Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 1 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for 2022 Season 1 are currently open for all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Round 3: Bahrain - Bahrain International Circuit (19Apr18 @ 9pm EDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S1
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Bahrain.png

Last Season's Results:
1st: ForzaAlonso14
2nd: McSendit
3rd: AerosStrike
Pole: ForzaAlonso14 (1.28.339)
FL: Lance Stroll (1.30.256)

Pre-Race Interview:
1) This week we are out in the desert where the weather will not play a role.  How do you need the car to handle here?
2) Another factor here is this is a twilight, almost dark race.  Does this have any impact for you?
3) Why do you think this track has produced a lot of good races over the past few years IRL?  Which track is most fun for you to battle at in this game?

Odemdemz98

Name
1) This week we are out in the desert where the weather will not play a role.  How do you need the car to handle here?

Need it to be good on worn tyres, cause it's going to need to be.
2) Another factor here is this is a twilight, almost dark race.  Does this have any impact for you? 

No not really. Looks cool though.
3) Why do you think this track has produced a lot of good races over the past few years IRL?  Which track is most fun for you to battle at in this game?

This is my favorite track for this reason. Many places to overtake and a lot of technical corners as well. 

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
1) This week we are out in the desert where the weather will not play a role.  How do you need the car to handle here?
I tend to focus on running as little downforce as I need to handle turns 6,7 & 12. I want a fast car in a straight line, as most overtakes are done following longish straights. 
2) Another factor here is this is a twilight, almost dark race.  Does this have any impact for you?
No impact other than I love how the cars look under the lights!

3) Why do you think this track has produced a lot of good races over the past few years IRL?  Which track is most fun for you to battle at in this game?
As Odemz said, we have a lot of overtaking places here, and in general the track is wide enough to see a lot of side by side battles. It's a fun track and there is usually not a tremendous lap time difference. Double DRS keeps the cars close as well.

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
Brakes are very crucial at this track.  Turn 1 and Turn 9-10 are sections where its very easy to lock up in.  If you lock up too much in T9 and T10 you can easily go straight off into the sand.

If I remember the time of day is wrong for this track.  I believe the PC guys are actually setting it to night.  I'll have to look at my video from last yr to confirm... maybe we should do the same.

The track is wide and you can take a few different lines when trying to get past so it makes for interesting racing.  My favorite tracks for battling is probably here, China, Silverstone, and Spa.  All are fairly wide tracks and honestly probably my favorite ones as well not counting Japan.

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
Just so everyone knows Bahrain will be set to Night to practice on that setting.

XSYSE

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S4
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2021/S4
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S1
Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
1) This week we are out in the desert where the weather will not play a role. How do you need the car to handle here?

Just keep that backend stable and I should have a clean race.

2) Another factor here is this is a twilight, almost dark race. Does this have any impact for you?

Lack of experience in general, so twilight won't change anything.

3) Why do you think this track has produced a lot of good races over the past few years IRL? Which track is most fun for you to battle at in this game?

This track is tricky but traceable, I like it the best so far.

drewdawg727

Name
1) This week we are out in the desert where the weather will not play a role. How do you need the car to handle here?

Low downforce to be quick down the straightaways but enough mechanical grip to get through the more technical parts.

2) Another factor here is this is a twilight, almost dark race. Does this have any impact for you?

Theoretically the car should be set up a bit differently for a cooler track temp, but codemasters doesn't account for that stuff so no impact really.

3) Why do you think this track has produced a lot of good races over the past few years IRL? Which track is most fun for you to battle at in this game?

Well, any track that has long straightaways and heavy braking tend to put on good shows because it's a race to see who can get the car stopped quickly to complete an overtake. The change in configuration after they left the track in 2010 has been fantastic since it has returned. I'm learning that my achilles heel in this game is braking as I am unable to be as late on the brakes as most others so I am hoping I have enough pace to not have to worry about such maneuvers tonight.
I've had fantastic battles with drivers at Silverstone, Spa, Russia, and Canada - but i'd say over half the tracks on the calendar produce great places to battle.

McSendit

Name

It's one of those tracks you want as low downforce as possible, but too low and you're gonna start to suffer in the technical parts. I tend to err on the side of higher downforce rather than low at most tracks, which gives me the confidence to push at my limit for the whole race.

Not really. I was hoping it would significantly decrease the tire wear being at night, but I tested it and found it to be about the same.

As Woodyz said, tracks with long straights and heavy braking zones encourage battles to happen. Personally, I think USA is the best track for wheel to wheel battles, because it has 4 heavy braking zones that are great overtaking opportunities, plus an amazing S section.

jrod15243

Name
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1) This week we are out in the desert where the weather will not play a role. How do you need the car to handle here?[/font]

Good turn-in/front grip is very important for me at this track given you lose so much time in the medium speed corners if you go too deep. Hoping for a big result after running no TC in Australia caused a DNF, and a silly spin in China cost me 2-3 positions. 

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2) Another factor here is this is a twilight, almost dark race. Does this have any impact for you?[/font]
Not much. Probably causes you to have a bit less grip overall, but looking forward to the night race and should make for an awesome broadcast on Twitch. 

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3) Why do you think this track has produced a lot of good races over the past few years IRL? Which track is most fun for you to battle at in this game?[/font]
Lots of opportunities for overtaking at turns 1/4/8/11/14 and a few good DRS zones to help keep cars close. Surprisingly, Abu Dhabi has always produced a lot of good battles for me in the F1 games. 

Dano1Z

Name
Daniel Zegers
iRacing ID

As others have said, too much down force can spell disaster in the corners. So throughout practice I've been searching for that good balance of speed and control with some luck to this point. Hopefully my peace carries over into qualifying.

Racing under the lights at any venue always seems to be a special event. Should be a good event for both streamers and racers.

Long straights and higher speed chicanes with elevation change lead to some unpredictable mistakes and some very exciting racing. Bahrain is a very exciting track for those reasons so should be some fun racing. My favorite track to battle is in Brazil at Interlagos. Not a lot of room to overtake but when there is, you have to be on rails as racers.

prowlerXYZ

Name
1) This week we are out in the desert where the weather will not play a role.  How do you need the car to handle here?
Finding the right balance will be super important. You want low downforce for the straights but there are also a few winding corners where you want that extra downforce so having a setup that provides both through the whole race but doesn't wear on the tires too much will be key.

2) Another factor here is this is a twilight, almost dark race.  Does this have any impact for you?
Not really. It'll look cool I'm sure so looking forward to racing under lights.

3) Why do you think this track has produced a lot of good races over the past few years IRL?  Which track is most fun for you to battle at in this game?
A few long straights and some wide winding corners create a lot of opportunities for cars to get some wheel-to-wheel action here. I've had some great races in Canada. It's a not a very complex track but if you're up for some fun racing, that's the place to be.

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Q: 3rd

Personal best lap when it counted!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_xmJVKreq0

R: 4th

Got stuck on outside of turn 1 and Forza was able to get through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_-4XkjfVLQ

Held P4 until my pit stop. I went in 1 lap after the top 3. Came out behind Ch4p and was able to set him up for a clean pass a lap later.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gx2oaKiPlg

Not much in the way of highlights, just a good clean race for me and my best finish since season 8!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLEkLzUhlzA

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
Quali: P5
Race: P7

[youtube]RMSg8WbD5gk[/youtube]
Not the best of weeks for myself.  After the first quali stint I did notice that there was a setup glitch.  I was able to make the change but did not get the lap good enough that put me into P5.

As the lights went out I did not get the best start.  Bemoore got past and I just held off Aero.  I was able to make a move on the outside of a Redbull I believe which I liked and then I was quickly catching Bemoore.  

Going up the hill in the 3rd sector we were side by side.  He had to let off a little it looked like and I was on the inside.  Unfortunately for myself he didn't leave me any room and my car spun.

From there my tires felt so slippery so I changed to a 2 stop.  I was back around P12 or P13 and lucky made it back to P7.  Not a good week but got a few points.  Luckily Woody was able to grab a few more!