Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 3: Imola - GP (15Aug17)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID

Race Settings
Weather Slots: 2 (Clear / Light Cloud)
Weather Progression: Sync to race
Starting Time: 14:00
Time Progression: Real
Laps: 26

Hootius

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
**Pre-Race Interview**
1. We managed to get through a short track and a hurricane without any fist fights or attempted murders. How did you like the start of the season?

2. Next up is Imola in nice, sunny conditions. How do you like this track and where is your confidence at currently?

3. What movie are you most looking forward to that is coming out by the end of 2017?

Klutchion1

1. I think the season has gone off to a good start, had some nice challenges for the first races but every race all the drivers will grow even more so I am super excited.

2. I love Imola. This track is one of my favorites. I have never ran with the Ruf here but I am looking forward to it. I know the Mercedes are normally really good at this track so I am looking forward to running with Porq and Brian.

3. TBH even though I am a teen I don't go to the movies or even pay attention to what movies come out. Sorry Hoot lol

_dray_

Premium Member
To be honest im ok with the start of the season ...it hasnt been the best and the disconnect on lap 2 last week was brutal but i feel i would have done well in that race and cant wait for the next one!

Imola is one of my stronger tracks so im eager for the race!
My confidence is high and growing! with every race and practice i got more comfortable,faster and the best racing lines are really starting to take shape for me!

Star Wars nough said

Hootius

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. We managed to get through a short track and a hurricane without any fist fights or attempted murders. How did you like the start of the season?
I'm the type of sicko who enjoys non traditional races lol I found the first 2 races to be quite unique and entertaining, and got my fill in. I know you can't have a full season of shenanigans, so I had my fun and now I'm ready to put down some heaters and see if I can't sneak out another podium or 2.

2. Next up is Imola in nice, sunny conditions. How do you like this track and where is your confidence at currently?
It's a fun track. Not a big fan of Turns 9/10 as I find it to be the easiest part of the course to lose control of your car. Currently I am still around the times that snagged me a 5th place last season, so I need to still find a little bit more in the RUF to make a podium finish a possibility.

3. What movie are you most looking forward to that is coming out by the end of 2017?
Without a doubt it is the next Star Wars movie. As for #2, the new IT has been getting some nice early reviews, so I'll be keeping an eye out for that one.

porq_chopz

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. We managed to get through a short track and a hurricane without any fist fights or attempted murders. How did you like the start of the season?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]If my engine didn't blow in race #1 this season I would've enjoyed the beginning of the season as I felt I had a car that could compete with the top 7 in race 1. But as it be, I had a blown engine race 1 then had my best finish ever last week. So i'd say this season is about a 65% success for me.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. Next up is Imola in nice, sunny conditions. How do you like this track and where is your confidence at currently?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I'd be lying if I said at first I was excited for this next race. But, after running almost 3 hours of just free practice here, i'm feeling much more comfortable in the car than last season when I was in the McLaren. Hopefully I can capture another great finish.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. What movie are you most looking forward to that is coming out by the end of 2017?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]IT, has been on my list for a while now. That movie freaked the hell out of me as a child and I've been a horror fan ever since. I'm also really looking forward to Wind River and Thor Ragnarok.[/font]

Bubba18

Premium Member
Full Name
Mark Kaelin Jr
iRacing ID
I was very pleased with how the season has started. The lack of drama is great so far lol.

I was fast here last season in a different car hopefully I can stay fast.

Star wars duh

Hootius

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Q: 4th
I am fine with the quali spot, I know that KDawg, Mac and Pitricio all had better speed than me. I just wasn't happy with the lap I put down. I was .7 secs off of what I was practicing leading up to the race.

R: 3rd
Again, incredible happy with the result, especially since it was better than what I deserved. I self spun 3 times, and had a couple offs and time penalties. My only saving grace was that Tspottr had a couple spins too (which once again, some really nice, fun, tight battles between us again this week. Good times!) and Mac had some pretty rough issues himself. I will not dwell on my mistakes, but hopefully I learn from them and bring my A-game next week, because historically Laguna has never been a strong track for me.

porq_chopz

Q:12
R:7
Sadly, I messed up in qualifying and only was able to put in a couple laps and didn't get to put down a lap I actually liked. But I'm ok with it, I'm used to starting near the back anyway. Started out smart and hung back to keep my nose clean and made a few passes due to the cars in front of me making mistakes. I had a really good race going and with the leaders pitting I was up to 2nd place (so weird for me to be up there) and just before I came into the pits I had an awful spin on the last corner and smacked the wall pretty good. Almost took out Pitricio upon my recovery but kept it away from him enough. Pit stop took WAY too long for my liking and had I not had a few corner cuts and spins, I think I could've been battling for 6th place again tonight. But moving up to 7th was great for me. Not sure but that might be hard charger of the race again.

[youtube]A7u7BzSna8Y[/youtube]

Klutchion1

Q:5
R:10

I had a really fast car all night, got of the clutch a little to early on the start and got a jumped start. Went into the pits to serve my penalty and it didn't serve it. Went back in around half way not knowing it didnt serve it I thought I had a screen glitch and then noticed that it served my penalty then. I had to come back in a couple laps later to get tires because I had no RR and my race ended up in 10th place because of a penalty glitch.

Hootius

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
First we had to add reinforced armor on the bumpers and go short tracking! Then we put on the scuba gear to go racing in a monsoon! Finally on Tuesday night, the GT3 crew got to bust out the big guns and go for raw speed!!! What better place to open them up to test the final gear than at Imola!

The battle for the Pole was insanely tight! Tyler McIntosh (MacAttack0922) grabbed his 2nd pole of the year, barely edging out Patricio Campos (Pitricio_Guitar) by a mere .087 seconds. Kyle Spencer (KDawgHonda777) swapped roles around this week and beat out Charles Sumner (Hootius) for the inside of Row 2. Kyle Ely (Rocksson2Kyle) rounded out the Top 5 for qualifying for his best qualifying effort in the PRL ApCS league!

Tyler and Patricio spent no-time battling for the lead. With both drivers being so equal, it did not take long for some mixing up to happen. Patricio got around Tyler early, and as Tyler was trying to make a pass back to take the lead, the first bit of contact happened. Tyler drove a little too hard into Turn 14 on Lap 3 and bumped Patricio into the gravel. As sportsmanship goes in PRL, Tyler waited for Patricio to gather it up, and then continued racing on as we all enjoy seeing. As that was unfolding, the race unfortunately went south for one of our top qualifiers rather quickly. Kyle E. was a little too anxious off of the line, and had to serve a Stop and Go penalty for the infraction. Kyle E. had a fast car to possibly be able to make up for serving 1 penalty like that, however the game had other plans. When Kyle E. went in to serve the penalty, the game gave him a full pit stop instead. Half-way through the when Kyle E. wanted to pit for tires, the game spit him back out off of pit lane to serve his penalty. That required a 3rd stop unfortunately for Kyle E., but he was able to keep it in the Top 10. Back to the front, before the pits stops, we would have another bit of contact that would end up having an impact on the finish of this race. Patricio would get slowed drastically by a lapped car, which opened a window for Tyler to jump on the inside of Turn 8 when Patricio was not expecting. The contact did not spin either driver, but lead to the main deciding factor of the race. Tyler decided to early pit to try to use the fresh tires to get around Patricio when he would pit later, however that early stop put Tyler in traffic which cost him too much time and would give Patricio the room to focus on the track and take the car to victory lane for the 3rd time this season. While all of this was happening, Kyle S. drove a great and consistent race, and would secure 2nd place rather comfortably over 3rd place when Tyler would fall back due to receiving damage trying to overtake a lapped car. Charles and Vince Nadal (TSpottr723) would also get around Tyler during his extra pit stop, and had a war of attrition battling for the final podium spot. Both drivers would have driver error spins and had to battle their own vehicles as much as battling each other, but in the end Charles was able to bring home his 2nd podium in a row. Vince was able to bring home 4th by the slimmest of margins, barely edging out Tyler by .081 secs!!! Another call out of the race goes to our Hard-Charger of the week, Dallas Johnson (Porq_Chopz). Dallas qualified 12th, but ran a smooth race and jumped up 5 positions to bring his Mercedes home in 7th place, great run! Also shout out to Mark Miller (Fifi_LD) and Brian Mosser (BrianMosser88) on their best finishes of this season.

The top 10 finishing order was:
1st – Patricio Campos (Pitricio_Guitar) – 12th career win and a perfect 3 for 3 this Season
2nd – Kyle Spencer (KDawgHonda777) – 3 for 3 on podium finishes this Season
3rd – Charles Sumner (Hootius) – 2nd podium of the Season
4th – Vince Nadal (TSpottr723) – 3rd Top 5 of the Season
5th – Tyler McIntosh (MacAttack0922) – 2nd Top 5 of the Season
6th – Mark Miller (Fifi_LD) – 2nd Top 10 of the Season
7th – Dallas Johnson (Porq_Chopz) – 2nd Top 10 of the Season
8th – Brian Mosser (BrianMosser88) – 1st Top 10 of the Season
9th – Drayton Simpson (Dray_SS_81) – 2nd Top 10 of the Season
10th – Kyle Ely (Rocckson2Kyle) – 2nd Top 10 of the Season

In the Driver’s battle, Patricio Campos (Pitricio_Guitar) added a few more points and now owns an 11 point lead on Kyle Spencer (KDawgHonda777), with Charles Sumner (Hootius) falling to 6 pts behind Kyle S. in 3rd place. The Team battle saw Cromo Ramrod’s (Patricio and Charles) lead jump up to 27 points over Attack Racing (Tyler and Kyle S.). The Team battle for 3rd opened up a little bit after Vin Rin Racing’s (Vince and Mark M.) strong performances at Imola, opening up a 17 point lead over Speed Syndicate (Drayton and Mark K.).

Next week, the crew will be fighting for space at the very fun, but very tight and challenging course at Laguna Seca! Rumor has it too that we might have a special broadcaster for that race.   :D

Hootius’ Twitch handle is OldManHoot. Rocckson2Kyle’s Twitch handle is Klutchion. Bubba18’s Twitch handle is Bubba1889. KDawgHonda777 is also his Twitch handle.

porq_chopz

Awesome recap Hoot! It looks weird seeing my real name written in on these things. But hopefully I can continue to perform so I'll be forced to get used to seeing it in there. Looking forward to Laguna Seca. It's one of my all time favorite tracks.