Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 2: Chicagoland Speedway (27 Jun)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Chicagoland Speedway - Oval.png
 ​
Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Time of day: Late Afternoon
Laps: 90
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-race interview
1. How was your first race last week? Did you had the season start you have expected?
2. How much hours a week do you spend on iRacing?
3. We have two road course this season. What are your thoughts on road course with these cars?

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. How was your first race last week? Did you had the season start you have expected?
Race was going well until I cost myself on pit road near the end of the race. Take away that error, and I was happy the way things were turning out.

Not enough. Maybe 10. I still have tons to learn. Though I am an A oval license, I have only been really doing iRacing for 4 months, so still learning how to be fast.

3. We have two road course this season. What are your thoughts on road course with these cars?
It'll be my first time on road with the trucks, but I am exciting. I have a Project Cars GT3 championship under my belt with the Ruf, so trucks can't be that much worse.... right?!?!?!?! 

ColtonLayne

Premium Member
Full Name
Colton Layne
iRacing ID
1. Had a few more cautions than ideal but thats okay. I was wounded about 15-20 laps in but managed a top 10 somehow so it went okay.

2. Really only a handful of hours a week. Its kinda hard to balance Iracing when none of my IRL friends play it.

3. I love the stock cars on road courses. I may not be the best but I really get a kick out of it.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. How was your first race last week? Did you had the season start you have expected?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]   Mid pack runner, finished mid pack that ok with me[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
2. How much hours a week do you spend on iRacing?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]      I am able to get 4 races a week in, 2 on monday, wednesday league, and thursday league.  Real life just takes to much time at the moment to alot any more time.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
3. We have two road course this season. What are your thoughts on road course with these cars?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]      Don't think it will be an issue[/font]

XSYSE

Premium Member
Full Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
1.  Surprised to get a top 5 start, and held the pace until trying to avoid a spin, which ultimately did the truck in.

2.  It varies between 3 to 10 hours a week depending on my schedule.

3. Haven't turned a road lap I. these trucks.  I'm hoping to get a good feel and do well.

ahunter27t

Premium Member
Full Name
Austin Hunter
iRacing ID
Pre-race interview
Could not have been more of a roller coaster. Qualified poor, made my way to the top 5. Then got taken out by John with just a few laps to go. Spun myself on the white flag trying to pass someone. finished DFL of those who didnt disconnect.

roughly around 10. An hour or 2 each night.

Should be interesting. they are both fun layouts. I am more worried about Eldora though.

fotors3

Premium Member
Full Name
Brandon
iRacing ID

I thought it was pretty decent. It was my home track and nabbed a 5th place finish. 

Honestly too many. Probably between 20-30 hours a week if I were to guess. I don't really add them up. 
3. We have two road courses this season. What are your thoughts on road course with these cars?
I love road courses with these trucks. Watkins Glen is a great track. I got 2nd in one of my 2 truck starts last season. I've never done a race at Canadian Tire but I've tested there and it's really fun. I'm excited.

Rob H

Premium Member
Full Name
Rob Haynes
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Pre-race interview[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. How was your first race last week? Did you had the season start you have expected?[/font]

Tight racing last week. Couple of dents too many. Made a pit road mistake that cost me early on. Overall happy with a top 10 first time out with PRL.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. How much hours a week do you spend on iRacing?[/font]

Probably  less than 12hrs/wk currently. Been up and down over the years with work and life commitments. Working through some PC upgrades right now on the way to VR hopefully soon :)

Love. Road. Courses. Can’t wait.

Looking forward to learning everyone’s racing style, giving lots of respect while trying to earn the same back. Care and control lol

chatley59

Premium Member
Full Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID

It was different for me. I did something I didn't do at all last season which was overdrive the truck into the corner which messed up my race.

I would say somewhere around 8-10. This league and then I've been doing a lot of the 360 dirt sprint cars.

3. We have two road courses this season. What are your thoughts on road course with these cars?

I'm looking forward to them. I've been doing some practice to better the races during the races.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Q: 6th
Fastest lap I hit all week. Pretty happy with that.

R: 6th
I was a 6th place truck tonight, my finish was fair. Learned some good lessons on pit strategy that can possibly help me out in the future, so overall I consider the night a success. Gotta pick myself up a little bit more so Jobes and I can keep it tight in the Team Championship.

fotors3

Premium Member
Full Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Great race tonight guys. Really was. Only 1 yellow. Lot of good racing. Congrats Rob on the win!

Only need to address one issue and that's lapped cars. If you're about to be lapped or are already laps down, just give the leaders a little more room. Other than that, see you guys at Daytona!