Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 1 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for 2022 Season 1 are currently open for all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Round 3: Bahrain - Bahrain International Circuit (11Oct17 @ 8:15pm AEDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S1
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Bahrain.png

Last Season's Results (F1 2014):
1st: mightymurph51
2nd: Dubzzy__
3rd: El_Majacko
Pole: Dubzzy__ (1.32.110)
Fastest Lap: El_Majacko (1.32.897)

Pre-race Questions by danirox88! 

1. What time do you think will secure pole around here? 
2. Where do you think you'll finish this race? 
3. Do you like/dislike this track and why? 
4. Who is your favourite F1 driver in real life (any era)? 

El_Majacko

Name
1. What time do you think will secure pole around here?
21 seconds.
2. Where do you think you'll finish this race?
Bahrain.
3. Do you like/dislike this track and why?
Used to like it, kind of boring now. Very bland.
4. Who is your favourite F1 driver in real life (any era)?
Prost. Closely followed by Ascari and Alonso.

El_Majacko

Name
Q: 1st
Managed to set my PB which was just enough for pole.

R: 1st
Unlucky for Whan to drop out instantly, but that meant P4 was vacant. Alex and V6 were also unlucky to suffer disqualifications. Towards turn 1 I had a good enough start to cover the inside. I briefly pulled away, but dreglar got free of 3rd and chased me down. He was visibly quicker but pit at the end of lap 6 to adopt a 2 stop. Maznat and I were left up front as the 1 stoppers forged ahead. He undercut a second or so out of my lead, but I was still comfortable. The gap yoyoed as I tried to preserve the tyre life while making sure he wouldn't get DRS. In the end the tyres were fine, and I was able to win the race! Congrats to maz and wayne on their podiums, and indeed dani for a decent recovery to 4th.

dreglar

Name
Q: 2nd - Was pretty conservative in the final sector on my best lap so I feel I had the pace for pole. I ran out of fuel on my in lap and only just got back into the pits in time to complete a second run but didn't realise the engine was still in lean mode until halfway through my next flyer so couldn't improve. Great lap from Jacko though!

R: 5th - A very messy race from me and ultimately let a podium and probably a win slip. Got a good start and followed Jacko round through the first few laps. Craig got a run with DRS on lap 3 and we had a good battle through the next few laps but I eventually managed to pull away and catch back up to Jacko. Just as I got to his tail (lap 6ish) I decided to pit to use my apparent pace advantage and try a 2 stop. I came out behind Travis (my team-mate). He ran wide in turn 4 and I thought he was letting me through in the fast 5/6 complex but the misunderstanding meant we touched (sorry Travis!) and we both half spun. While I waited for him to recover in front, Craig slipped through.
As Craig was on mediums and I was on softs I was able to catch him pretty quickly but he defended well into turn 1. I got a run the next lap and tried for the switchback as he parked it on the apex of 1. I had good traction and was alongside through 2/3 but perhaps he didn't see me as he came across but I didn't have anywhere else to go (I was already almost off the track) and we both got tangled up on the big curb there. Unfortunately Craig ended up the fence and I lost part of my front wing.
This let HSV through and basically scuppered any chance of a win as I had lost so much time with these two tangles. I carried on with the damaged wing but the understeer was killing my pace so I decided to pit for mediums and a new wing on lap 16 ish. I came out well behind in about 9th but a few in front pitted which promoted me to 6th and I passed Kart on track to get up to 5th but 1 stopping Dani was too far in front. My pace was pretty strong and I closed by about 15seconds before the flag but still, a big missed opportunity for a strong result. On to next week!