Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 2: Williams Grove Speedway (24 Sep)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Williams_Grove_Speedway.png

Sponsored by JC Accounting & Payroll (Rory Collins)

Time of day: Night
Features: 40 laps
Heats: 12 laps
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 1

John LaBaff

Premium Member
Full Name
John LaBaff
iRacing ID
pre race interviews

1. After race 1 what is your thoughts on the setup other then the gas issue
2. with the field growing in size do you feel we should split the mains up to an A and B main to limit cars in the A main
3. with Nascar entering the play offs whos your pic to win it

Billy Rowlee

I vote we leave the setup alone, and just put fuel in. The wing makes a huge difference to make the car tighter. Sprint cars you roll the wing back the looser the car gets. These cars are hard to drive, and when you have a loose car, it puts the driver back into the equation. I don't really want to run around everywhere wide open in a freight train. Knoxville we could pass cars on the bottom, on the top, and thru the middle with a slider if needed, all based on wing adjustments and throttle control.

2. with the field growing in size do you feel we should split the mains up to an A and B main to limit cars in the A main
I think we should do standard dirt formats if we get enough cars for a B main. Hotlap - Qualify - Heat races - Mains.

If we're taking lets say 5 cars out of each heat to the feature, and then having 4 come out of the B main for a 24 car field, then we should invert 6 in the heats, and then line the B main up on finishing order of those that didn't make it.

What's nascar? Donny Schatz is leading outlaw points, and Brad Sweet is closing in a bit though. Hopefully enough to take it, but it's hard to overcome 19 wins.

GameOfJobes

Premium Member
1. After race 1 what are your thoughts on the setup, other then the gas issue?

I think the cars are quite a bit different than they were in season 1 and the wing adjustments definitely change them dramatically. If we stick with the current setup rules I will need to learn the adjustments to make sure I'm getting the most out of the car, but taking the wing adjustments out of the equation does interest me. If everyone has the same car, it's up to the driver to adjust to the current track state.

2. With the field growing in size, do you feel we should split the mains up to an A and B main to limit cars in the A main?

I'm fine with a 20 car A-Main on a big track. Now when we get to Limaland we might all be crying for smaller field sizes, but I like a good lap car challenge.

3. With Nascar entering the play offs, who is your pick to win it?

Going off of season long performance I think it would be easy to pick one of three guys, but it looks like the Chevy guys have started to figure their cars out and wouldn't you know, the Penske team has won 2 straight just as it's time to start racing. I'm thinking a "sleeper" takes it all, and I'm hoping it's Kyle Larson.

I vote to change the stagger so you have the option to change the wing position so the guys who cant drive loose cars can actually compete with others without wrecking and will make the racing overall better in many ways. If you do this then you will have 1: Less Cautions 2: Less Incidents 3: More Contenders Battling For Positions.

Yes I think there should be a A & a B main because alot of people have bad races every once in awhile & if they are good enough they will transfer to the A main from the B main (top 5 transfer) and start the A Main with 20 cars total maybe??

What is NASCAR? I dont know why they drive 500 miles in circles and still dont manage to end up at a real race track #DIRT.

Rory Collins

i thought the gear was a click too low

Limit the A main to 22 cars. No provisionals.

If they ever stop with the playoff and stage racing stuff i may start watching it again.

JeffSteward72

Premium Member

Loose but fun!

Either way is good with me. Having a B wouldn't be bad and makes me want to race harder.

Going with Kyle Larson just because.

John LaBaff

Premium Member
Full Name
John LaBaff
iRacing ID
ok guys I have been told the car is very loose on 30 gallons and this track so I will do some testing today and let everyone know if there are going to be changes. My suggestion get some practice in not every race is gonna be a perfect setup or a parade if ya know what I mean

John LaBaff

Premium Member
Full Name
John LaBaff
iRacing ID
after doing several 40 lap runs and different track states I feel that are drivers can handle the car just fine yes she will be loose but yall have today and tomorrow to practice remember 30 gallons of fuel folks and that the baseline for Williams grove will be used. Thank You

Ken Osborne

wasn't here for race 1, but I feel like everyone in here can handle a loose car

Im with Billy on this, we should be running a regular dirt format. Take 16 cars from the heats to the A-main and run a B-main to determine the final 4 starters.

I really avoid NASCAR, but if I have to pick someone to win it I will go with anyone from Stewart-Haas

MikeTaylor

John LaBaff said:
pre race interviews

1. The set up was fine by me. I was driving with an injured shoulder which caused my early exit. Hopefully I can have some redemption at Williams Grove 

2. No. The more the better. I would limit it to maybe about 25 cars tho.

3. My pick is still gunna be Jimmie Johnson gets his 8th championship. However theres alot of strong contenders this year in the playoffs. 

RKJ01

Way loose compared to how I usually have it, I will need to adjust big time.

I think probably 20 to 24 max for the feature

Would like Kyle Larson to win because that kid is a champion, met him a few times when he came down to Australia to race Sprintcars.