Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2023 Season 1 Signups now open to all !

Hi Guest, Signups for 2023 Season 1 are now open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Round 2: Dover International Speedway (Jan 5)

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Cup Series 2023/S1
NASCAR Xfinity Series 2023/S1
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Dover Internation Speedway - Oval.png

Laps: 110

Sim Date/Time:
2022-03-01 12:35 1x

Last edited by a moderator:

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Alrighty crew. I hope everyone had wonderful holidays and a safe and great New Year. This week we get back into the swing of things, but first I want to touch on some discussion points coming off of a disappointing opener at Iowa:

• One thing with the penalties coming from Round 1 races in both league is penalties coming out for not holding brakes/dangerously coming across the track after a wreck. That is basic stuff guys. Our league races have to be better than official crap. That's why we are here. Same for ARCA braking into a wreck. Be smart and smooth. We have race admins to help try to make everything as fair as possible with helping with flags and whatnot. First think about your car and those around you, then we'll figure out if iRacing does anything wonkey.
  • Now I am going to be fair about this new rule being implemented. This will not be back dated to Iowa penalties because this rule was not in place at that race. But moving forward, any driver who gets 1.5 caution points in a race (whether it be 1 caution that was deemed very bad and worthy of 1.5, or multiple contacts that added up to 1.5 points), will be issued (2) no qualifying penalties in the subsequent races. 1.0 point is still (1) "no quali" and 2.0+ points in a race is still an automatic suspension.
  • Another thing moving forward that the Stewards will look at stiffer is the 1.5 point penalty for caution reviews. The Stewards hold the right to issue a penalty of that nature if they deem necessary, based on the type of contact created and if it also happened right off of the Start of a race or a restart. Our goal here is green flag runs and there has been many times now in the recent history of "cautions breed cautions" because of lack of focus or impatience. This is our way not to attempt to curve that trend.
Dover is gonna be a tricky one, but lets all get our practice in, come prepared, and have a great start to 2022.

C.M. Pennington

Premium Member
NASCAR Truck Series 2023/S1
Name
Charles M. Pennington
iRacing ID
Congrats on the win Thomas Sink. Also a strong finish for Charles in second. In my opinion staying out for 70 laps on one set of tires is a bad idea. Just say'in......

Jose Medina

Premium Member
Name
jose medina
iRacing ID
My Prayers towards your Father Thomas Sink & a speedy recovery. If there's anything you need or the family help in know we're here for you Brother. Congratulations on the win Thomas. God Bless

Daltonfallen

Premium Member
Name
Dalton Geyer
iRacing ID
Congrats on the win Thomas Sink. Also a strong finish for Charles in second. In my opinion staying out for 70 laps on one set of tires is a bad idea. Just say'in......
Haha we certainly almost had a moment there out of turn 2, hopefully we didn't scare Brad and Thomas too bad with that šŸ˜…

C.M. Pennington

Premium Member
Name
Charles M. Pennington
iRacing ID
It was scary for me just try'in to find a gap big enough to get down low and make a pit. I was so much slower than everybody else. I put myself and and those behind in danger because I stayed out so long. I had high hopes for a timely caution, but it wasn't worth the risks. I won't be doing that again. Still learning the hard way I guess. Sorry to all that were impacted by this. Believe me I was trying to pit safely.