, stop asking question from Nascar!! I said I'm not following it! :p :p  I know that Carl Edwards was a good road driver though. I was running in the front of the field when Nascar used to race at Montreal.

RangerPhenix

Premium Member
1. I am confident with my finishing results so far, but I'd like to break into the top 3 soon and continue to compete for top 5.
2. Saddening as he's my favorite driver but I understand the decision. I really think he should do what Michael Waltrip did and only run superspeedways for a couple more years.
3. I'm sure it played a role in his decision, I know he's talked about wanting kids and what not.

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
Hi,

- Not at all, got weck at Daytona, and missed last week race cause of sickness. What could go wrong now.....

- He suffered a big commotion last year and I think that he take the right decision for his health. His team as been struggle for to many years and seem that all Hendrick's racing team efforts are on the 48 and 24....is that new?????

- No, Edwards did not had big commotions issues like Jr.

MikeTaylor

Pre-Race Interview
Nope. Had an internet issue then crashed coming out of 2 coming back up to speed at daytona, then got wrecked on a restart while 4th at Phoenix then it just wouldn't go.
I'm looking forward to Las Vegas as I performed well in the NIS series a couple weeks ago.

Its about time. I never liked him. I'm going to leave it at this.

Not a chance. Jr has to take into consideration the concussions he's had and the effects in the long run. Racing is a dangerous sport.

Ps. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to sponsor. 

Eric Roberts

Premium Member
Well caught up in wrecks so, no not at all :x hoping Vegas provides a good finish, and the car in one piece. ;)

I think we all saw this coming if not this year next for sure. So it was no surprise to me.

Well if anything it was a model for Dale Jr. to follow. I think it was based more on the 1st few races and how he felt in the car.

Jeffery Ford

Premium Member
Pre-Race Interview

I can't complain. I have a win and a 15th spot. I'd like to get my incidents down though....not satisfied with that. But overall yes.

I didn't think it would come so quickly but its not a complete surprise. He's 42 with a lot of life left. He wants to enjoy it and last year was tough. There is life after Nascar and I think Dale wants to enjoy it. Top notch guy. We will see him in a few Xfinity races next season so its kind of a semiretirement really.

Not at all. I think the plethora of young talent to take his spot had everything to do with it. Theres a few youngsters who will sign this year with different race teams and I think Dale knew he was only going to race a little more so it might be worth retiring now and maybe signing a few of these guys.

Jeffery Ford

Premium Member
Ummmm.  Wife 10 months pregnant. Claiming baby wants to come out today.  So sitting here at the hospital to see if this is the real deal or a false alarm like the last two times.   We shall see.  I may or may not be there tonight. I'm sure Colton is gonna win though!  I'll keep you guys posted.  

Craig Hawkins

Had to send pc back to builder to repair.
It would just cut off and restart randomly ,sometimes it would go weeks and be fine and then it would happen several days in a row so sent it back. Should be back in week and a half

MikeTaylor

Ok well I think I may be stepping away from the league. If it's not one thing its another 3rd dnf of the season to some thing out of our hands. So I guess I may just call it quits. Plus my inc points are getting up there

soupflakes

Premium Member
Another rough one for big d's. Horrible thunderstorms kept knocking the power out. And one point computer got knocked out 5 times before I could get it shit down properly. Just kept restarting and then getting knocked out. Finally gave up as I didn't want to wreck my computer. Felt really pretty good in the long runs so it sucks. But what can you do.