Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022/S4 - Seasonal prizes draw!

Hi Guest, The list of eligible drivers to the 2022/S4 end of season draw is now available! We will be doing a live event on Discord on Sunday December 11th at 9pm EDT!
    Click here for more details and to see the list of eligible drivers.

Round 3 - Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (July 11)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Canadian_Tire_Motorsports.png

Time of day: Sunrise
Practice: 5:50 AM (in-game time)
Qualifying: 8:50 AM (in-game time)
Race: 9:05 AM (in-game time)
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 20
Max. Fuel: 50%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview:

1- After a break week for 4th of July (hope you still have all your fingers after the fireworks!) We are headed to the rollercoaster ride of Mosport! A small and very fast track will certainly offer some unique challenges. What do you think the hardest part of thus race will be?

2- 2 rounds in and we have had 2 very close finishes! What is the closest finish you have ever had in iRacing? 

3- My 4 year old gets car names wrong at times, and yesterday was calling his new toy car a "Ferrari Lamborghini Mustang"  :lol:. It got me thinking though. If you could have a car with a chassis designed by 1 manufacturer, an engine by a 2nd, and the body styling by a 3rd, who would those 3 companies be? 

SharkV

Organizer
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
Miker9253 said:
Ill be Out this race, headed to the Daytona for the Race and Shenanigans...Good luck all, I'll be watching!
Race is next week.  We are off this week 

Wingnut

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Kevin Santana
iRacing ID
SharkV said:
Miker9253 said:
Ill be Out this race, headed to the Daytona for the Race and Shenanigans...Good luck all, I'll be watching!
Race is next week.  We are off this week 

He will still be recovering next week.  :lol: 

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Cup Series 2023/S1
NASCAR Xfinity Series 2023/S1
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. My only experiences with CTMP have been in the Nascar trucks, so ya... I'll have to forget everything I know about the circuit and look at it with fresh eyes in these cars.

2. I won a Sunday League K&N race at Talladega by .027 secs. Closest overall in PRL was a PS4 race on Nascar Heat, also Talladega by .005 secs.

3. I would need to research for weeks to answer that, dont put that evil on me!

Gunner

Organizer
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1- After a break week for 4th of July (hope you still have all your fingers after the fireworks!) We are headed to the rollercoaster ride of Mosport! A small and very fast track will certainly offer some unique challenges. What do you think the hardest part of thus race will be?[/font]

Passing will surely be difficult with only 2 braking zones, although I can see drafting and going wheel to wheel through turn 8 and 9 and seeing who comes out on top by the final corner.  For me it will probably be not pushing too hard into the hairpin and spinning it! 

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2- 2 rounds in and we have had 2 very close finishes! What is the closest finish you have ever had in iRacing? [/font]

Back in the Pro Mazda days, I hopped in an official session when it was a the Charlotte oval. I won by. 001 in a photo finish! Ahh the good old days of team BTR and ovals in the Pro Mazda right Paul? 

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3- My 4 year old gets car names wrong at times, and yesterday was calling his new toy car a "Ferrari Lamborghini Mustang"  [img=15x17]http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif[/img]. It got me thinking though. If you could have a car with a chassis designed by 1 manufacturer, an engine by a 2nd, and the body styling by a 3rd, who would those 3 companies be? [/font]
Why would I ask such a hard question! I would probably have a chassis from something like the Porsche 918 Spyder, powered by a lovely Ferrari 6.5L F140 V12 for sound! Covering all of it a 2019 Aston Martin DBS Superleggera body. I could have some fun in that. 

TheGreatC81

Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
For me the hard part is to not drive all tensed up. Being smooth and precise can gain a lot of time here so I need to keep my inputs tidy and my hands loose so I can keep it on edge through all those sweeping corners. Also, not getting lured into braking too late for the hairpin.

I haven't had any close victories that I can remember. I've only been in iRacing for a little over a year. My very few wins usually came from being in a split low enough where I was actually the fastest guy. LOL!

Well, there's so many exotic answers that will be better than mine, but... My dad had a beautiful '67 Camaro. It's nothing special as far as the model but it's just pretty. Marina Blue with black stripes, and a nice set of Foose wheels. So that body, on a C7 chassis, and under the hood something like a C7R powerplant. I know, all Chevy is a bit boring but it's kind of what I've always wanted to do with that car. Make it handle and give it a bombproof race engine/tranny while keeping it looking pretty classic from the outside.

paulwildridge

Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
1. Challenge will be patience. The draft into the sweepers could lead to a false sense of closing rate and you screw that up... uh buh-bye

2. Don’t know tbh. Had a few close ones on ovals. And Matt no one likes you!

3. It would have to be an Audi R8 chassis (nimble), agree with Matt on Aston Martin but the dbs body, and a Mazda 787b motor (orgasmic)

bonaduce

Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
1)  I believe minimizing damage between turns 4/5/6 will be a factor, several complaints of pod damage going through that section.  Also with such a short track and little overtake zones, those of us, we like to be called backmarkers, could play into some position changes towards the end.
2)  That would be the only win I have here in PRL, street stock win, with 10 laps to go was a caution and I saw my chance, while others pitted I stayed out just to get a lap leader point on worn tires.  Went green with 6 laps to go, and was doing everything I could to keep out of the way but no one was able to get by me.
3)  Already owed one, it's called a Jeep (engine by chevy, body by AMC, and diffs by ford)

Dano1Z

Name
Daniel Zegers
iRacing ID
https://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3654931.page

FYI to all.

Dano1Z

Name
Daniel Zegers
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview:

1- After a break week for 4th of July (hope you still have all your fingers after the fireworks!) We are headed to the rollercoaster ride of Mosport! A small and very fast track will certainly offer some unique challenges. What do you think the hardest part of thus race will be?
Keeping it together through turn 5 and 6 (Moss corner) The braking point is key, if you screw that up it can easily ruin your race and most likey others as well.

2- 2 rounds in and we have had 2 very close finishes! What is the closest finish you have ever had in iRacing?
Half a car length in an Indy fixed race for the win, brought home p1!

3- My 4 year old gets car names wrong at times, and yesterday was calling his new toy car a "Ferrari Lamborghini Mustang" :lol:. It got me thinking though. If you could have a car with a chassis designed by 1 manufacturer, an engine by a 2nd, and the body styling by a 3rd, who would those 3 companies be?
Chassis-McLaren, Engine-Chevrolet, Body-Jaguar

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Cup Series 2023/S1
NASCAR Xfinity Series 2023/S1
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
No reason at all for my slow butt to have a Top 10 finish. Thanks to all who decided to fist fight tire barriers that made that possible (especially since I got some landmine damage on L5 that killed my straight speed the rest of the race) lol. Gratz to Holland on the flawless race, and to Gritz and Woody for awesome podium drives

In all seriousness though, great job last night from a battle standpoint by all. We figured it would be high attrition night with this track layout and the landmines, but almost all DNFs were all due to solo driver errors and I think there was only 1 possible instances of contact (that might have been netcode). Let's keep up the progress and have a great show at CotA next week.

Miker9253

Premium Member
Name
Mike Richter
iRacing ID
Last Night was a great example of what clearing track state does. Clear marbles yes but not rubber.

I think there was confusion if this was ever voted on and needs to be readdressed ASAP.

I'm still 100% against it and will keep the fight going across all series!

bonaduce

Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
I am blaming Crew Chief for my early exit, informs me a car is on the left going into turn 2 so I can't move onto the racing line, next thing you know I 'm heading for the wall of oblivian.  Replay shows, yes there is a car to my left, a clear car length behind.
dan

crich88848

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
Never thought to practice taking the outside line into T2. Thought all I needed to do was let off the gas, think again. Understeered off the edge of the track and then proceeded to drive 100 yards straight into the rear of whoever else decided to play demolition derby with me. Well it was fun for all of the 15 seconds that my race lasted.