Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 2: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Full Course (Sep. 24th)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Mid Ohio Sports Car Course_Full Course.png

Time of day at session start: Sunrise
Practice: 2019-05-15 6:15 am
Qualifying: 2019-05-15 9:15 am
Race: 2019-05-15 9:30 am
Race Length: 60 minutes
Max Incidents: 20
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Bad Santa

Premium Member
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Formula 3 Series 2022/S3
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S4
Formula 3 Series 2022/S4
Name
Bret Thurman
iRacing ID
Can not make this race. Out of town working. :(

Ozymandias

Organizer
Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
Practice session tonight:

Session name: PRL GTE Sportscar Series Round 2 Practice
Session starts at 19:30 (EDT)
90 min. Practice
10 min. Qualy
20 min. Sprint Race

no password required...(League restricted entrance)

Mark Phile

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
so I selected my car for this race and Iracing must not have recognized it and gave me wrong car? so im not sure what to do, I guess im screwed for this event and cant race now?

teddywoods72

Premium Member
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S3
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S4
Name
Ted Loewendick
iRacing ID
I too joined the session with the wrong car. I got fooled by iRacing showing the Ferrari in the header of the webpage. I realised it immediately when i went to load a setup and the setup was for a BMW. I never clicked race, left, withdrew, but too late. I talked to Gary, he said it might be only a 3 point deduction, but wasn't 100% sure.

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
Just wanted to say a big thank you to Michael Diaz for sharing his setup with me.
Finished my computer rebuild just in time to find that the set I had stored was not working.
You saved my night.

Mark Phile

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
Can someone give me some insight as to what we should do if wrong car gets selected? This was the first time this has ever happened to me, and i just assumed i was dead in the water because it was not the car i had selected for the series. So can we still race? I was looking for this answer last night in hopes of knowing I could still join in wrong car? I did receive a message saying there was nothing I could do about switching car, but wasn't sure i was allowed to race? Thanks, and hope this helps someone else in the future if this ever happens to them?

MrCaringi

Name
Mark Phile said:
Can someone give me some insight as to what we should do if wrong car gets selected? This was the first time this has ever happened to me, and i just assumed i was dead in the water because it was not the car i had selected for the series. So can we still race? I was looking for this answer last night in hopes of knowing I could still join in wrong car? I did receive a message saying there was nothing I could do about switching car, but wasn't sure i was allowed to race? Thanks, and hope this helps someone else in the future if this ever happens to them?

Not sure, but I think you wont earn any points if you race with the wrong car.

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
Mark Phile said:

You could have raced. I'm assuming it being a 1st offense it would be a minor penalty.
Tyler can confirm that.

Mark Phile

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
Gary Schilling said:
Mark Phile said:

You could have raced. I'm assuming it being a 1st offense it would be a minor penalty.
Tyler can confirm that.

Tyler said last night he would back me up on it if i raced, but I didn't want any special treatment for being an organizer, and I wasn't 100% sure of actual ruling of this situation? I just didn't want to be that guy in the wrong car. I will ask Jerome if there is something in place for this situation?

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
I looked at the rules and found nothing.
Pretty sure it was mentioned in previous seasons.
As far as switching cars after entering the session, I had that happen in the past.
Exited and changed cars. It showed the change, but when I entered the session again I was in the original car.

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
No penalities will be issued, as there's a grace period for the 1st 2 races.
Going forward there will be.
Please double check that you're in the correct car before joing the session.

madace

Premium Member
GT4 Sprint Series 2022/S3
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S3
Formula 3 Series 2022/S3
Name
Michael A Diaz
iRacing ID
Gary Schilling said:
Just wanted to say a big thank you to Michael Diaz for sharing his setup with me.
Finished my computer rebuild just in time to find that the set I had stored was not working.
You saved my night.

Sure thing man, glad to help. I might not be able to share the setup all the time,  but ask I might have something decent I can share