Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 2: Summit Point Raceway - Full Course (Sep. 23rd)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Summit Point - Main Circuit.png

Time of day at session start: Morning
Practice: 2019-05-15 7:52 am
Qualifying: 2019-05-15 10:52 am
Race: 2019-05-15 11:07 am
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 24
Max Fuel: 55%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 1

Pre-race interviews 

1) with one week under our belts with the Caddy did you enjoy her?

2) Did you take tires last week, or did you try your hand at the quicker pit stop, and did it pay off?

3)Summit Point main, have you been there in real life? Have you raced there in real life? Or do you like to run there in the Sim when ya can?

Mark Phile

Premium Member
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
Pre-race interviews are up!

I like the Caddy, fun to drive because it has a personality about it, meaning I won't turn if you push me, but i can also kill you on exit at the same time 🤣

2) Did you take tires last week, or did you try your hand at the quicker pit stop, and did it pay off?

I took the tires because I figured the ones i had on had been abused, and others in the chat told me the Caddy fuels and changes tires at the same time, so it only costs ya a few seconds either way. I was glad i took them, was nice having grip for the closing laps.

3)Summit Point main, have you been there in real life? Have you raced there in real life? Or do you like to run there in the Sim when ya can?

I did my first track day here this year on my bike, and I really liked it! The main straight is no joke, it goes for ever! There is a big problem with deer at the venue, so that sits in the back of your mind as you have it pinned 😬. They informed us that the deer problem is a very big issue to them, and they were currently constructing large fences that keeps them out.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID

Of course. The Caddy is like a cat. At first it's all nice and purring, and then next thing you know it's claws are buried in your retinas and it stole your wallet.

Took tires, I still died.

Never been there. I've been to Carolina Motorsports Park and Jennings GP. Summit point is like a cat...

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID

I like the car. Just need to put more time into getting used to.

Did not, should have.

Raced there several times. Long long ago.
Before any repaving, there were just patches eveywhere.
Know as "Slippery Point"

Video is of me {Crew Chief} and my 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650 . 
We just won a 6hr endurance race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MpjMW3d35E

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
-I had fun. I'm learning a lot about trail braking.

-I took tires, worth it as far as I can tell. I think the grip would be gone if I tried to go the distance on one set. Might be able to get away with just fronts....

-Never been. Looks like a great trackday circuit as there's a little of everything. I like it in the sim, but with the Caddy's wide ass, I'm betting on a few grass casualties.

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
Josh H said:
hey guys its looking like i wont be able to make this race sadly, my work schedule got changed today :\

No worries, man. Life happens. Thanks for letting us know.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
May be late but will be there in time for race start.

dan

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
My apologies to Troy Banks, taught that I left enough room for you to take the turn. Seems those cars have a bigger nose than the F3.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Dan and Jon that was some fun racing boys! These cars are a handful with bad tires. Look forward to next week!

Name
Well that was "something".

Woke up at 2:30am for this, got comfortable around the track (I wasn't looking forward to this tbh, don't really like Summit Point) in the 20 laps of practice I could use and apparently pace was good enough for Pole Position.
Then iRacing just froze on me during the switch to the race session, so instead of Pole Position it's starting from the pits behind 27 other Cadillacs - at a track where overtaking isn't really the easiest thing to do. :roll:

Was a bit pissed the whole race about that as the goal for the night shifted from winning to damage control.
Made up some places early on until I was near a bigger group of cars that I felt wouldn't be easy to deal with on this tight track and prepared to take an early pitstop to get a nice undercut going.
Didn't do that until I messed up a move into Turn 1 on Dany and overshot the corner a bit though; Sorry for that Dany, couple of meters too late from me. With that one of the numerous "green guys" :mrgreen:  went past me again and that was the moment I've had enough and pitted.

Pitstop took 2 seconds longer than the ones I did in practice, mood didn't improve. Back on track I had to deal with some guys who didn't pit yet again and lost some more valuable seconds getting those moves done - but in the end it's still a 4th place, which I consider as quite decent damage control coming from the back of the pack at such a track.

Hopefully no technical issues next time.

Edit: Thanks for the clean racing from everyone by the way, having not even a single car contact in such a race is quite amazing, thumbs up!

mclachlanol

Organizer
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Nils Sentkowski said:
Well that was "something".

Woke up at 2:30am for this, got comfortable around the track (I wasn't looking forward to this tbh, don't really like Summit Point) in the 20 laps of practice I could use and apparently pace was good enough for Pole Position.
Then iRacing just froze on me during the switch to the race session, so instead of Pole Position it's starting from the pits behind 27 other Cadillacs - at a track where overtaking isn't really the easiest thing to do. :roll:

Was a bit pissed the whole race about that as the goal for the night shifted from winning to damage control.
Made up some places early on until I was near a bigger group of cars that I felt wouldn't be easy to deal with on this tight track and prepared to take an early pitstop to get a nice undercut going.
Didn't do that until I messed up a move into Turn 1 on Dany and overshot the corner a bit though; Sorry for that Dany, couple of meters too late from me. With that one of the numerous "green guys" :mrgreen:  went past me again and that was the moment I've had enough and pitted.

Pitstop took 2 seconds longer than the ones I did in practice, mood didn't improve. Back on track I had to deal with some guys who didn't pit yet again and lost some more valuable seconds getting those moves done - but in the end it's still a 4th place, which I consider as quite decent damage control coming from the back of the pack at such a track.

Hopefully no technical issues next time.

Back of the pack to 4th place is pretty impressive at this track!

crich88848

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
Can management please post the official protest thread? I need to protest Mark for not running out of fuel early enough for me to pass him.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
crich88848 said:
Can management please post the official protest thread? I need to protest Mark for not running out of fuel early enough for me to pass him.

For you, the stewards will impose a 50 point penalty.

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
crich88848 said:

Link is at the top bruh

Mark Phile

Premium Member
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
Had a blast last night for sure! My one teammate paced me all night and we worked together with no issues. Knowing we had identical pace i dove in for the pit early to try and one up him. That worked but then I slowly realized im about to run out of gas 🤣. My last lap was a bunch of coasting and car was empty crossing the line, this damn Caddy is thirsty!

Richards step up your game buddy, poke more holes in my fuel tank 🤣

Nils good job getting back out there and landing p4, i was trying to hang with ya at the end, but your pace is incredible bud, i was happy to take p5 till it was all said and done.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Great battles out there.  Wish I had saved the replay, when I was following Cajun (david h) my plan was to do the opposite of him on pit strategy, so when he cruised by pit entrance I attempted to enter the pits at full speed locking up the brakes, needless to say it didn't work and I had to bail back onto the track just before the pit wall, felt like bo and luke jumping a ravine. Cajun, truly sorry about the dive bomb on the last corner lost focus for a second playing with the black boxes and missed the braking point, glad you came through unscathed.

Kenny Duval

Name
Kenny Duval
iRacing ID
Cristelli...that was all on me. Once I dropped a tire on the grass I failed to get it back under control and couldn't get it stopped on the grass in time to not nail you in the middle of the turn. Bad decision making on my part. That was the only part of the lap were I was a little stronger. I ran out of talent before I got it done. Feel free to smash into me next week.