Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 3: Homestead Miami Speedway - Road Course B (02 Apr)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Homestead Miami Road B.png

Time of day: Afternoon
Practice: 3:34 PM (in-game time)
Qualifying: 6:34 PM (in-game time)
Race: 6:49 PM (in-game time)
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 24
Max Fuel: 55%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview
1) Week 3, Homestead Miami, not one of the most popular circuits of iRacing ... What do you think about it after some practice? Because you did practiced, right?

2) How many official series are you running this season? Do you focus on just one or do you prefer variety?

3) What kind of pilot do you consider yourself ... aggressive who barely sees an opportunity try to take it or strategist

Pre-Race Notes

Welcome to Round 3 of the PRL GTE Sports Car Series here at Homestead-Miami!

We have an exciting race today with 40 cars on this small track. There will be some close racing so please keep that in mind tonight. Car contact here will be inevitable, especially this first lap. Turn one is fast up to the immediate braking point of turn 2 in which there will be a bottleneck of cars. Keep calm and give everyone plenty of room. Blue flags should be respected and the faster driver should be allowed to pass. Be aware that pit lane starts at the beginning of Turn 3 for the Oval and you must use the access road.

Voting has closed for the 60-minute race and it has been decided that Road America will be the course in which we do a full 60-Minutes.

Also, BOP car changes have no ceased and no further changes will be allowed unless iRacing makes an adjustment.

Lastly, be sure to subscribe to each Round’s respective thread on the forum so you do not miss important updates that might pertain to each round. Each week we also do pre-race interview questions that we would like to see answered.

As always, let us have a good and clean race. I’ll take any questions now…

As always, pre-race will be posted in the forum on the original post and in Discord and will be translated into Spanish.

ESPAÑOL

¡Bienvenidos a la 3ra fecha de la serie de autos PRL GTE Sport Car Series aquí en Homestead-Miami!

Hoy tenemos una emocionante carrera con 40 autos en esta pequeña pista. Habrá algunas luchas cerradas, tenganlo en cuenta esta noche. Los contactos aquí pueden ser inevitables, especialmente en la primera vuelta. La curva 1 es rápida con un punto de frenado inmediato de la segunda curva, en el que habrá un cuello de botella para los autos. Mantengan la calma y den a todos espacio suficiente. Las banderas azules deben respetarse y al auto más rápido se le debe permitir pasar de forma segura. Tengan en cuenta que la entrada a pits comienza al principio de la curva 3 del óvalo y que debe usar la pista de acceso.

La votación se ha cerrado para la carrera de 60 minutos y se ha decidido que Road America será el circuito para esa carrera.

Además, los cambios por el BOP han concluido y no se permitirán nuevos cambios a menos que iRacing realice un nuevo ajuste.

Por último, asegúrese de suscribirse al hilo respectivo de cada semana en el foro para que no se pierdan las actualizaciones importantes que puedan informarse en cada fecha. Cada semana hacemos preguntas en la entrevista previa a la carrera que nos gustaría que respondieran!

Como siempre, tengamos una buena y limpia carrera.

Como siempre, la previa a la carrera se publicará en el foro en la publicación original y en Discord y se traducirá al español.

Hotwir3

Name
Tyler DeZubay
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1) Week 3, Homestead Miami, not one of the most popular circuits of iRacing ... What do you think about it after some practice? Because you did practiced, right?  BORING, but apparently I'm good at it.  Looking forward to a good result this week![/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2) How many official series are you running this season? Do you focus on just one or do you prefer variety?  FR3.5 is my main right now.  IMSA to keep me fresh for the league.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3) What kind of pilot do you consider yourself ... aggressive who barely sees an opportunity try to take it or strategist.  Depends on the situation.  I was behind Frederico Montini at Watkins and was more aggressive there than I should've been because I was "feeling it" (apparently  I wasn't).  Sometimes I'll just wait to pass under pits.[/font]

C_Valenzuela

Name
1) Week 3, Homestead Miami, not one of the most popular circuits of iRacing ... What do you think about it after some practice? Because you did practiced, right?
- Kind of mini Daytona, in official races it was a carnage. I'm worried  :)  

2) How many official series are you running this season? Do you focus on just one or do you prefer variety?
- IMSA only. 

3) What kind of pilot do you consider yourself ... aggressive who barely sees an opportunity try to take it or strategist
- 50/50. I like to push and defend, but i have an eye on the numbers to make some strategy too.

Ozymandias

Organizer
Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview
I am not a fan of Oval-Road circuits....Sector 1 will be complicated in the first laps ...Qualy will be the key.

With two private championships, time has been used to practice more than racing...

I need to work in closed fights, in general I tend to be somewhat conservative in races

Ozymandias

Organizer
Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
****PRACTICE SESSION****
1-Hour Practice Session Today
8:30 PM EDT (00:30 AM GMT)
Session Password: PRLGTEW3

*this week 1-hour session....be quick to join!

Kirru

Premium Member
Name
Cory
iRacing ID
1) Week 3, Homestead Miami, not one of the most popular circuits of iRacing ... What do you think about it after some practice? Because you did practice, right? The track is fairly easy to drive but it is a narrow infield which makes passing very difficult. But if you wait to do it on the oval it is almost impossible to pass. Braking points are hard to keep consistent without good braking markers as well.  Tuesday is going to be interesting for sure.

I just run IMSA series for the practice and because I enjoy it the most.  Now that I am A license, I practice the FW31 a lot more and may start running it at some point.

I consider myself a conservative driver but when I see an opportunity I am very likely going to take it.

RMunoz9

Name
Rodrigo Muñoz
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1) Week 3, Homestead Miami, not one of the most popular circuits of iRacing ... What do you think about it after some practice? Because you did practiced, right?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]It looks like a tiny track for 40 cars, will be very dificult in the start of the race.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2) How many official series are you running this season? Do you focus on just one or do you prefer variety?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Just running IMSA as a practice for the league, eventually some Le Mans races[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3) What kind of pilot do you consider yourself ... aggressive who barely sees an opportunity try to take it or strategist[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] I consider myself more strategist than agressive but I take the chances when available, sadly some of that moves didn't result good for my fellow drivers and myself. I think tjis race will be a patience test.[/font]

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Ozymandias said:
****PRACTICE SESSION****
SRT Team Will be hosting a practice

Look at this post 😋

http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=2814

Ozymandias

Organizer
Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
jeromef1 said:
Ozymandias said:
****PRACTICE SESSION****
SRT Team Will be hosting a practice

*this week 1-hour session....be quick to join!

Look at this post 😋

http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=2814

We will join the SRTe practice session!

fborda

Name
new host. now!

****PRACTICE SESSION****
1-Hour Practice Session Today
SDS PRL League Practice
Session Password: sdsprls16-2019

Kirru

Premium Member
Name
Cory
iRacing ID
I did google. a bunch. just never found that particular one and I like it better than the ones I did find.

Sassy_McSassypants

Name
Pete Mobroten
iRacing ID
Didn't get a chance to run IMSA last week. I suspect this is going to be a $*(@show in traffic with every corner being wide entry/decreasing radius coupled with the level of aggression in this field.

Typically GTE/GT3 with the occasional MX5 and skip barber thrown in. Taking a pass on skip barber for a while.

No sneak peeks! You'll just have to find me on track and see for yourself. :)

a_espinosa

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Anrdes Espinoza
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview
I do enjoy the track layout, but this race will be all about staying alive and trying to run away from the pack. Responding for a friend, because I'll probably be mid pack!

This season I am trying to focus on GTE exclusively, so running IMSA officials at least 3 times a weeek for practice before Tuesday's race.

0 x
Deffinitely not agressive, but I will go for the over take if my startegy allows it.