Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 2: China - Shanghai International Circuit (04Apr18 @ 9pm EDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
China.png

Pre-race Interview
1. China is another race where we could see the rain. Do you like racing under rain condition?
2. For which races in the calendar are you looking forward to race and why?
3. What is your gaming computer specs? What is your next upgrade?

Zephyr

1. China is another race where we could see the rain. Do you like racing under rain condition?
As I said last week, I enjoy races with dynamic weather (both wet and dry). I really dont enjoy full wet races. Racing in the wet gets boring to me after 10 or so laps.

I really enjoy COTA and Silverstone the most. They are by far my favorite 2 tracks in F1.

CPU: i7-4790k
GPU: Asus 1070
Hard Drive: Samsung 850 Evo

My next "upgrade" is to buy whatever needs replacing. My computer has been crashing while playing games recently. Still troubleshooting the problem

piboye

Yeah, most of my best results come when we are in the rain, and I like good results :). I also like how the rain slows everything down so that I can more accurately get closer to the edge of grip and how getting a nice, smooth line helps.

I like racing at the USA because I've attended a race there. I also really like Spa (where I got 2nd last season).

CPU: i5
GPU: GTX 1070 FTW
My next upgrade will probably be a different wheel or pedals. I recently upgraded the graphics card.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. China is another race where we could see the rain. Do you like racing under rain condition?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I'll be honest and say I prefer wet races because, like Piboye said, it slows things down and lets you be more precise but it is easier to lose traction, obviously. I thankfully have more skill in the rain than most of the field which I am happy about, just need to become more consistent because I think I would have had a podium finish if I didn't mess up as many times as I did. The last time I finished 4th was in Spa and there was rain in the middle/end of that race. I kind of hope there is rain in this race, even if for just a small part of it.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. For which races in the calendar are you looking forward to race and why?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I'm excited for Austria. The RBR has the best flow out of any other track on the calender. Germany is my other favourite track in F1 but sadly it is not here this year and I missed it in F1 2016.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. What is your gaming computer specs? What is your next upgrade?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]CPU: i7 4770 3.4Ghz[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]GPU: GTX 970 EVGA[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]RAM: 16GB Kingston Hyper Fury (quality, low-priced RAM although the price went up the last few months in Canada)[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I am looking to maybe upgrade my motherboard to one that has more than 1 PCI port and more than 2 RAM ports. I'm ultimately trying to make a YouTube ready PC that has SSD Drives, SLI a few 1080s and have 32GB of RAM. About to get into the YouTube game so the quicker my computer can render and the more storage I have, the better. To get my microphone rig alone costs $366 (haven't bought it yet, accepting sponserships ;) ).[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Also, AtomicTurtle will not be attending today's race due to educational obligations. Figured I might as well save him the trouble of getting on here just for that.[/font]

piboye

DEADZERO said:
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Also, AtomicTurtle will not be attending today's race due to educational obligations. Figured I might as well save him the trouble of getting on here just for that.[/font]

I should add that Sucuri won't be around for this race or the next.  I think he made mention of that somewhere, but if not I'm covering for him now.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
I'll be posting both my Australia and China races in one video. I just finished editing round 1 (it was a doozy and 12 min long), Ill leave China and the voice over for the morning. Hope you guys enjoy it. Also to let you guys know, there is a bit of swearing in the first race video, all targeted towards my teammate. ;)

DEADZERO

Premium Member
[youtube]5rHehNJrF4k[/youtube]

26 minute video, grab some popcorn guys. Feedback is welcomed, whether its editing, commentary, or racing. Thanks guys. (I drove to my sister's house to upload this 3GB video)

For some reason, the video was uploaded in only 360p but I rendered it as 1080p, can anyone explain why its not in 1080p?

patlessard

Premium Member
DEADZERO said:

26 minute video, grab some popcorn guys. Feedback is welcomed, whether its editing, commentary, or racing. Thanks guys. (I drove to my sister's house to upload this 3GB video)

For some reason, the video was uploaded in only 360p but I rendered it as 1080p, can anyone explain why its not in 1080p?

i see it in 1080p !! it's ok sometimes just after the upload for some reason the resolution is limited and after it fixes itself ...

kub

patlessard said:
DEADZERO said:

i see it in 1080p !! it's ok sometimes just after the upload for some reason the resolution is limited and after it fixes itself ...
it takes youtube a while to process the video completely after theyre uploaded on their servers

piboye

DEADZERO said:

Really nice!  You've really improved since the beginning of last season and we may have more fun battles in the future.  I think I was catching you slowly throughout the race after my spin, but you stayed ahead.  

Zephyr

DEADZERO said:

nice video Deadzero. I really enjoyed your commentary

DEADZERO

Premium Member
I feel like I put up a good fight against you Zephyr concidering how worn my tires were. Looked pretty smooth and tamed compares to your sliding around style lol but I was much slower.

Also this recent update seems to have worked because no one has complained about me lagging and in everyone's videos it seems pretty stable and bobino and I have been perfectly synced since.

Maybe.... just maybe they fixed the safety car? Accidental fixes are a thing and we should see. Can we have a test race that involves more than 6 people?

Zephyr

DEADZERO said:
I feel like I put up a good fight against you Zephyr concidering how worn my tires were. Looked pretty smooth and tamed compares to your sliding around style lol but I was much slower.

Also this recent update seems to have worked because no one has complained about me lagging and in everyone's videos it seems pretty stable and bobino and I have been perfectly synced since.

Maybe.... just maybe they fixed the safety car? Accidental fixes are a thing and we should see. Can we have a test race that involves more than 6 people?

look at me and tron. he was racing but in my vid he was stopped all race.

Also u should rewatch the setup of my overtake on u. it was more of a controlled slide than a corner. I was trying real hard to get close to you cause in S1, cause I had a DRS failure. But like i said in the video, you did a great job keeping that super close racing clean. I really enjoyed our battle. Our front wings were a few inches from each other

Darklol

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
DEADZERO said:

Safety car is not fixed if you go look at the patch notes and people complaining on Codemasters forum. Also I think we already did enough testing with this game.

Also like Zephyr mentioned, lag issues aren't fixed Tron hit the back of Zephyr on the grid because it wasn't moving when he did.

All I can say is pray that they fix it on the next game because this small fix I wouldn't be surprised it was for they next upcoming championship for their eSport series.