Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 3: Charlotte Motor Speedway - Oval - 2018 (Oct 6th)

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S3
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
CharlotteOval.png

Laps: 85
Sim Date/Time: 2021-10-09 13:30 1x

Last edited:

C.M. Pennington

Premium Member
Name
Charles M. Pennington
iRacing ID
I am so sorry Mr. Westerfield and Adam. My bone headed lane change damaged all three of us. Then watching the replay and seeing that blue banner on the windshield. Well that was the worst thing to see knowing I caused it. I know it doesn't help....but I am so..so..sorry.

Icon Rob

Premium Member
Name
Rob Nellor
iRacing ID
I am so sorry Mr. Westerfield and Adam. My bone headed lane change damaged all three of us. Then watching the replay and seeing that blue banner on the windshield. Well that was the worst thing to see knowing I caused it. I know it doesn't help....but I am so..so..sorry.
They are not the only ones you took out. This is the second time you’ve ruined my race. You took me out at Talladega and your “bone headed lane change” forced the truck directly in front of me to slam on his brakes to avoid you caused me to run into the back of him crushing the front of my truck. Race over again. Thank you

C.M. Pennington

Premium Member
Name
Charles M. Pennington
iRacing ID
I own my mistake last night and I'm sorry that you got damaged due to it. I do my best to avoid mistakes and contact with others on the track. But I am not perfect. I just started iracing in April and continue to work to improve my race craft. I have painfully reviewed the accident last night many times from many perspectives. There is no doubt I caused it. But what could I have done to avoid it? Stay in the middle lane? If you look at the replay coming out of turn two there is a big gap behind the 98. I was being pressed by the 35 on the low line. At the same time the 65 had a great run out of two and was closing that high line gap. I failed to see this (maybe because I was paying to much attention to the truck below me. So I moved up to give room to the low truck entering Turn 3. As you probably know, things can get tight there.. I moved up when I cleared the rear of the 98 and well we know what happened. But what if I'd have stayed in the middle entering turn 3. With the 65 coming fast on my outside and the 35 below. Three wide entering turn three in a pack of trucks, what would that have looked like?
I don't recall what happened at Talladega and don't have a replay to review. I received no penalty at Dega so there is that. Mistakes happen on the track. I doubt there is a driver in iracing who has never been caught up the mistakes of others. When this happens to me I just let it go. Sometimes It is hard when the offense is as blatant as mine was last night. So totally understand a couple of guys being pissed at me right now. Especially a guy who has run well enough all year to be in the running for a championship. I did not sleep well last night.
So if your goal was to make me feel even worse......mission accomplished.

modern_knight

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Knight
iRacing ID
Nobody in this league is a professional driver, everyone makes mistakes and unfortunately with racing, those mistakes sometimes affect other drivers. I don't think there's any need to pummel somebody into the ground after they've owned up to their mistake and apologized. Everyone is out here to have fun, so lets keep that in mind and not alienate someone who's trying to learn and improve on the track.

Paul48

Premium Member
Name
Thomas Sink
iRacing ID
Don't lose sleep over a video game man. Mistakes happen and you're still learning. Everyone should learn for each other's mistakes, during every race. We league race to have fun and race with with our friends. Again at the end of the day we're all friends and support each other.

C.M. Pennington

Premium Member
Name
Charles M. Pennington
iRacing ID
Well I thank you for that attitude Thomas and agree, for the most part. However in the PRL it's a little more that just a game. Drivers and admins. are putting in more effort in prepping for each race. We all need to respect that in my opinion. So a driver racing to crack the top 20 in points has to be aware when racing with the contenders. It was the cost I inflicted on Westerfield that had me up all night reviewing the tape and feeling extremely bad about it. I didn't just wipe out his fun for the night. I crashed his year. I hope in time he'll be able to forgive and forget, He seems to be a high class guy so I imagine he will. But there is still a little knot in my stomach over this one. Guess I need to forgive myself as well, just haven't been able to yet. I should have just fallen in line behind Charles coming out of turn 2. Not such a bad place to be at that point. Some lessons you learn the hard way.

ahunter27t

Premium Member
Name
Austin Hunter
iRacing ID
Good news for you CM I managed to suck so bad on my own that you didn’t end his year. He advanced to round two. So at most you cost him a few points and a long night. Keep making positive ground. Thank you for apologizing and admit to your mistake, most people in this league don’t do that so it’s a nice refresher.

Kemosobie03

Premium Member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
Actually, Jim advanced regardless of your finishing position Austin. I believe he only had to finish 34th or better to stay in and there were only 34 trucks in the field. So as soon as he completed lap 1, he was in.

Last edited:

C.M. Pennington

Premium Member
Name
Charles M. Pennington
iRacing ID
Wooooo......That is great news indeed.........Go Jim!!!.....It's your time to shine. You've used up all your bad luck. So take all that talent and head to the front.

C.M. Pennington

Premium Member
Name
Charles M. Pennington
iRacing ID
Good news for you CM I managed to suck so bad on my own that you didn’t end his year. He advanced to round two. So at most you cost him a few points and a long night. Keep making positive ground. Thank you for apologizing and admit to your mistake, most people in this league don’t do that so it’s a nice refresher.
Thanks for letting me know this Austin. Sorry to hear about your race going bad. That track is so fun to race on. Tire wear, pitting, old tires vs new, the way you can attack each corner in different ways. Shame when it goes bad and you miss out on all the fun. The lack of cautions left little opportunity for a come back.

Paul48

Premium Member
Name
Thomas Sink
iRacing ID
Keep your head up Pennington. Never give up or quit on improving your racecraft. We all get frustrated sometimes, especially me. lol. Just learn from the errors. I'm made mistakes, I've wrecked Brad several times. Hell it made PRL famous at Daytona for it...

C.M. Pennington

Premium Member
Name
Charles M. Pennington
iRacing ID
I know that Thomas and the reason I know is because you already have. Weather it's a pep talk or a different line I should try or pointing out something I'm doing wrong. Your not the only one. Heck Bradley once walked me through a lap and demonstrated each turn. And I have gotten better. It hasn't shown in my PRL finishes yet. But I'm winning in the iracing official race. All be it in lower ranked races. But I know I'm improving and alot of it is due to the guys I'm racing with at PRL. It's been really good for me all in all. So thank you Thomas and all the other great drivers at PRL. Sure it's been tuff at times but to get better you gotta compete with the best. I've learned so much just being on track with you guys. In time I'll get to be as good as I can be racing here. Jury is still out on how good that is. Being around so many good people on this adventure is truly a blessing.