Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 3: Bahrain - Bahrain International Circuit (14Oct17 @ 7pm BST)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Bahrain.png

Division 1:
Session host is Michemery​
Qualifying starts at 7:00pm (UK time) followed by the race​

Division 2:
Session host is Macca​
Qualifying starts at 7:00pm (UK time) followed by the race​

Fact File: Driver of the day for the opening race of Division 1 was Jume. The Spaniard drove brilliantly throughout the race and claimed his first win of the season at the opening race. ​
[ul]
[li]Deki106 is the only driver from any division to have won from pole position so far. [/li]
[li]Xjari was the most selected driver across both divisions to take a win at round 2, 5 out of the 8 predictions, predicted Xjari to win. [/li]
[li]Interestingly the Division 1 Renault team are bottom of the constructors, in contrast the Division 2 Renault team are topping the constructors.[/li]
[/ul]

Pre-Race Questions:
Division 1.
[ol]
[li]Haribo1334 made an impressive debut, finishing the race in 2nd place. The last driver to have matched this debut performance was Deki106 who also finished 2nd in his first race (Singapore S14). Could we see these fighting it out for the title?[/li]
[li]Mercedes had a poor showing at China, with only one driver getting inside the points, was this an uncharacteristic performance? Or are they maybe not as clear constructor title favourites as people once thought.[/li]
[li]Last season at Bahrain we saw an incredible race - 2 safety cars, different strategies and punctures. Could we see the same again in terms of action? This is one of Ne-yo's favourite tracks, could we see Red Bull get their first win of the season? Kuba also showed great pace at China.[/li]
[/ol]
Division 2.
[ol]
[li]First race completed, did anyone's pace, or lack of, surprise you?[/li]
[li]In real life F1 we are heading to Austin with Hamilton on the verge of the title. Come Austin in our season which drivers do you think will still realistically be in a chance of winning the championship?[/li]
[li]How have you found the running/organising of D2? Any improvements that could be made or general comments.[/li]
[/ol]

Jume96

1. For sure. They are in the fight right now and they have shown his level.

2. Carre had bad luck. I think he is the fastest so, Mercedes still being the favourite.

3. There is no SC, I do not think so. Neyo will get a DNF at Bahrain

Oldskool3000

Premium Member
[ol]
[li]First race completed, did anyone's pace, or lack of, surprise you?[/li]

[/ol]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Well after my first lap screw up I still persisted with a one stop and was lapped by both v5 and Stevo. Considering I was on mediums I was pleasantly surprised with my pace compared to the race leaders. I feel quite a few prioritised qualifying over race pace.[/font]
[ol]
[li]In real life F1 we are heading to Austin with Hamilton on the verge of the title. Come Austin in our season which drivers do you think will still realistically be in a chance of winning the championship?[/li]

[/ol]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I suspect Armytricks have it down up by then[/font]
[ol]
[li]How have you found the running/organising of D2? Any improvements that could be made or general comments.[/li]

[/ol]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The fact people take time to organise this is great. The bigger problem is people signing up and not taking part. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]As someone who didn't do the practice races this might seem hypocritical but I would say if you don't participate in at least one of them you shouldn't enter[/font]

Smithy

Premium Member
[ol]
[li]Yes, both of them are very quick, and will definitely be fighting each other for the title - but i also think there are more people fighting for the title, the league is very close in pace, and as China showed Rikkurich and Kuba definitely had the pace to be with Deki and Haribo. Hopefully it could be a 4-5 person title fight.[/li]
[li]I think this was an uncharacteristic performance, Carre got very unlucky, same with Mich too. So i think they will bounce back in Bahrain. However i do think the constructors is more open the people think. I dont think there is a single team i could bet money on too win, its to close.[/li]
[li]Hopefully, I think it is quite an easy track to follow, and it is a great track for side by side action, very wide and the nature of the corners make them good for battling. My dream race would be a 8 car group all within 3 seconds from 8th to 1st (hopefully id be in that xD). I honestly could see that happening, we saw a group of 4 in China, so hopefully its a good race. I think its definitely a possibility, Neyo will be itching to get a win, having come close in both races. Kuba will also be coming in hot, as i think he will be kicking himself for choosing the wrong strategy. [/li]
[/ol]

ne-yo1993

Premium Member
1. Hard to say for me cause I have no idea how quick haribo in dry conditions is. Haven't seen his one-lap or longrun pace in the dry yet + china might have been a strong track for him. So I can't really tell

2. As I said before this season, they won't have it easy. We have like 7-8 driver on the grid who are able to win races. So little things can decide a race & you need a perfect performance to win a race in prl.
Ferrari, RedBull, McLaren & Sauber (if haribo replaces liam) are able to beat mercedes imo.

3. This is not my favourite track but I really like driving on this circuit. Especially at night.
My one-lap pace is good, not sure about my longrun pace but it won't be too bad.
Your grid position will be very important once again cause it will be very close. To create a gap to the driver behind is also difficult cause of the 2 drs zones. So this track has it all to deliver a great race.
Kuba is again a man to watch at bahrain. People slowly start to realise how quick he & RedBull this season is. I'm sure at least 1 RedBull will be on the podium

Macca

Premium Member
ne-yo1993 said:
Jume96 said:

I swear to god, I'll visit you in spain if you crash into me on saturday xD

You should also get sime driving tips from him while you’re there. You might win a race this season 

ne-yo1993

Premium Member
Macca said:
ne-yo1993 said:
Jume96 said:

You should also get sime driving tips from him while you’re there. You might win a race this season 

Mhhh..I'm first in both championships..I think I'm fine honey ;p 

Macca

Premium Member
ne-yo1993 said:
Macca said:
ne-yo1993 said:

Well you’re not....because I’ve not updated the results and standings yet 

ne-yo1993

Premium Member
Macca said:
ne-yo1993 said:
Macca said:

Well you’re not....because I’ve not updated the results and standings yet 

You haven't updated them because you are lazy af & seeing me leading the constructors with a upgraded version of you (Kuba) makes you going crazy. Like a primadonna xD

A

armytricks

1. No surprises in my opinion, everyone was about where I expected them although there were a few people who didn't quite match their practice pace on the day.
2. Not sure really, there's so many races to go and anything could happen. I feel like the title might be decided by absences; for example V5 is on holiday for two weeks which means he'll lose out on two potentially critical race wins/podiums.
3. It's been good in general, although a few more organised practice sessions would be nice. The real problem though is the lack of attendance from people who signed up and don't join races without any notice. It's still fun, but I feel the races would be much better with 18-20 grid slots filled. On a side note: Someone please update D2 standings - we don't even have a roster yet and it has been nearly three weeks since the season started. xD

Macca

Premium Member
1. First race completed, did anyone's pace, or lack of, surprise you?
My own, not very good at all

2. In real life F1 we are heading to Austin with Hamilton on the verge of the title. Come Austin in our season which drivers do you think will still realistically be in a chance of winning the championship?
Hard to say given we have low numbers and drivers will be missing weeks

3. How have you found the running/organising of D2? Any improvements that could be made or general comments.
N/A

ibbopaul

Going to have to miss this race PSN run out and not enough in bank i hoped there would be.

PS if anyone knows of anyone that needs a bookkeeper, mates rates let me know. Don't want this to happen again.

RJW_Videos

Great Race
I have to say the Merc at the front was too fast for anyone. Well raced
I struggled. I lost my front wing at the start and didn't gain anymore places but Well raced to everyone else