Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 2: China - Shanghai International Circuit (04Apr18 @ 8:15pm AEDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID

Last Season's Results:
1st: dreglar
2nd: El_Majacko
3rd: ForceWhan
Pole: dreglar (1.32.533)
FL: HSVDT_15 (1.35.582)

Pre-Race Questions:
1. The season opener last week saw multiple first lap casualties. Do you think we'll see more early retirements this round?
2. Turn 1 and 2 divide opinion of many drivers. How do you feel about the complex?
3. Just three points separate the top 3 teams after one race. Can we expect such close competition all season?
4. Maznat dominated the Australian GP. Will he repeat that success and go back-to-back?

Nemo9n

Pre-Race Questions:
1. The season opener last week saw multiple first lap casualties. Do you think we'll see more early retirements this round?
Yes i think we will
2. Turn 1 and 2 divide opinion of many drivers. How do you feel about the complex?
Um depends on who your next too
3. Just three points separate the top 3 teams after one race. Can we expect such close competition all season?
Yes i think we can
4. Maznat dominated the Australian GP. Will he repeat that success and go back-to-back?
I believe jacko will win because he practices so much so hopefully for him it will pay off

Pre-Race Questions:
I hope not, it will be good to see battles throughout the field with out people retiring
I agree with Nemo, depends who your next too
It will be good for the league to see multiple teams and drivers in the hunt
It's possible, i don't think he will dominate. But he will have some competition

El_Majacko

Premium Member
Hopefully not, its nice seeing everyone have a full race.
I quite like it, provides some action.
Potentially, it really depends on the consistency of each driver.
Its possible.

danirox88

Premium Member
Hopefully we can keep it clean but turn 1 here is usually a bit tricky.

I don't like turn 1 and 2 at all, I especially hate it when you end up drifting off to the left at T1. 

I guess time will tell but I think it will remain close.

I hope not.  :p ;)

Maznat87

Maybe not retirements but good chance a wing or two will be damaged.

I enjoy the challenge of it then throw a few cars in the mix makes for good racing.

I think it will be close all season.

Time will tell but I’m expecting some close racing.

HSVDT_15

No

Average corners especially when your tires are rooted.

Yes

No

HSVDT_15

Q: 9th

Couldn't get a clean run in the wet

R: 4th

Had a decent start and passed SABER and Dani after their collision. Had an intense battle with h1ghsenberg for quite a few laps, huge kudos to him it was incredibly clean and fun (and frustrating as I couldn't pass :D). Finally passed him after he made a mistake and I pitted for the mediums. Caught up quite rapidly to Bozza and Stewart who were fighting for 3rd, and nabbed 4th from Bozza after he made a mistake. Was on Stewart's tail for a few laps before making a passing attempt, which got knocked back through contact. Haven't seen his footage so not pointing any fingers as it may have been lag.

I use this to ask the stewards a question.

Why is there no use of time-penalties in stewarding reviews? Normally I would submit footage so I could see Stewart's as well, and determine if a penalty would be needed. Again, no fingers are being pointed, I'd usually be curious to see if I had been hard done by. But what exactly is the benefit of me doing that now if a points penalty is the only alternative? To me, that renders any submitted footage redundant for whoever submits it, as they won't gain anything?

All in all, great battle Stewart aside from that (whatever happened :p), and congrats to Jacko on the win!

El_Majacko

Premium Member
Q: 2nd
So annoyed I missed out by less than a tenth due to going too deep. Pole was there to be taken in the wet.

R: 1st
Nailed the start to take P1. From there Maz was less than 1.2 seconds behind the whole race. We pitted on the same lap, caught kartdude and somehow avoided him, as he was yet to pit. Maz had several attempts at me but was unable to complete the move, on some occasions with contact. The winning margin was 0.130!

Hootius

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
HSVDT_15 said:
Why is there no use of time-penalties in stewarding reviews? Normally I would submit footage so I could see Stewart's as well, and determine if a penalty would be needed. Again, no fingers are being pointed, I'd usually be curious to see if I had been hard done by. But what exactly is the benefit of me doing that now if a points penalty is the only alternative? To me, that renders any submitted footage redundant for whoever submits it, as they won't gain anything?

The difference between points and time is very situational. I have issued time penalties before, but they were very clean-cut, end of the race, affected that one position type of penalties. The thing with Stewarding is that you can't base anything on "what-ifs" and it all has to be hard facts when it comes to leveling out with penalties. Most Stewarding submissions happen earlier in the race, so there's a lot of time left that "what ifs" could come in and factor that we can't take into account. That's why more often than not, you'll see our standard points being issued so it's consistent across all leagues.

HSVDT_15

Hootius said:
HSVDT_15 said:

The difference between points and time is very situational. I have issued time penalties before, but they were very clean-cut, end of the race, affected that one position type of penalties. The thing with Stewarding is that you can't base anything on "what-ifs" and it all has to be hard facts when it comes to leveling out with penalties. Most Stewarding submissions happen earlier in the race, so there's a lot of time left that "what ifs" could come in and factor that we can't take into account. That's why more often than not, you'll see our standard points being issued so it's consistent across all leagues.

Thank you for the reply, very much appreciated :D
After reading what you said, I can understand the stance taken by the stewards, thanks for clearing that up mate  :)

Maznat87

Q: 1st

Was happy with my banker but I knew I left some time out on track so I was confident heading out for my second run.
Second run ~ Bottled it.

R: 2nd
Got a terrible start and couldn’t cover jacko off going into turn 1 and lost the position. I was confident I was quicker so I just tried to stay within DRS although there was absolutely no slip stream at all. On some laps I would come out of T13 with a good clean exit and be literally on jackos rear wing and still couldn’t pass down the long straight with DRS. Very frustrating!

Made several attempts to overtake but jacko is a very solid defender and at times would only leave a cars width going into the corner. In a round about way I take that as a compliment that he trusts me enough to not take him out with so little room. Few bumps along the way but no damage.
Really enjoyed the battle every lap but just couldn’t find a way past until the penultimate corner on the last lap. Jacko ran deep and I thought this was my chance. Unfortunately not.
Great racing

HSVDT_15

Regarding the no slipstream Maz, Nemo was telling us that when someone leaves the lobby, in this race's case Craig dropping out, it completely glitches slipstreaming and removes it altogether. Very noticeable on my end too/

Maznat87

HSVDT_15 said:
Regarding the no slipstream Maz, Nemo was telling us that when someone leaves the lobby, in this race's case Craig dropping out, it completely glitches slipstreaming and removes it altogether. Very noticeable on my end too/

Yeah I am aware of this, thank you though.
Definitely Esports ready!