Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 2: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Endurance (26 Jun)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Spa-Francorchamps - Endurance Pit.png
  ​
Sponsored by 3D Concepts & Creations

​
3DConcepts_small.png
 ​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnTfNOmbp-g&feature=youtu.be​
 ​
 ​
Time of day: Late Afternoon
Max. incidents: 30
Race length: 45 minutes
Max. fuel: 50%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview
1. How was your race at Detroit? Did you had the season start you have expected?
2. A very different circuit this week! What are your thoughts on Spa?
3. In iRacing for series with multiple car available, what is the main criteria of your selection? Sound, cockpit view, setup, handling, popularity, etc...

Jefferson Padovani

Premium Member
Hi Jerome!

Thanks so much for the answer.

Well, you know, I am a little bit persistent. Not boring, just persistent. So I will be posting here, from time to time.
If in a distant future, there is an open space for me, even on the end of championship, I will be glad to jump in!

In fact, I am really jealous about Erik Luke... he is stealing my Michael!!!!! I am loosing my partner, and I will not let this happens!!!
If you help me, I will be very thankfull!!!! :p

athacker

Premium Member
1. How was your race at Detroit? Did you had the season start you have expected? Minus the self spin, self-induced incident and lousy pace - I enjoyed myself! I survived, does that count for something?
2. A very different circuit this week! What are your thoughts on Spa? Fantastic track, but if only I cou x1 x1 x1 x1 x1
3. In iRacing for series with multiple car available, what is the main criteria of your selection? Sound, cockpit view, setup, handling, popularity, etc... I tend to go for the lesser populated car and that moderately fits my late-braking habits. Sometimes it works out, other times it doesn't.

MrCaringi

1. How was your race at Detroit? Did you had the season start you have expected?

Not as expected, made a little mistake and I ended last of the pack... after pitstops I could recover lots of position, still no too bad for me.

Gorgeous track turned HORRIBLE with those off-tracks... it will be hard to make a clean lap. And the bus stop will be a mess in firsts laps... will be fun to watch!

3. In iRacing for series with multiple car available, what is the main criteria of your selection? Sound, cockpit view, setup, handling, popularity, etc...

For me, handling perception, I haven't tried to many cars but GTE feels like serious/real driving comparing to SkipBarber or other open-wheel or very light cars

acaro

Premium Member
It will be a hard race for me, I just hope the guys are not too fast here!

See you all in practice later, I will surely needed as I wasn't able to turn any laps this week.

shawnkenning

I had a minor shunt on lap 4 that did much more damage than I would have expected and caused a 4 minute pit stop effectively ending any hopes of a decent result. I had expected more carnage/attrition than occurred.

Much more relaxing driving at Spa. Eau Rouge can be a game ender if you mess it up. Simply have to watch out for the incident points from off tracks. Easy to accumulate and hope people don't abuse it because you can definitely gain time in spots by accepting a 1x.

I think it's all of the above but also, which car is fun to drive. The Ford GT is a good car but has no visceral feel to it. It's not exciting to drive.

Gary Schilling

Organizer
Full Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID

I really liked that track and really disappointed in my results.
Had an issue with Sim Commander : They believe I had corrupted files.
Got disconnected within the 1st couple of laps. Took forever to get reconnected and when I did I had no Force Feedback.
Gained a few spots and just before the finish another disconnect. Praying it's fixed.

A track I'm not very good at.

For me it handling .

athacker

Premium Member
My POV from the race. Can't believe I came away with P4. Ford powah :D . See everyone next week!

[youtube]tOtGejkTv0w[/youtube]

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
Carsten Quint said:
Good race tonight guys.  Was happy to have some more pace this week compared to last.  Dany, the broadcast had a perfect view of our incident haha :)  See you guys next week.

Yeah.  BTW, it was your fault.  Your car was in front of mine.  Next time, just stay behind me.  😜😜😜

shawnkenning

Glad to keep the car in one piece. The handling went to poop from qualifying to the race. My car was loose every single lap going through 10. Close, clean racing so very happy about that. Solid points going into next week.

dragnframe

Can you guys make a point in you drivers meeting that, that when you have a cut though penalty and there's a car drafting behind you, the car behind doesn't not know you have a cut through penalty and do not hit your brakes in a straight while being drafted.

Its a shame the protest process gets forgot about and doesn't work in this league.