Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 3: China - Shanghai International Circuit (07Jun17 @ 9pm EDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member

Pre-Race Interview:
1) We are at China for round 3.  How do you like this track?
2) Last week it looked like there was plenty of debris on the track.  How do you avoid getting into incidents?
3) Lewis Hamilton was won the most races here.  Does this track suit your driving style like it does his?

VeXSocks

1) We are at China for round 3. How do you like this track?
Not the biggest fan of this track, have some sliding issues :(

2) Last week it looked like there was plenty of debris on the track. How do you avoid getting into incidents?
Try to let others make mistakes to make overtakes ..

3) Lewis Hamilton was won the most races here. Does this track suit your driving style like it does his?
Being british like Hamilton ... it does but I just cant get it right!

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Pre-Race Interview:
1) We are at China for round 3.  How do you like this track?
I actually really enjoy this track.  I think that Turn 1 is very unique and one of my favorites on the calendar.

2) Last week it looked like there was plenty of debris on the track.  How do you avoid getting into incidents?
With this game the damage is much more sensitive even on reduced and you have to make sure you do not stick your nose in because if you get turned in on you will auto-spin, so I rarely try to out brake to overtake, I normally try and get a better run out of a corner or try in a safer DRS area since the slip stream is also very OP.

3) Lewis Hamilton was won the most races here.  Does this track suit your driving style like it does his?
I think this track does actually.  I like tracks that have longer corners because it forces you to take the perfect angle.  You can also overtake here in a few different places so I think its pretty good for online racing.  Traction is very tough here though, especially on the corner leading up to the long DRS straight.  You really need to get a good exit there to get maximum speed.

AtomicTurtle

1) We are at China for round 3.  How do you like this track?
I like this track quite a bit. I am a fan of the wide turns where you can keep on the throttle.

2) Last week it looked like there was plenty of debris on the track.  How do you avoid getting into incidents?
Try to be more careful I guess. I was being extremely careful at the beginning of the last race, but there's not much I can do when I get hit from behind and spin around. :x I try to avoid accidents by knowing when to slow down and not try any risky moves. It's ok to slot in behind someone for a while until the right moment to overtake.

3) Lewis Hamilton was won the most races here.  Does this track suit your driving style like it does his?
After running some Time Trials and practice races, it seems as tho this track does suit my driving style. I'm looking forward to a great and hopefully clean race!

patlessard

Premium Member
Pre-Race Interview:
1) We are at China for round 3.  How do you like this track? It's an good track gotta have good rythm here in the first few corners , but if it's wet it's  another story !

2) Last week it looked like there was plenty of debris on the track.  How do you avoid getting into incidents? Using the mini map and mirrors , but sometimes it's still not enough . sometimes you have to give the corner to regain it after . Overtaking is an art and sometimes it takes a few laps to prepare it .

3) Lewis Hamilton was won the most races here.  Does this track suit your driving style like it does his?  well I'm not sure since I need to practice a loooot here

DEADZERO

Premium Member
1) We are at China for round 3. How do you like this track?
- Not one of my favourites. Some good wide corners but that first turn is what adds to my time, plus I can see a few mistakes happening there.

2) Last week it looked like there was plenty of debris on the track. How do you avoid getting into incidents?
- I was unable to avoid a lot of incidents, it felt like I was part of a lot of them. I tried to brake early to avoid a nose tap, only to rear-ended and spun out. I managed to get past the disaster of turn 1 lap 1 but got spun out turn 2 by an over-eager driver. He spun out as well but stopped in the proper direction so he managed to take off way before me. Also got my nose damaged when the safety car was out because one driver decided be way slower than the required pace and caused all the cars behind him to unexpectedly brake in the middle of a straight. Surprising how in Race 1, it was pretty clean, but race 2 everyone became over-aggressive and didn't follow proper racing etiquette. Hoping to see a change in China.

3) Lewis Hamilton was won the most races here. Does this track suit your driving style like it does his?
- Don't know much about his style but I know I'm a slow driver. Im hoping people make more mistakes than I do.

V6onyourtail

FYI: It is possible that I won't be able to make the race in China. I have surgery on Thursday and there is some prep involved, and I don't know how the surgery prep will affect me. I will try to make if I am feeling okay...

AtomicTurtle

V6onyourtail said:
FYI:  It is possible that I won't be able to make the race in China.  I have surgery on Thursday and there is some prep involved, and I don't know how the surgery prep will affect me.  I will try to make if I am feeling okay...

Hope all goes well!

V6onyourtail

Thanks man, It is not a huge deal, however, the preparation for the surgery sucks big time...Hope I can use that word?? The preparation starts at about 4:00 am on the day before the surgery on Thursady, so I can become very drowsy and feel sick according to my Doc. If this does not happen, or if it is not to bad I will be there. I have to much fun racing just to sit around and watch TV, lol

Plasmaraider

1) We are at China for round 3.  How do you like this track? Indifferent, dont like it, dont hate it
2) Last week it looked like there was plenty of debris on the track.  How do you avoid getting into incidents? I normally try to get out in front as fast as possible and trail behind a car to get a tow before i start pushing. I was in a small incident with i think V6 under the VSC, but it was mostly just confusion as we were both battling pretty hard and we didnt know who was ahead when it came out.
3) Lewis Hamilton was won the most races here.  Does this track suit your driving style like it does his? On a good day it fits it perfect, but if you fail to get a rhythm it can be a nightmare

bannerexpress

1) We are in China for round 3. How do you like this track?
-It is a track with a great straight but in contrast you can waste time in the curvy curves of the circuit. A balanced setup for conservative piloting will be convenient here.

2) Last week it seemed that there was a lot of debris on the track. How do you avoid getting into incidents?
- In particular, I still do not like the F1 physics of Codemaster. A limited setup and with aids that run away from realism confuse me to the point that I am not adapting to this software. So I apologize for my early departure from the previous race. As soon as I lost the braking point on the first corner, I hit a car that rolled in front of me and my race ended there.

3) Lewis Hamilton has won more races here. Does this track suit your driving style, like his?
Definitely not.

piboye

I'm sorry guys. Some things came up this week and I wasn't able to practice enough. Someone else can take my place. (I also will be out of the country next week too.)

V6onyourtail

bannerexpress said:
I am disappointed with an inactive few runners.

[youtube]L71lU-PF3MY[/youtube]
Ya, me too....The first corner was ridiculous.  I barely made it around a driver as they re-entered the track, but it appears as if the next driver was not so lucky.  Heck, I was taken out HARD just after the first corner (hit from the left and crashed hard into the inside barrier), which in turn, caused one of the Williams cars to hit me in the rear...A bad chain reaction caused by carelessness on a drivers part.

Weemageeno3

bannerexpress said:

Yes me too,
I joined the league so i could race with fair racers but it seems it's no different from a random lobby full of noobs. I'll attend the next race but if it turns out to be the same behavior i might reconsider racing in this league.

V6onyourtail

Weemageeno3 said:
bannerexpress said:

Yes me too,
I joined the league so i could race with fair racers but it seems it's no different from a random lobby full of noobs. I'll attend the next race but if it turns out to be the same behavior i might reconsider racing in this league.

LaCadian said it best when we were ready to start the race last night.  USE YOUR BRAKES!  I'm not talking about everyone here, but there are a number drivers that have not read the rules, and if they have and continue to drive in an unsafe manner, then they should be dealt with by management.  This year is the worst I have seen (by far) since I started racing with PRL back in 2013.   

patlessard

Premium Member
That's the thing with a full field lots of cars ...
you say use your brakes but you dove in the middle of the pack in turn one ...
do what I say not what I do ... it will never get better with this mentality