Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

  • RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

    Hi Guest,

    We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

    Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

    Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 2: Watkins Glen International - Boot (June 25)

What is your favorite American road circuit (in iRacing Service)?

  • Daytona Road

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Laguna Seca

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Road America

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Road Atlanta

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Sebring

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Sonoma

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Watkins Glen

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 2 7.7%

  • Total voters
    26
  • Poll closed .

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Tyler Gore
Joined
Feb 11, 2017
Messages
3,434
Age
38
Location
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
iRacing ID
194814
Watkins Glen International - Boot.png

 

Time of day: Noon
Practice: 12:00 PM (in-game time)
Qualifying: 2:40 PM (in-game time)
Race: 2:55 PM (in-game time)
Race Length: 60 minutes
Max Incidents: 24
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-race Notes

Welcome to Round 2! Watkins! 
I hope that everyone who participated in the 6 hours at the Glen had a good race!

Now that Round 1 is over and tempers have cooled, somewhat, I want to say that they were fairly clean races. Although there were some incidents, I thought it was a lot more tame than I had planned for.

With that, flashing your lights is strictly to be used when passing a LAPPED car. This does not mean flash your lights to distract a driver that is on the same lead lap as you. You can flash your lights when crossing the finish at the END of the race in celebration for finishing, winning, or what have you.  If you are being harassed by flashing lights in the future, that is protestable and our stewards will take the necessary actions to penalise and mitigate further incidents.

New Rule: Discord will no longer be required for use.  This was a mandatory rule in the past due to PRL being a league across multiple platforms and games. Now that we have gone strictly iRacing, for the most part, we feel that Discord no longer has to be used for pre-race. The iRacing service will be used going forward. If you have muted in game chat, please unmute it prior to the pre-race notes.  


I’d like to thank Jerome for reading my notes for the Div 1 guys as I enjoy my vacation at Sanibel Island, FL. I do wish it wasn’t Watkins week but the beach and fishing is more fun! HA!
 

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Erik Luke
Joined
Jan 8, 2018
Messages
617
Location
Florida
iRacing ID
308605
Since I am fresh off the 6 hours of the Glenn, can I race on Tuesday as a wild card?
 

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Erik Luke
Joined
Jan 8, 2018
Messages
617
Location
Florida
iRacing ID
308605
Gary Schilling said:
Why are you guys not running under the PRL banner ?


You mean the endurance series?

I would suspect it's because it's Paul's team that was formed long before PRL was running a team, and he is who invited me to join his team.  I am also not going to assume that PRL want's me or anyone else to run under their name sake without inviting me (or said persons) to do so.  Paul is pretty much stuck with me until he gets tired of my lame jokes.    
 

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
Joined
Nov 29, 2017
Messages
1,071
Age
64
Location
USA North Carolina Southport
iRacing ID
100437
http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=22

And I notice it was just you & Mark running the Glen.
All & all the PRL teams did pretty well.
Even the GT3 team I was on finshed 2nd in class.
Every PRL member is welcome. If someone is on a team that's not a member, just invite them to join.
 

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Erik Luke
Joined
Jan 8, 2018
Messages
617
Location
Florida
iRacing ID
308605
Gary Schilling said:
http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=22

And I notice it was just you & Mark running the Glen.
All & all the PRL teams did pretty well.
Even the GT3 team I was on finshed 2nd in class.
Every PRL member is welcome. If someone is on a team that's not a member, just invite them to join.


I'm not looking to join a team because I'm already on a team (2 actually).  I only do endurance races for the people I am running the race with.  The racing is actually secondary to me.  I don't care about results, it's just a good time hanging among friends.  

I ran it with Mark because he had never ran an endurance event before even though I ran with Eagle Vision on Friday.  If it wasn't for Mark I wouldn't have done it again.      
 

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
Joined
Nov 29, 2017
Messages
1,071
Age
64
Location
USA North Carolina Southport
iRacing ID
100437
In your case, you would not be joing a different team, just renaming it.
I could see that being a problem if iRacing actually ran it like a series and kept a running points tally towards a championship.
 

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Tyler Gore
Joined
Feb 11, 2017
Messages
3,434
Age
38
Location
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
iRacing ID
194814
Let's keep the endurance discussion out of this race topic. You going to let Erik run tomorrow as a privateer in div 2?
 

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
10,726
Age
35
Location
Nicolet, QC, Canada
iRacing ID
177904
Unfortunately Erik, we can't take a decision for this before the race. It's a too short notice so we call talk this with organiser and managers. Also, in the past, we never allow that and I'm afraid that if we start doing this, then we may have more driver that would like to do the same and we shall put us in a situation we don't want to manage 😉
 

FKNCommishLB

Well-known member
Name
James LeBlond
Joined
Jan 9, 2018
Messages
105
Location
Biddeford, ME USA
iRacing ID
281500
jeromef1 said:
Unfortunately Erik, we can't take a decision for this before the race. It's a too short notice so we call talk this with organiser and managers. Also, in the past, we never allow that and I'm afraid that if we start doing this, then we may have more driver that would like to do the same and we shall put us in a situation we don't want to manage 😉

I appreciate this, Jerome. No offense or disrespect intended Erik, but I'm kind of disappointed you even asked to just jump in at all. You have been in PRL longer than I have, and should understand the rules and process in place. You could have chosen to sign up for the Tuesday series once again if you really wanted to be in races like this. 

I would be terribly disappointed if we start having random cameo appearances for a race here or there. Too many variables in place, including affecting the flow of those who are racing against each other for 10 weeks.
 

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Erik Luke
Joined
Jan 8, 2018
Messages
617
Location
Florida
iRacing ID
308605
FKNCommishLB said:
jeromef1 said:
Unfortunately Erik, we can't take a decision for this before the race. It's a too short notice so we call talk this with organiser and managers. Also, in the past, we never allow that and I'm afraid that if we start doing this, then we may have more driver that would like to do the same and we shall put us in a situation we don't want to manage 😉

I appreciate this, Jerome. No offense or disrespect intended Erik, but I'm kind of disappointed you even asked to just jump in at all. You have been in PRL longer than I have, and should understand the rules and process in place. You could have chosen to sign up for the Tuesday series once again if you really wanted to be in races like this. 

I would be terribly disappointed if we start having random cameo appearances for a race here or there. Too many variables in place, including affecting the flow of those who are racing against each other for 10 weeks.

I understand the decision and I am good with that.

As for asking to race.  I'm not racing two series because I don't have time to commit to two different types of cars and be safe/competitive.  The fact that I recently have over 500 laps in the GTE car here means I could run it without being a danger to myself or others.  The organizers have allowed wild card racers in other series in the past, plus they allow stand by/late joiners to enter the series as well, so I'm not sure where you are going with "affecting the flow".  I have been a good standing member for some time and do not have a history of driving stupid in a no stupid zone, so to me the request is not out of the ordinary.  I would also have no issues should the roles be reversed in the series I run in.     
 

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
Joined
Nov 29, 2017
Messages
1,071
Age
64
Location
USA North Carolina Southport
iRacing ID
100437
The biggest problem I see is taking away points from someone who is in it for the championship
That's what I beleive James is refering to.
On top of that if it were allowed, it would not be in D2 due to your iRating.
 

Spinn

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Spencer Semkowich
Joined
Jun 8, 2019
Messages
193
Location
Edmonton, AB, Canada
iRacing ID
366735
The forecast tonight is 60% chance of rain / thunder, which means a 40% chance of my daughter's final soccer game not being cancelled. Given the way the soccer season has gone so far, I think my odds of sitting in a wet field getting eaten by mosquitoes is better than sitting at my computer tonight.

Here's hoping though - may the odds be ever in my favour!
 

PBenz

Member
Name
Joined
Jun 4, 2019
Messages
5
Location
FL
As I am out of town on vacation, I will unfortunately have to miss tonight's race. See you all next week, and hope you all have a good race.
 

Spinn

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Spencer Semkowich
Joined
Jun 8, 2019
Messages
193
Location
Edmonton, AB, Canada
iRacing ID
366735
Spinn said:
The forecast tonight is 60% chance of rain / thunder, which means a 40% chance of my daughter's final soccer game not being cancelled.  Given the way the soccer season has gone so far, I think my odds of sitting in a wet field getting eaten by mosquitoes is better than sitting at my computer tonight.

Here's hoping though - may the odds be ever in my favour!
She's got the stomach flu!  Whoo hoo!  

Um, I mean that's terrible, so sad indeed.

Now, pretty sure stomach flu means no year-end piano recital too, right?

Pleeze???
 

Cody Bauman

Member
Name
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
19
Location
Ontario
So iRacing is being stubborn for me. I changed my car number to what it should be for tonight's race yet it reverted to my other number after registering for and joining the lobby. Changed it again just now, hopefully it will register properly this time. Anyone ever have this happen to them?
 

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Name
Dany Duchesne
Joined
Feb 1, 2017
Messages
1,705
Age
56
Location
Québec City, Qc, Canada
iRacing ID
66775
Cody Bauman said:
So iRacing is being stubborn for me. I changed my car number to what it should be for tonight's race yet it reverted to my other number after registering for and joining the lobby. Changed it again just now, hopefully it will register properly this time. Anyone ever have this happen to them?

Once you join, you cannot change you #, it will take effect for next race
 

Cody Bauman

Member
Name
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
19
Location
Ontario
SharkV said:
Cody Bauman said:
So iRacing is being stubborn for me. I changed my car number to what it should be for tonight's race yet it reverted to my other number after registering for and joining the lobby. Changed it again just now, hopefully it will register properly this time. Anyone ever have this happen to them?

Once you join, you cannot change you #, it will take effect for next race

Figured as much. Still have no clue why it didn't register my change as I was sure to change before registering for the lobby, and even went back to the screen to verify it was correct, which it was. Kinda sucks since there is a points penalty for joining with incorrect car number.
 
Top