Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 2: Hockenheimring Baden-Wurttemberg - Grand Prix (June 28)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Hockenheim%20GP.png

Race Time of day: 2021-06-26 15:05 1x
Race Length: 40 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 8x, DSQ at 13x
Max Fuel: 50%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

teddywoods72

Premium Member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Ted Loewendick
iRacing ID
@GT3 Pro Series 2021/S3
HosTed session is scheduled to launch, Sunday @ 7PM ET.
Length: 5 Hours.
Starting State: 50% Usage
Static Conditions.

La sesión está programada para iniciarse el domingo a las 7 p.m. ET.
Duración: 5 horas.
Estado inicial de la pista: 50% de uso
Condiciones estáticas.
1624806069087.png

TCRacing4x

Name
Thomas Cope
iRacing ID
Sorry but I will be missing tonight's race as I've not been feeling 100% all weekend and I've done 0 practice for the race and don't want to ruin it for anyone because I've done no practice and I'm not feeling well. Hope its a fun race and ill hopefully be back full strength next week.

Good Luck Everyone
!

PipeV2

Premium Member
Name
Felipe Riquelme Gonzalez
iRacing ID
Amazing lap ONE at final to L1 i had 8x of crazy drivers :)))))

PipeV2

Premium Member
Name
Felipe Riquelme Gonzalez
iRacing ID
Going to review incident limit for next week. Current incident limit is only 1 lower than last season but the field is much closer and let's all be honest a bit more aggressive

none of my x's were my mistake, all were from crazy driving incidents, it's terrible that they ruin a career to other drivers

fergy

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Ferguson
iRacing ID
Why not penalize drivers if they go over a certain incident point with a points reduction instead of a drive through? Or atleast set the incident limit higher than an official? We all paid to be here and to race hard without the worry of losing irating or safety rating. A lot of good races got ruined for racing hard tonight. Like it was said about the field is a lot more competitive and the racing is a bit harder. There is a protest system for a reason and in a sim where the tiniest bump can be a 4x, it's a little harsh.

westracing01

Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
With the level of competition, perhaps it's time to think about one or two live stewards for the race.

I'm not sure if the league settings will allow them to see all the data they'd need to see to make calls in race though. Like, can they see the number of off-tracks for each driver separately from the number of contacts or does it just accumulate incident points? More importantly, can they clear them (incident points) for 4X's if they deem them to be incidental contact?

ConnorBell

Premium Member
Name
Connor Bell
iRacing ID
Going to review incident limit for next week. Current incident limit is only 1 lower than last season but the field is much closer and let's all be honest a bit more aggressive.
That would be awesome! Unfortunately I lost out on P11 due to netcode which gave me a 4x, and a drive through.

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
With the level of competition, perhaps it's time to think about one or two live stewards for the race.

I'm not sure if the league settings will allow them to see all the data they'd need to see to make calls in race though. Like, can they see the number of off-tracks for each driver separately from the number of contacts or does it just accumulate incident points? More importantly, can they clear them (incident points) for 4X's if they deem them to be incidental contact?
That would be the best, but we would need 2 to 4 live staff to do that. From a results perspective we would need an API from iRacing that would allow us to separate off track, lost control and car contact. I rather think iRacing should add this feature when hosting sessions, i.e: drive through penalty after 10x off track and/or 15x car contact, something like that.

If we are to implement live stewarding for a Pro series, we would need to restrict the field to max. 30 drivers, minimum 4-5k iRating and charge a minimum of 50$-75$ per drivers to cover all the expenses. After, what are we doing with drivers from 2.5k iRating up to 4k? We need to create a Pro AM series? Unfortunately we have time constraint that does not allow us to create 10 iRacing series hahaha

Here is my opinion about yesterday:
  • We did not have that issue in Road Atlanta, why? Hockenheim is a new track where you can easily get off track without risking to damage your car. People need to learn this track better.
  • Hockenheim provide a lot of passing opportunity, but Dany Ric overtake move are not working in GT cars LOL. I'm seeing a lot of aggressive overtake attempt
  • I will be honest... I'm expecting more from Pro drivers. But I also understand that we have a LOT of cars and you guys drive on the edge of the track. Nontheless, all drivers knows that you get a DTP after 10x. If you are caught in an incident giving you 4x, you should know that you are on the fence after the next incident. Your race craft and strategy need to be updated then... Do you prefer to risk having a DTP that would bring you down P15, or just hold on fighting P5 and keep P6 points?
Drivers need to calm down, take a deep breath and move on to next race. Remember that there is no money prizes at the end of the season. We are here to have fun!

jhollandracing

Premium Member
Name
Jim Holland
iRacing ID
I appreciate the organizers being proactive about taking a look at incident point limits. In regards to this just being “fun”. I’d venture to guess most of us running at this level find the fun in finishing well and having good hard racing battles. When silly things get in the way of that, the fun gets taken out of it. For me, I’m used to small open wheel cars. I honestly find it difficult in these wide gt3s to see the apex and exits clearly when in a tight pack. I picked up a few of the slightest off tracks mostly from line of sight issues, that’s probably just something I need to get used to :D. When passing for p5 I gave plenty of room to ensure it was a safe pass, the other car got loose on exit and hit me (just a tap, and not his fault really) while we were driving straight, resulting in my drive through black flag with 2 laps to go. I was so close to just finishing with a black flag hoping a steward review would clear it up, but I know many others had similar issues and rules are rules but man that was gutting.

lol, signed in with my old mans account. This is David....:ROFLMAO:

Paulowsky21

Premium Member
Name
Paulo Munoz
iRacing ID
Here is my opinion about yesterday:
  • We did not have that issue in Road Atlanta, why? Hockenheim is a new track where you can easily get off track without risking to damage your car. People need to learn this track better.
  • Hockenheim provide a lot of passing opportunity, but Dany Ric overtake move are not working in GT cars LOL. I'm seeing a lot of aggressive overtake attempt
  • I will be honest... I'm expecting more from Pro drivers. But I also understand that we have a LOT of cars and you guys drive on the edge of the track. Nontheless, all drivers knows that you get a DTP after 10x. If you are caught in an incident giving you 4x, you should know that you are on the fence after the next incident. Your race craft and strategy need to be updated then... Do you prefer to risk having a DTP that would bring you down P15, or just hold on fighting P5 and keep P6 points?
Drivers need to calm down, take a deep breath and move on to next race. Remember that there is no money prizes at the end of the season. We are here to have fun!

In Road Atlanta, I had 8x before lap one finished, all because of incidents that were not my fault, so there was definitely an issue there. I think going up on the incident limit is the right call. Personally, just like David mentioned above, I enjoy close competition and finishing well. I´m not here just to drive around for 40 minutes.

teddywoods72

Premium Member
Name
Ted Loewendick
iRacing ID
I kept getting the stupid 1x running wide in T1 at Hock. Didn’t cross the threshold limit though 💪
Thanks for increasing the limit. A couple of harmless lap 1 or 2 bumps and you’re at 8x in a hurry. We’ve all said it before: THAT WAS A 4X?!??? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING. FFS!! 🤣