Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 3: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (July 8)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Montreal.png

Race Time of day: 2021-07-10 08:30 1x
Race Length: 32 laps
Max Incidents: Drive through at 13x, DSQ at 17x
Max Fuel: 40%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Last edited:

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Alright guys @Formula Renault 3.5 Pro Series 2021/S3, It's some Canadian racing this week!

First off, I apologize for missing the first 2 weeks and slacking in my organizer duties. Unfortunately real life got in the way. I want to say thanks to Tyler, Matt, and Jerome for helping take care of things when I was tied up. Thankfully all that stuff is taken care of and I'm definitely looking forward to finally getting to run with you guys!

Got a challenging track coming up tomorrow, I can't say it's my favorite track but it usually brings out some good racing. Going to be interesting to see what kind of setups you guys have. So far I am quicker in qualifying with a HDF set, but a MDF set may be where I go for the race.

A couple of safety notes:
  • Every race I have had here in the past had a turn 1/2 wreck, It's a tricky combo to take going 2 wide, so hold your line and give everyone plenty of room and hopefully we can make it through safely.
  • The pit entry requires later braking than the normal racing line, so remember if you are following behind someone, you will need to brake 'early' to avoid slamming in to the back of them.

That's all I got for now guys, from what I watched in the first couple races we have had some pretty good racing so hopefully we can keep it going tomorrow.

Cya guys then!
Owen

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Good racing guys. Had a bad start but was able to hold on and then I had a blast in the first half racing with Joey and company and was sitting in P6 but my tires started to go with about 6 laps to go and I was struggling to keep it together. It was kind of weird because the tires didn't look too bad. at the end of the race 85-91%. Maybe next time I'll change tires during my stop.

Have a good weekend guys and hopefully we will get a few more drivers next week.

Cya then!

CaptainCanada

Name
Marc Ponick
iRacing ID
Great race and solid win Nick!
Your car control for the entirety of that pass was spot on, even the announcers loved it.
I don't think I've ever lost a lead and said to myself Dam that was Awesome! before.

Owen, it wasn't just you, I felt the tires drop off towards the end too. Even 1/2 spun on the last lap. It was like the track just felt hotter / slippery, steering lost a lot of definition..

Name
Nicholas Johnston
iRacing ID
Great race and solid win Nick!
Your car control for the entirety of that pass was spot on, even the announcers loved it.
I don't think I've ever lost a lead and said to myself Dam that was Awesome! before.

Owen, it wasn't just you, I felt the tires drop off towards the end too. Even 1/2 spun on the last lap. It was like the track just felt hotter / slippery, steering lost a lot of definition..

It takes two to tango bud, you did great in giving space yourself man! Fun racing.

Tires did start to go away as well, I started to lose the front there in the last few laps