Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 2: Sebring International Raceway - International / Afternoon (12 Apr)

bige3dalejr88

Premium Member

Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Race Length: 23 Laps
Start Type: Rolling Start
Fuel Amount: 100%
Weather: Dynamic Weather
Time of Day: Afternoon

Pre-Race Interview
1. With round 1 in the books - how are you feeling in this car?
2. Setting up this car is much more involved than the previous Pro Mazda - do you build your own setup? Use VRS or similar? 
3. Have you ever driven a real racecar? What was it?

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Full Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
1. Love the car still! Road course will be more fun but the race at Pheonix was enjoyable. With the pro mazda it just felt like we were racing an under powered car. I can definitely tell we are in very stiff competition for the ovals just hope I am not as far behind on the curve for the road races.

2. Luckily I received a great tip from Matt via someone else's mouth for the last setup which helped. Still was missing something. My start point is usually I go searching Setup Sync for a set then adjust from there. VRS now requires a da#m membership for the IC sets. Starting from scratch is too hard for me at the moment as I could spend hours screwing with just the dampers. I need to make a baseline but just don't have time yet.

3. Do karts count? Unfortunately that is all I have the money for.

mmaroadhog

Premium Member
Full Name
Samuel Doughty
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. With round 1 in the books - how are you feeling in this car?  I love this car...its smooth to handle and with the new aerodynamics it is fast so control and handling plays a major part in making your setup[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. Setting up this car is much more involved than the previous Pro Mazda - do you build your own setup? Use VRS or similar?   I use the VRS system[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. Have you ever driven a real racecar? What was it?  No I have not had the opportunity to drive a real race car yet but I have been on a couple of ride alongs[/font]

Ray Kingsbury

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. With round 1 in the books - how are you feeling in this car?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. Setting up this car is much more involved than the previous Pro Mazda - do you build your own setup? Use VRS or similar? [/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. Have you ever driven a real racecar? What was it?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. I'm feeling really good with the Dallara IR18. I seem to have figured out the car on the oval side, and I'm hoping this is the case on the road courses too. It feels really stable in comparison to the old Dallara DW12 at Sebring so far.
2. For the ovals, my setups are completely built from scratch alongside my brother. I've caught a few tips, tricks, and setups from my friends in the IndyCar community that has helped me out too, so thanks to them :).[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. Yes, but not really. I did a racing experience at the Waterford Speedbowl and got to drive one of their stock cars. It was definitely a ton of fun to be able to say I drove a machine with 650 horse power, and I definitely had it wide open past the red cones where I was supposed to be braking at were....[/font]

mclachlanol

Organizer
Full Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. With round 1 in the books - how are you feeling in this car?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. Setting up this car is much more involved than the previous Pro Mazda - do you build your own setup? Use VRS or similar? [/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. Have you ever driven a real racecar? What was it?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. Feels better every time I practice. I'm glad I finished at least one race without a crash. Let's see how the rest of the season goes.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. I'm starting with the default sets and slowly modifying to my driving style and working with my teammate sets as well.. The hard part is I'm still learning the car so it's harder to tell if the adjustments are working.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. Nope, I drive my Datsun 240Z to work, but I have to obey speed limits   :evil: [/font]

mclachlanol

Organizer
Full Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Hi guys, this is the set I'm working on so far. 1:41.6 is my fastest at 104tt. The fast guys are doing 1:40's and I even saw a 1:39 in practice.

Attachments

• SebringR.sto
    3 KB · Views: 3

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview
1. With round 1 in the books - how are you feeling in this car?

Not too bad.  I enjoy driving it anyways!  Still a lot to learn with it, and with my free time at an all time low, it will take quite a while before I am fully confident in the car.

2. Setting up this car is much more involved than the previous Pro Mazda - do you build your own setup? Use VRS or similar?

I usually swipe a baseline setup off the forums, and see how it feels.  Trouble is with me still finding my feet with the car, I have trouble making adjustments to the setups, as I usually feel issues are from driver error.  It was the same in the Pro Mazda, initially I changed my driving to suit the car, then as I became familiar with the car I started to tune it to suit my driving style more.

3. Have you ever driven a real racecar? What was it?

Sadly, no.  There is very little for tracks anywhere near where I live.  Do carts count?  :D

Thanks for sharing a set Owen, I will give it a try.  

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
SharkV said:
Won't race tonight.

My mother is in intensive care, she may not pass the night.

That's awful to hear Dany, I'm sure I can speak for everyone here in saying we wish you and your family the absolute best.