Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 3: Donington Park Racing Circuit - Grand Prix (Sep. 30th)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Donington_GP.png

Time of day at session start: Late Afternoon
Practice: 2019-05-15 7:02 pm
Qualifying: 2019-05-15 10:02 pm
Race: 2019-05-15 10:17 pm
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 24
Max Fuel: 55%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 1

Pre-Race interview questions:

1. With summit point behind us, we head to the British track of Donington.  A very high speed and flowing circuit until you reach the heavy braking zones in turns 10-12.  What section(s) do you enjoy and which ones could you live without?

2. The latest Aston Martin Vulcan costs a whopping $1.8 million euros.  One of the perks of purchasing that car is Aston Martin will send a  crew to the track of your choice to run it through a test day.  If you were to purchase that car, where in the world would you put it on track?

3. Build your perfect race car.  What engine?  What chassis? What body design?

Mark Phile

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
1. With summit point behind us, we head to the British track of Donington.  A very high speed and flowing circuit until you reach the heavy braking zones in turns 10-12.  What section(s) do you enjoy and which ones could you live without?

I enjoy section t2to t8,but  t2 & t8 can kinda EAD though 🤣

2. The latest Aston Martin Vulcan costs a whopping $1.8 million euros.  One of the perks of purchasing that car is Aston Martin will send a  crew to the track of your choice to run it through a test day.  If you were to purchase that car, where in the world would you put it on track?

Spa 😁

3. Build your perfect race car.  What engine?  What chassis? What body design?

Give me Viper and im fine 😁

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
1) T2-T8, just flows so well with the hammer down.  Could live a happy life without T10, either left or right.
2) The wall, any wall
3) Already built by somebody else.
hufficker.jpg

andyspicer

Name
Andy Spicer
iRacing ID
bonaduce said:
1) T2-T8, just flows so well with the hammer down.  Could live a happy life without T10, either left or right.
2) The wall, any wall
3) Already built by somebody else.
hufficker.jpg

Dan, that's hysterical. I know that car. Unless it's a replica. Bob Earl ran that car in IMSA in the mid 80's and then Tommy Thompson bought it at a BJ auction in Scottsdale that I was at. I want to say it was like 2008 or 2009. I wanna say it went for like $20k or so. Please tell me you own it now. lol. 

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Unfortunately I do not own it, I own the stock version an 86 gt

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
rsz_img_20141217_165911.jpg
this is my 3rd.  I had a 84 stock, an 86 notchback with a 3.4 dohc from a 96 monte carlo that was insane, and then this one bone stock.  Working on my next restoration at the moment, a 1972 MGB.

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
While they have their issues, they are just a neat car for what you pay for them. That one looks like it is in great shape. Auto or manual?

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
I went auto this time, knees are shot from college baseball. other 2 were stick

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
Man I have always wanted the 86-88 gt with the 5 speed. There was a guy in my hometown that had one with a 350 sb in it. Said you could not tough the throttle in corner cuz the front end would get super light.

Mark Phile

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
💥Race Day Alert💥
Im excited to get it on tonight in the Caddy, and I haven't run a single lap here in it, so should be fun 🤣. I know the track well enough so shouldn't take long to learn 👍

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
1. I do not know this track well enough to have a section. Haven’t ran a single lap of practice either 😳

2. Road Atlanta! Anymore brain busters?

3. Sadly gotta say the Red Bull f1 chassis, the 1000 ho Mercedes that Penske ran in 1994, with an Aston Martin dbrs9 body

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
I have a bunch of BS going on today, so I might not make the race tonight. Just a head's up. That's extra disappointing since I picked this track.

-I actually like the chicane and 2 hairpins at the end of the lap. Great passing opportunities. But of course getting T4 just right, when you're flying and just barely keep it on the track, that's fun.

-Spa would be pretty epic. Maybe Suzuka. Or the Mountain if I was in the mood to temp fate.

-McLaren F1 chassis/driving position, body by Ferrari. I'd be happy with a lot of different engines, but if I have to pick one, I'm gonna say the crazy 4 rotor from the 787b. That sound is just intoxicating.

Mark Phile

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
TheGreatC81 said:
I have a bunch of BS going on today, so I might not make the race tonight. Just a head's up. That's extra disappointing since I picked this track.

-I actually like the chicane and 2 hairpins at the end of the lap. Great passing opportunities. But of course getting T4 just right, when you're flying and just barely keep it on the track, that's fun.

-Spa would be pretty epic. Maybe Suzuka. Or the Mountain if I was in the mood to temp fate.

-McLaren F1 chassis/driving position, body by Ferrari. I'd be happy with a lot of different engines, but if I have to pick one, I'm gonna say the crazy 4 rotor from the 787b. That sound is just intoxicating.
You get your ass in the room 🤣, hope ya make it!