Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 3: Circuit Park Zandvoort - Grand Prix (April 05)

Laughlin

Organizer
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Formula 3 Series 2022/S3
Name
Nick McLaughlin
iRacing ID
Zandvoort%20GP.png
Race Time of day: 2022-04-02 09:30 1x
Race Length: 35 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 13x, DSQ at 17x
Max Fuel: GT4: 35% / TCR: 30%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

MalcolmFoster

Premium Member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
Name
Malcolm Foster
iRacing ID
Question???

What is the ruling when racing TCR and you are caught by the GT4’s?
Do you back off to let them by (as per lapped car rules)?
I raced in the official series and was battling other TCR’s when caught by top GT4’s. I let them by, essentially ending my race.

Laughlin

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S3
Name
Nick McLaughlin
iRacing ID
Question???

What is the ruling when racing TCR and you are caught by the GT4’s?
Do you back off to let them by (as per lapped car rules)?
I raced in the official series and was battling other TCR’s when caught by top GT4’s. I let them by, essentially ending my race.
So multi-class racing adds a twist in there. While you can assist the overtake by letting them through when it is safe to do so, you still have your own race to race.
It is ultimately up to the faster class driver to ensure the overtake is clean and safe, you do not have to let them by.
As the faster class, this should be no issue, they may just have to wait a corner or two given the similarities in pace between these classes

MalcolmFoster

Premium Member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
Name
Malcolm Foster
iRacing ID
So multi-class racing adds a twist in there. While you can assist the overtake by letting them through when it is safe to do so, you still have your own race to race.
It is ultimately up to the faster class driver to ensure the overtake is clean and safe, you do not have to let them by.
As the faster class, this should be no issue, they may just have to wait a corner or two given the similarities in pace between these classes
Thanks for clearing it up Nick 👍

Robbie_gtc

Premium Member
GT4 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Robbie Campbell
iRacing ID
Zandvoort is a tight twisty track. It doesn't take a whole lot to let a faster car by tho... a simple 3/4 - 1/2 throttle lift is enough to let the GT4 by and not cost yourself anytime.

A practice I have usually employed when being in the "slower" class and caught by the faster cars. let off on a straight area well before a corner. if you wait too long till the corner you have a much higher chance of getting into each other by one car or the other not backing off enough or allowing enough space. Lifting off earlier allows you to still take your preferred line into the corner as you can now maintain your corner entry speed.

By a quick lift you should not lose much if any time in your ongoing battle. keep in my if you are the trailing car in your battle. you lifiting off early may allow you to tuck in behind the gt4 get some draft and if they and the car you were battling slow each other down on the follwing corner. you are there to take advantage.

Rcnick

Premium Member
Name
Nicholas Colander
iRacing ID
Great battling with you Charles! Amazing league so far men!
🏄🏾‍♂️💆🏽‍♂️🥰

JMAC303

Name
Joe Macauley
iRacing ID
Jean-Sebastien Giroux, I tried to go for a gap that was too small and I spun you around there at the end. My apologies. Not the best race for me, we got tangled up a little on a previous lap, but I did my best to let you keep the position.

orangganjil

Premium Member
Name
Cody Hatch
iRacing ID