Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 2: Autódromo José Carlos Pace - Grand Prix (Dec. 17th)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Interlagos_GP.png

Time of day: 2019-12-14 05:05 1x
Practice: 5:05 AM (in-game time)
Qualifying: 7:50 AM (in-game time)
Race: 8:05 AM (in-game time)
Race Length: 60 minutes
Max Incidents: 20
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Hotwir3

Name
Tyler DeZubay
iRacing ID
Here's why I disappeared at the start: 
https://streamable.com/ft1c2

Very disappointed.  Finished 5 seconds behind Modoff in an official race over the weekend.

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
crazygoalie39 said:
Great job on the start! Really fun getting damage before the race even goes green

If you feel that something went wrong, we have a protest process in place, not the iRacing one, but our own.

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
I would think there will be a few.
Drivers of this caliber should know better than trying to move after a spin with the field right behind them.
I quit after the 1/2 point due to not feeling well and did not save the rpy.
We'll discuss this again in the next drivers meeting.

Spinn

Premium Member
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Spencer Semkowich
iRacing ID
I made it a lap further than you Gary - all my fault though... best race yet of my time in PRL (mainly because my dodging skills were high), until I put 2 wheels in the grass on the 2nd last corner, which led to a spin, which led to the inside wall, which led to the outside wall, which led to 22 minutes of repairs with 20 minutes left :(

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
You missed the track being blocked and everyone trying to decide which way to go . Took a good 5 seconds.
I've never done well here. But with some coaching, I found 2 seconds better than my best time here.
Was having fun chasing a small group down until I got greedy and spun.

Ken Rodriguez

Organizer
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S2
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Kenneth Rodriguez
iRacing ID
A great race for me personally, but this race was an utter circus overall. I'm highly surprised and quite frankly disgusted at the performance of some of the top competitors in this league, the fact that it was caught on broadcast just places shame on those that should be putting on a spectacular show and not putting public shame on this league with their poor performances, over-aggressive driving, punting front runners off track and not yielding the position back and other shenanigans. I'd suspect the Competition Committee are going to be quite busy during the break. I certainly hope that the penalties fit the offenses. I'd be highly disappointed if they didn't. That start should never have went down like that!!!

Una gran carrera para mí personalmente, pero esta carrera fue un circo total en general. Estoy muy sorprendido y francamente disgustado por el desempeño de algunos de los principales competidores en esta liga, el hecho de que fue captado en transmisión simplemente avergüenza a aquellos que deberían estar haciendo un show espectacular y no avergonzar al público sobre esto liga con sus malos resultados, conducción demasiado agresiva, golpeando a los corredores delanteros fuera de la pista y sin ceder la posición y otros travesuras. Sospecho que el Comité de Competencia estará bastante ocupado durante el descanso. Ciertamente espero que las penas se ajusten a las ofensas. Me decepcionaría mucho si no lo hicieran. ¡Ese comienzo nunca debería haber sido así!

FKNCommishLB

Name
James LeBlond
iRacing ID
Robert Elder said:
Great race all! That was firm but fair racing for the most part.

Looking forward to a fantastic season.

Outside of where you put me sideways in Turn 8 early on (You were behind, I had the position but you still tried anyways) and just went about your merry way, I agree with this. Decided not to protest, but it was borderline. Please be more considerate to your fellow PRL Drivers. It's a 60 minute race, and we're all just trying to have fun.  :p

Jeff_Carollo

Name
Can we discuss who cause that pace lap pile up?
Come on a spin while going 30mph, I understand aggressive but clean racing, but a pile up cause to loss of control in a pace laps a joke. I'll be hosting a "how to pace" once a week until race 2 for those who need it.

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
Jeff_Carollo said:
Can we discuss who cause that pace lap pile up?
Come on a spin while going 30mph, I understand aggressive but clean racing, but a pile up cause to loss of control in a pace laps a joke. I'll be hosting a "how to pace" once a week until race 2 for those who need it.

No, not on the forum.
Calling out is not allowed.
I have not watched the broadcast and don't know how it started.
I just know it was a mess.
I said it @ Montreal and I will continue to do so.
Set it up so you are asked to save the replay before exiting.
If you were involved, please file a protest.
If you don't have a replay, ask here if someone does.

Jeff_Carollo

Name
I didn't call anyone out specifically. I have a clip saved, and I chose not to share it for that fact. I was stating that was a joke
Again I have a clip which shows where and how it happened from my pov I never stated names or cars once. Due to respect.

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
No worries, but it's gotten out of hand in the past.
And we don't need the thread to be locked.
As usual we have new drivers to the league.
And if people don't choose to file a protest what's to prevent the responsible parties from repeating the offense?
I had a car spin in front of me and instead of locking it down, he moved which caused the track to be blocked.
Just lucky the everyone was patient or it could have affected several drivers race more than losing precious seconds.

Jeff_Carollo

Name
It didn't directly cause any damage to me. Just caused a parking lot for myself and a couple of people on pace. And was almost rear-ended because I had to park the car waiting for them to get back to pace. A few people were hit. But luckily enough I give space on the pace lap just incase this happens. It's a habit I picked up from imsa.