Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

  • Only a few places left for 2021 Season 4 in our MX-5 Cup! Other series signups are closed!

    Hi Guest, Signups for Season 4 are currently closed for all series except MX-5 Cup!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Round 18: Mexico - Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez (21Feb18 @ 9pm EST)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
Joined
Feb 1, 2017
Messages
2,523
Location
USA, Arizona, Sun City
iRacing ID
330094
Mexico.png
 

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
Joined
May 21, 2017
Messages
795
Location
Canada, Toronto
Zephyr said:
I will be attending this race as my class tonight has been cancelled due to weather. See you guys tonight

Nice to see the fire storm is back (I say this because you race with intensity and fire).
 

Bobino12

Premium Member
Name
Joined
Feb 11, 2017
Messages
142
Location
Canada, Quebec, Quebec city,
Here's my (long) race recap...

About the race, my first two laps were quite sluggish and I wasn't able to keep contact with Tron. On lap 7, I made a little mistake at corner 4 and piboye had a spin when trying to avoid me. Sorry piboye.

On lap 23, I lost one position to piboye because there was a kind of major lag with Deadzero who's car had an X besides his name and he missed the braking point at corner 12. I thought he had left the race and I tried to pass him inside the curb and he suddenly came back to life and hit me badly. I wasn't able to get my position back to piboye after and finished at a disappointing 5th position.

I had fun battles with Sucuri and piboye.

https://youtu.be/N5WcRODyOoc
 

Bobino12

Premium Member
Name
Joined
Feb 11, 2017
Messages
142
Location
Canada, Quebec, Quebec city,
Thanks Pat...!

The lag is still a problem sometimes with the game. Hopefully with eSport, Codemasters will come out with a new multiplayer connection system for F1 2018 to replace Peer to Peer.
 

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
9,669
Location
Nicolet, QC, Canada
iRacing ID
177904
Does anyone can send me the screenshot to jerome@precisionracingleague.com so I can update the result!?
 

Sucuri

Well-known member
Name
Joined
Apr 17, 2017
Messages
98
Location
USA, WI
Alright! I figured out the whole recording, editing and you tube thing, so here is the recap! 

Bobino broke early for T1, leaving me to play bumper cars through sector 1 with several drivers, dropping me to P8 by S3. Managed to claw my way up the field on a pairs of Ultras, to take it home with a quiet 3rd stint of SS's for P3.

Shout out to piboye and Bobino for the respectful and exciting wheel to wheel battles, I hope you all enjoy! 

*Note to jeromef1* I included the final result table of the race in the last few seconds of my video if you still need it.
[youtube]lK3KDpczpts[/youtube]
 

patlessard

Premium Member
Name
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
455
Location
MTL, Quebec , Canada
Sucuri said:
Alright! I figured out the whole recording, editing and you tube thing, so here is the recap! 

Bobino broke early for T1, leaving me to play bumper cars through sector 1 with several drivers, dropping me to P8 by S3. Managed to claw my way up the field on a pairs of Ultras, to take it home with a quiet 3rd stint of SS's for P3.

Shout out to piboye and Bobino for the respectful and exciting wheel to wheel battles, I hope you all enjoy! 

*Note to jeromef1* I included the final result table of the race in the last few seconds of my video if you still need it.
[youtube]lK3KDpczpts[/youtube]

yikes i can see cutting the assists didn't stop dive bombing ... you were still lucky not too much damage other than losing positions

really sport of you to give place back to Piboye after small hit ,most people don't do this

Good race man !
 

Darklol

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Marco Oliveira
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
581
iRacing ID
98369
Jerome, I will do the results tonight. I have them.

Pat: There's definitely less dive bombs without the assists because people are more careful under braking versus with brake assists where people would come extremely fast and brake ultra late and make the turn. Good thing now if you see someone trying to dive bomb you if he is coming too fast we will probably go straight by locking up or if he makes the corner he might have damaged his tires locking up. Still assist or not, it always depends on the drivers, some like to do risky moves and others are patient and will work their move.

Some forget that you don't need to overtake all the other cars in one corner. Good example was Tron this race who was behind bobino but didn't risk anything at the start because he probably knew he was faster in the long run and Tron won. It pays off to be patient sometimes ;)
 

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
Joined
May 21, 2017
Messages
795
Location
Canada, Toronto
Bobino, I think there is an issue between us. Sync issues in a few races ago, maybe again this time because I don't remember having you behind me at any point during the race but I will check my footage again. I did not Feel that bump that made you spin. I remember that lap because of that battle I was having but I don't remember coming into contact with you.

Sucuri, in turn 3 you turned into me a bit sooner then I expected and I put you into a bit of a spin, I let go of the gas to not make it worse because you were glued to the front right of my car, once you were stable again I moved to the left and floored it.

That was 1 of 3 contacts I had during the race. When I spun out in front of megaman in the 3rd last turn on on lap 9 and he Tboned me. I couldn't control where the car was going even with counter steer and no throttle so sorry megaman and the last contact I made was with falco after my 2nd pit stop. Hit the back of him in turn 1 when I guess I braked too late.
 

piboye

Well-known member
Name
Joined
Mar 14, 2017
Messages
308
Location
USA, Colorado, Longmont
Below is my race recap.  Sucuri and I had a great, long battle where I did everything I could to keep him behind me.  I'm surprised it worked as much as it did.  He was also very respectful to let me keep the position where I slid a little when I cut in front of him to avoid Bobino.  I tried to return that respect in the end when I made a small mistake and pushed him wide.  I also have to say that I was surprised by Bobino's pace.  I think he might have held 4th if not for the incident with DeadZero.
[youtube]YpKP41onPZs[/youtube]
 

Sucuri

Well-known member
Name
Joined
Apr 17, 2017
Messages
98
Location
USA, WI
piboye said:
Below is my race recap.  Sucuri and I had a great, long battle where I did everything I could to keep him behind me.  I'm surprised it worked as much as it did.  He was also very respectful to let me keep the position where I slid a little when I cut in front of him to avoid Bobino.  I tried to return that respect in the end when I made a small mistake and pushed him wide.  I also have to say that I was surprised by Bobino's pace.  I think he might have held 4th if not for the incident with DeadZero.

That's got to be the best pit entrance of the championship! The switchback was very nice, definitely took me by surprise, what a fun race this was!
 

patlessard

Premium Member
Name
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
455
Location
MTL, Quebec , Canada
Darklol said:
Jerome, I will do the results tonight. I have them.

Pat: There's definitely less dive bombs without the assists because people are more careful under braking versus with brake assists where people would come extremely fast and brake ultra late and make the turn. Good thing now if you see someone trying to dive bomb you if he is coming too fast we will probably go straight by locking up or if he makes the corner he might have damaged his tires locking up. Still assist or not, it always depends on the drivers, some like to do risky moves and others are patient and will work their move.

Some forget that you don't need to overtake all the other cars in one corner. Good example was Tron this race who was behind bobino but didn't risk anything at the start because he probably knew he was faster in the long run and Tron won. It pays off to be patient sometimes ;)

exactly my point !
 

Bobino12

Premium Member
Name
Joined
Feb 11, 2017
Messages
142
Location
Canada, Quebec, Quebec city,
DEADZERO said:
Bobino, I think there is an issue between us. Sync issues in a few races ago, maybe again this time because I don't remember having you behind me at any point during the race but I will check my footage again. I did not Feel that bump that made you spin. I remember that lap because of that battle I was having but I don't  remember coming into contact with you.

Sucuri, in turn 3 you turned into me a bit sooner then I expected and I put you into a bit of a spin, I let go of the gas to not make it worse because you were glued to the front right of my car, once you were stable again I moved to the left and floored it.

That was 1 of 3 contacts I had during the race. When I spun out in front of megaman in the 3rd last turn on on lap 9 and he Tboned me. I couldn't control where the car was going even with counter steer and no throttle so sorry megaman and the last contact I made was with falco after my 2nd pit stop. Hit the back of him in turn 1 when I guess I braked too late.
Deadzero, I look forward to watch the lap 23rd of your video because I was not hit by a phantom but by a Red Bull car...  :geek:
 
Top