Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2023 Season 1 Signups now open to all !

Hi Guest, Signups for 2023 Season 1 are now open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Round 2: Phoenix Raceway - 2008 - Oval (Oct 1)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Fixed Series 2022/S4
GT4 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Phoenix%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Oval.png

Race Time of day: 2020-10-03 12:40 1x
Race Length: 100 laps (55 minutes)
Max Incidents: Drive through at 11x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0
Restart Type: Single-file Back
Automatic Full Course Yellows: Enabled
Wave Arounds: Enabled
Enable "Lucky Dog" Rule: Disabled

thesavvyninja

Name
Aaron Roufs
iRacing ID
This is ahh going to be interesting with so many open wheel cars on an oval.. should be challenging even for those in top 10 during the race. There is going to be a HUGE range of skills, and a lot of lap traffic to deal with.

Gunner

Organizer
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Here we go, first oval of the season!  Wanted to make a note for all the oval races this season.  We will be changing qualifying a bit.  It will remain a solo session of 5 minutes, but we will allow for 4 laps, not just 2.  We learned last season that the tires are just getting to temperature after 2 laps, so are extending it to allow for more relative lap times.

Lets see if we can all exercise patience in this one.  Cautions tend to breed more cautions.  Give it a couple laps before trying to barrel through the field.  You won't win the race making up those 3 or 4 spots on a restart with 60 laps still to go!  I have faith in this group that we can put together a good oval race.  Practice running with traffic a bit and lets go turn left!

EDIT: forgot to remind, this race is on the LEGACY track.  Don't turn all your laps on the new one!

barryf1fan

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
Andreas Eik, I can't say anything but I'm sorry - that wasn't intentional.  :oops: 
I knew you top guys were coming and when 1st and 2nd went by underneath, I made the mistake of drifting down on the track.  I knew 3rd was there, and I mistook you for the lapped car that was behind me.  I know that it in no way, shape, or form makes up for it - but I screwed your race and am sick about it.  I left you with no where to go.  I know we only run 3 ovals this season, but I think I will bow out of this series as one, my skill level just isn't where it needs to be, and two, I don't want to do that to another racer, no matter their position.

Again, I know it won't change anything, but I am truly sorry about that.  Thanks to the PRL guys for having me, and felt fairly competent at Philip Island, but my mistake here is unacceptable.  I did practice, but I didn't practice with drivers of this level.  Heck, I even did pretty well earlier in the week in a practice, but I was cautious and still made two huge mistakes tonight.  Caused one of the umpteen yellows, spinning on cold tires after the first caution... and then what I did to you - shameful.  Good luck the rest of the season and hope you pull some points back.