Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 2: Talladega Superspeedway (Sep 30)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Talladega%20Superspeedway.png

Race Length: 50 laps
Max Incidents: 24
Fuel Limit: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Kemosobie03

Premium Member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
So not too happy about my internet tonight, have a really bad storm rolling through and my internet didn't like it. Hopefully I'm not in trouble for just doing a start and park

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S3
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
2 races in, 2 first time winners! Gratz Zemke

ahunter27t

Premium Member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S3
Name
Austin Hunter
iRacing ID
First off, Great job everyone last night not destroying each other.

Now, for my complaint. I want to start it by saying, i understand that lap cars are in the race and are having their own race. That being said. Last night with just a few laps to go, i had lap cars that were not close to getting the lucky dog take me 3 wide while i was in the front pack. There was multiple times where i wanted to make a move to go to the front but couldn't because lap cars where in the way. While this isn't technically against the rules (That i know of) it is for sure against common courtesy to your fellow racers. Just try and be more aware of how you are affecting others races. Was it that important to 2 people that are not in the playoffs to change between 28th and 29th, where people that are in the playoffs couldn't move up from 10th because you were in the way. All i ask is to be aware of others, especially this season with the playoffs going on.

again great job to everyone for not causing the big one!

DominicBegin

Name
Dominic Bégin
iRacing ID
ahunter27t said:

Now, for my complaint. I want to start it by saying, i understand that lap cars are in the race and are having their own race. That being said. Last night with just a few laps to go, i had lap cars that were not close to getting the lucky dog take me 3 wide while i was in the front pack. There was multiple times where i wanted to make a move to go to the front but couldn't because lap cars where in the way. While this isn't technically against the rules (That i know of) it is for sure against common courtesy to your fellow racers. Just try and be more aware of how you are affecting others races. Was it that important to 2 people that are not in the playoffs to change between 28th and 29th, where people that are in the playoffs couldn't move up from 10th because you were in the way. All i ask is to be aware of others, especially this season with the playoffs going on.

While I get your point, there were 4 lap cars battling for the lucky dog with 3-4 to go. I battled until we got to the final lap where I dropped since it had no impact on my finish position. Racing hard on that last lap with leaders is something else tho, quite pointless if you ask me. We can't however get out of a fight for lucky dog on a track like Talladega until the final lap. Going 3 wide there is quite normal, hell this should had been the case for a lot more laps but for some reason most of the race was raced single file. I was behind you if I remember correctly until 2 to go. The pac was all together and it was not the lap cars that caused a gaggle up but the fact that all of the ppl up front were trying to get some positions before finish line. 

chatley59

Premium Member
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
DominicBegin said:
ahunter27t said:

While I get your point, there were 4 lap cars battling for the lucky dog with 3-4 to go. I battled until we got to the final lap where I dropped since it had no impact on my finish position. Racing hard on that last lap with leaders is something else tho, quite pointless if you ask me. We can't however get out of a fight for lucky dog on a track like Talladega until the final lap. Going 3 wide there is quite normal, hell this should had been the case for a lot more laps but for some reason most of the race was raced single file. I was behind you if I remember correctly until 2 to go. The pac was all together and it was not the lap cars that caused a gaggle up but the fact that all of the ppl up front were trying to get some positions before finish line. 

Once Charles (who was the lucky dog and in front of the pack) dropped to the back of the main pack with 3 laps to go, the others should have as well IMO

DominicBegin

Name
Dominic Bégin
iRacing ID
chatley59 said:
DominicBegin said:
ahunter27t said:

Once Charles (who was the lucky dog and in front of the pack) dropped to the back of the main pack with 3 laps to go, the others should have as well IMO

I have to disagree with you on that one Brandon, especialy in dega. There have been so many times where wrecks happened in the last 3 laps that to give away a chance to be on the lead lap for the end of the race is a choice. I know that ppl are fighting for the top 10 in there but it is not like you are actualy blocking people behind you ( I am talking for myself of course) I sure won't block somebody during these few laps because I am only there to get the lucky dog. I was 3 car behind Charles a bit before 3 to go so I clearly had a chance at the lucky dog too. Once that is behind you have to fall back safely which I did ( I dont know about the others tho).

Althought this is only my opinion and the way I see things in there. See you tonight :)