Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 2: Lime Rock Park - Grand Prix (Mar 24)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Lime_Rock_Park_-_Full_Course_Orange_Zone.png

Race Time of day: 2020-04-01 13:30 1x
Race Length: 60 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 13x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

StacyDunegan

Name
Stacy Kyle Dunegan
iRacing ID
Can you confirm the layout? I see here its listed as Grand Prix but appears the track map does not include the chicane at T5. Just looking for clarification on if the race will include this chicane. 

Sfze8Up.png

westracing01

Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
Since it says "Grand Prix" layout, and the layout without the chicane is named "Classic" I assume we're running with the chicane, just the track map the officials posted is outdated.

Regardless, this is going to be a wild affair.

Bad Santa

Premium Member
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S2
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Bret Thurman
iRacing ID
"Regardless, this is going to be a wild affair."

Renewing insurance and life flight policies now.

westracing01

Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
Apologize for that lousy re-entry. I knew the car was banged up but didn't know the steering was totally broke. Should've known when I tried to snap spin it back around and it went nowhere.

I just can't believe I made that mistake  :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry:

westracing01

Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
Ken-H said:
Haha, no worries, you woke myself and Caleb up!

Haha, glad I could be of use. I wanted to throw my wheel through the monitor after that. Woke my poor wife up yelling so many expletives. 

At least they caught my in-race apology on the broadcast. 

Feel bad for Carl too. Having a tire go down while leading is worse than throwing away a podium because of one's own mistake. 

FKNCommishLB

Name
James LeBlond
iRacing ID
Zac Broderick shared with us how low his Left Front tire was. Inside and Middles were in the teen percentages. :O

My guess is Carl killed his tire.

westracing01

Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
He did. That's what he said in the race chat and in the broadcast chat.

Had I decided not to throw it off the track, I would've had somewhere between 5-10% on the LF at the end. I had 20% left when I crashed.

Testing long runs last week, I was convinced the LF wouldn't make it the whole race. But, a little change in driving style plus the track rubbering up helped a lot. Would've had more tire left I hadn't pushed in the middle of the race just before and after the pit stop.

Pushing harder hurt the tire, which then made the car understeer... Combine that with my momentary lack of focus = Armco...

Name
Jesse Stevens
iRacing ID
Gary Schilling said:
FKNCommishLB said:
Zac Broderick shared with us how low his Left Front tire was. Inside and Middles were in the teen percentages. :O

My guess is Carl killed his tire.

Yeah those were my tire percentages at the end of the race. Carl 100% killed his tire. He could have made it to the end easy if he didnt lock up into the chicane one too many times. My spotter told me what my percentages were after put stop and I just focused on being smooth and not locking up and managed to limp it across the line. Haha

westracing01

Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
Jessestevens36 said:
westracing01 said:
Jesse,

Do you run a spotter pack, or a live spotter or can you set the iRacing spotter to give you that info?

My friend Dion Fiallo was spotting for me. They actually mention in the broadcast that they noticed I had one hahahaha

Nice. Going all professional and whatnot. Haha. 

westracing01

Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
Gary Schilling said:
I forgot to say nice job to you {almost}  Micheal :)
You got a lot of air time.
Might want to think about adding some logos to your paint.

Thanks. After I crashed it (God I'm still so mad I did that) I was ready to quit right there. But, the only sure fire way to be defeated is not try again.

I don't know, the broadcasters seem to like the matte black car. I believe they said it looks "sinister." I grabbed one of the only ones on TP that I knew for sure would be stone cold legal on the broadcast. My usual colors are Martini Racing, but that wouldn't fly.

Probably get a lot less air time at Road America. I cannot figure out how these guys are going this fast in the Ford there.

rrusso

Premium Member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Rafael Russo
iRacing ID
31jdqJg.jpg
Terrible round for me. Tried to survive and score a few points (p14). Almost killed twice on turn 1 (the grass is a killer).

Suffer a lot with BMW lack of grip. Probably setup related.

Now start practicing for round 3. Nice track but the first runs looks like will be a Porsche x Ford battle.