Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 3: Daytona International Speedway - Road Course (Apr 5)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID

Race Time of day: 2021-04-03 20:35 1x
Race Length: 40 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 11x, DSQ at 17x
Max Fuel: 50%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Jamesb93

Premium Member
Full Name
James Babalis
iRacing ID
I just want to apologize for my stupid mistake at the end of the race... can’t believe what i did i am so sorry. I will be resigning myself from the rest of the series as to take some time to practice.

Brayden_wern er

Premium Member
Full Name
Brayden Werner
iRacing ID
I just want to apologize for my stupid mistake at the end of the race... can’t believe what i did i am so sorry. I will be resigning myself from the rest of the series as to take some time to practice.
I mean I would reflect and understand what you did wrong, but I wouldn't say you need to resign from the series. Just take whatever penalty you get and come back better (and smarter) than before. I won't lie I am pretty mad at that move but you are sorry about it and trying to improve so just keep at it. Shit happens.

Jamesb93

Premium Member
Full Name
James Babalis
iRacing ID
I mean I would reflect and understand what you did wrong, but I wouldn't say you need to resign from the series. Just take whatever penalty you get and come back better (and smarter) than before. I won't lie I am pretty mad at that move but you are sorry about it and trying to improve so just keep at it. Shit happens.
I hit the brakes and it was too late. Coming from p1 in AM class i was all blurry in the head/ P1 at sebring but got disconnected. I’ve been all over this series. Still no excuses

lewisgoodway

Premium Member
Full Name
Lewis Goodway
iRacing ID
Man that sucks. Don't resign from the League just learn from the mistake. Everyone has done something stupid. If we was in the same room I'd probably thrown some punches 😂😂😂 Luckily I had time to gather my thoughts. To the next one I guess.

Ken Rodriguez

Organizer
Full Name
Kenneth Rodriguez
iRacing ID
Not the course of action that will yield any good results. You acknowledged, owned and apologized for your mistake. Next step is to accept whatever penalty is coming, go back and review the issue, commit to your mind what to do in a similar situation should it occur again and learn from it.

We do not promote a cancel atmosphere around here where we want drivers quitting. We promote a learning community and attempt to build on that community. Don't quit. Let's move forward.

I will end this with a bit of a humor quote from GSRC's Joe Peak: "Give us Babalis!!!" He made the reference to where it states in the bible that the people yelled for the release of Barabbas over Jesus. :ROFLMAO:

barryf1fan

Premium Member
Full Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
... I will be resigning myself from the rest of the series as to take some time to practice.

Don't quit... There's no reason to. Bone headed mistake; check. Need to quit having fun doing this hobby, uh, no.
We've all done some pretty sketchy stuff - even in this series, and like was said earlier, take whatever penalty you get (heck, you may not even get one depending...) and move on. I can't tell ya what a shit-show I was when I first joined about 3 or 4 seasons ago, and have improved greatly over that time. And running with these guys have been the most benefit to that, and even though I'm still not fast, I'm much better about my race craft (even though I still have the smooth-brain moments, huh, Gary!?!? 😁)

I hope you stay, for sure, when you stay on track I can't touch you for pace - maybe dial it down to my speed and give me a chance!! 😂 J/k!!

Spinn

Premium Member
Full Name
Spencer Semkowich
iRacing ID
Total POS race for me.
Left seat actuator failed while I was coming off the banking into T1.
Did all I could to control it when I got hit between T2 &3.
Sorry to all that got caught up in it.
You know you have a sweet rig when it's got enough bells and whistles you can have mechanical failures kill a race just like the real world 🤣