Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 2: Phoenix International Raceway / Night - Oval (Apr 23)

PRL-Sammy H

Premium Member

Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Race Length: 135 Laps
Start Type: Rolling
Fuel Amount: 60%
Track State: 25%
Clean Marbles: No
Weather: iRacing Dynamic Weather
Time of Day: Night

Race Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS_jHjqAyNk

Pre-Race Interview
1.) Did everyone have a good break (easter)?
2.) Have you ever visited the Nascar Hall of Fame?
3.) What's the chance of seeing another big accident here this week?

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Going to a sugar shack to eat stuff with mapple sirup (won't have hiccups Chris!! :p) & working at 200% of my salary Monday  :cool:

Nope! I'm not following NASCAR by I'm racing it now :p

I hope we will not have big crash because the B cars are easy to handle at Phoenix and it's really hard to spun.

PRL-Sammy H

Premium Member
1. I am enjoying the weekend. We have some sunlight today so washing my car. Was thinking of going to Seattle on Sunday to catch a Mariners game or a Sounders Soccer game.

2. No, been to a lot of races but never the HOF.

3. I think as long as everyone pays attention to there braking and brakes off the guy in front of them on the start we should be fine. Most incidents here are usually people overdriving the corner and slamming into someone's rear or dooring someone into the wall and causing a mess. "No, I MISSED MY BRAKING POINT"......Ummmm Paul :)

soupflakes

Premium Member
1. Just having a small dinner with friends Sunday night. My family is not near, and I have to fly out Monday for work.
2. Never been, I still haven't even been to a NASCAR race. Of course I don't watch it on TV either...
3. Only if Chris Perez is in front of me....

Jeffery Ford

Premium Member
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Pre-Race Interview[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1.) Did everyone have a good break (easter)?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Didn't get a per-say break.  But i'm off on weekends so i technically have Easter off.  But it isnt any "better" than any other weekend other than it being Easter and what easter stands for![/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2.) Have you ever visited the Nascar Hall of Fame?[/font]
Yes.....isnt that the nickname for PRL?

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3.) What's the chance of seeing another big accident here this week?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Zero chance.  Most of the wrecks will be in the turns and people losing it with poor throttle control.  The speeds are low through the corners and most of the time damage isnt severe.[/font]
But I do believe there will be a handful of cautions....especially after guys get new rubber for the first 2-3 laps.  Your not fast with new rubber until lap 2.

Lanny

Ya it was a nice break. Going to enjoy having Monday off. Plan on going to Hendrick race shops tomorrow and maybe possibly the hall of fame.

Yes 4 or 5 times. My 3yr old son enjoys it and it's nice to see the new exhibits when they switch it up.

As good as any. It only takes someone up front to spin coming outta 4 to cause a big pile up. Hope it's not the case but we shall see.

EHopkins

Pre-Race Interview
No Break here but I did have a great Easter, went to the in laws for the day to celebrate.
No, however I would like to take the kids someday when they get older. I think that would be a lot of fun.
Not likely, phoenix tends to be a self cleaner from my experience, cars are quite stable and when you do lose it, you tend to spin down out of harms way as opposed to up into traffic.

RangerPhenix

Premium Member
1. Not too bad
2. Unfortunately no.
3. I hope we get some long green flag runs, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see some pileups throughout the race although I hope we don't.

David White19

Premium Member
1. It was actually a good break from sim racing. Had a small Easter dinner with several family members. No easter eggs, or candy, as Being the old guy of the league, my kids are grown and in college.

2. no, I have not visited the HOF. But, it is on my bucket list.

3. I expect there to be a few more cautions. But, I think that they will be 2-3 cars a the most. I don't think we will see the big one. I'm willing to bet that most of the cautions will be single car wrecks

MikeTaylor

Did everyone have a good break (easter)?
Didn't do anything fancy here just practice for the upcoming 24hrs at the ring.

No. Its on my bucket list
3.) What's the chance of seeing another big accident here this week? Unfortunely with this track only being a mile track, it runs like a short track. We definitely will see a couple spins out of two. Looking for a good green flag run. Pheonix is definatly one of my worst tracks so we will see.

Yeah it was good, visited my parents this weekend.

Nope, but it might be cool to check out some day.

I think early on the run with people up close there could be, but I think we will see some solo spins here, the track is always slick so anything is possible. Hopefully not though, don't want to see a bunch of good drivers out early!

Eric Roberts

Premium Member
Really did not do anything but spring cleaning, I was ill the night before so decided to pass on traveling and big dinners.

No I have not, I lived in NC for a short time, and totally regret not going.

It's a night race, lots a grip, solo spins off from 4, but the field will get strung out, and with any luck will not be a pile up.

PRL-Sammy H

Premium Member
Well, our break is over and time to get back on track. Tonight we will be hosting our usual Saturday closed practice. Normal time 8PM Eastern and the normal password applies. In addition to that I will be hosting the 2 hour Sunday practice as well with our normal time and password.

PRL-Sammy H

Premium Member
It was a good practice tonight. There were some cautions of course but I think most of it is just people needing more practice with the setup on the track. I believe the 2 hour practice tomorrow will help quite a bit, there was definitely some good racing in the practice session tonight no doubt.

PRL-Sammy H

Premium Member
So as of right now we have Patrick Mercier, Charles Paradis, John Labaff, and Chris Perez absent for tonight.  Is there anyone else I am forgetting?