Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 3: Knoxville Raceway (July 7th)

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Knoxville.png

Laps: 10 Lap Heats / 70 Lap Main
Sim Date and Time:
2021-07-10 20:45 1x

**Please remember that you will need a minimum of a Dirt Oval D 2.0 license to participate in this race**

This race is obviously a little different with it being dirt. There will be a 2 lap solo session (only 3 mins instead over the normal 5) to set the Pole that will award the bonus points. Then just like in the real truck race, we will do Heat races to set the Main starting order. There will be no LCQ or roster cuts. There will be a 5 min warmup before the Main to give those in the early Heats a chance to get back in a groove. The Main is set so there will be no need to pit for fuel as we want to avoid green flag stops with this combo.

Our Steward/Penalty structure is in place tonight, so no using the track surface as an excuse to try to get out of causing trouble. We will be human about as we can as this isn't exactly our norm, but it is also our goal to not make this a pace lap fest tonight, so get those practice laps in. For the Heats and Main, the track will refresh to 50% usage.

Last edited:

younga01

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Adam J Young
iRacing ID
6 days to get those D 2.0 Dirt Licenses ladies!

Dirt races in this league are what we make of them. Don't be the one to make it miserable for everyone. Have fun, realize mistakes are gonna happen, and just like the trucks... let things slide.

James Duerr

Premium Member
Name
James J.Duerr
iRacing ID
I don't run much dirt... OK, I don't run any dirt. If something doesn't just click by Tuesday, I'll be sitting this one out. GL gentlemen

Kemosobie03

Premium Member
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S2
Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
I don't run much dirt... OK, I don't run any dirt. If something doesn't just click by Tuesday, I'll be sitting this one out. GL gentlemen
I suggest running the 305 or 360 sprints if you're willing to purchase them (you buy one, you get all 3, 305/360/410). 360's are open setup though, so 305's might be easier. I feel like the 305s are the best dirt car for beginners because they aren't tight like the Street stocks but aren't 100% throttle steer like the 410s or pro late models.

James Duerr

Premium Member
Name
James J.Duerr
iRacing ID
I suggest running the 305 or 360 sprints if you're willing to purchase them (you buy one, you get all 3, 305/360/410). 360's are open setup though, so 305's might be easier. I feel like the 305s are the best dirt car for beginners because they aren't tight like the Street stocks but aren't 100% throttle steer like the 410s or pro late models.

I ran the 305's some just to get the licence where it is. I enjoyed the 305 a little, almost won one from pole. About a half lap short of the checker and run up on the inside berm. Typical Duerr self destruct button! But yeah, those thing are so much easier to drive than the LM, Cup car or Truck. Not a fan of Trucks on dirt.

Kemosobie03

Premium Member
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S2
Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
I ran the 305's some just to get the licence where it is. I enjoyed the 305 a little, almost won one from pole. About a half lap short of the checker and run up on the inside berm. Typical Duerr self destruct button! But yeah, those thing are so much easier to drive than the LM, Cup car or Truck. Not a fan of Trucks on dirt.
At that point, I would say run the 360's then. You'll need to find setups, but they are pretty easy to get for free. Those are much closer to the trucks for handling. I won't say they are the same, because they aren't, but they are much closer to the trucks than anything else dirt related.

kybourbon

Premium Member
Name
Dustin T Smith
iRacing ID
Hootius the family and I are not going to make it back in time from Florida for me to make the race tomorrow. I am sorry for the late notice, but we had originally planned to be back by tomorrow morning.

C.M. Pennington

Premium Member
Name
Charles M. Pennington
iRacing ID
Missed tonight's race due to my rookie status on dirt. But I did watch the live broadcast. It was kinda boring if I'm honest. The trucks just look like a fish out of water out there. Caution after Caution all night long. But congrats to those who did well and see you all at next week.

Bradley Holly

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Bradley Holly
iRacing ID
Hey Esteban sorry for almost turning you I seemed like net code i never got a 0x or any notification saying i hit your rear bumper. i wasnt trying to move you out of the way this is not how i race when i saw you get sideways i dragged to brake to make sure i gave you room to gather it up