Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 3: Barber Motorsports Park - Full Course / Afternoon (19 Apr)

bige3dalejr88

Premium Member
Barber Motorsports Park_Full Course.png

Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Race Length: 37 Laps
Start Type: Rolling Start
Fuel Amount: 100%
Weather: Dynamic Weather
Time of Day: Afternoon

Pre-Race Interview
1. Round 2 at Sebring brought on some excellent racing. How did this race go for you?
2. Second road course is Barber - do you like this car/track combination?
3. Many of us use add-on apps for in-race timing data or pit-stop/pit crew assistance. Which do you use/prefer?

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Pre-Race Interview[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. Round 2 at Sebring brought on some excellent racing. How did this race go for you?[/font]

Overall pretty good. Unsurprisingly I was lacking pace a bit, but Sebring has never been a strong track for me in any car. I succumbed to pressure at the start and found myself at the back of the pack. I managed to not make any major mistakes for the rest of the race however and will take the result happily. 

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. Second road course is Barber - do you like this car/track combination?[/font]

I think it's a good combo. Similar to driving around Laguna Seca. Might be tough to overtake unless you get brave on the brakes. Otherwise it feels a bit like a rollercoaster ride going around here! I am still breaking pro Mazda habits so took a few tries to actually get around the track haha. 

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. Many of us use add-on apps for in-race timing data or pit-stop/pit crew assistance. Which do you use/prefer? [/font]
I used to use ir pitcrew to manage fuel, but it was messing with my pit stops by not letting me take tires, so I have stopped until I get that fixed. I did start using crewcheif though, and it has gotten pretty good over the last few years. Worth a try for anyone looking for something that can do voice recognition. Plus having the spotter swear at me and call me by name when I screw up is pretty fun haha. 

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Full Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
1. Round 2 at Sebring brought on some excellent racing. How did this race go for you?
The race went pretty well. Owen, Ray and myself had a good battle for a while in the beginning. Ray had a small mishap which let me and owen pull away. We ran conservatively but once i took over the lead I spun and damaged my rear wing. Pitted and thought I fixed the issue but I was never back up to the same pace, atleast I didn't think so. Finished second due to Owen's unfortunate spin. But it was a fun race and I am pleased so far with team Cash for Crash showings.

I think this will be an awesome course for this car! This is a fun track and to have a fast true open wheel car to drive it will be a blast. I expect a lot of mistakes on my part for the next 2 hours of practice lol.

3. Many of us use add-on apps for in-race timing data or pit-stop/pit crew assistance. Which do you use/prefer?
I use Ispeed for fuel information. I want something better but haven't had time to set it up. For being yelled at I just listen to Tyler!

Ray Kingsbury

1. I think it went a lot better than expected. We made a mistake early, but managed to make it back to take the W after pressuring Owen into a mistake.
2. I normally am not a fan of Barber, but with this new car it seems I am a fan of every track. I did the official series race here on Monday and it felt great.
3. I don't use anything at present. I used to use an app that spat out fuel numbers, but it no longer works.