Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Round 18: Mexico - Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez (08Aug18 @ 8:15pm AEDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID

Last Season's Results:
1st: El_Majacko
2nd: dreglar
3rd: Grunting_Tortise
Pole: El_Majacko (1.16.074)
FL: Grunting_Tortise (1.17.989)

1. News emerged recently that Daniel Ricciardo has signed with Renault for 2019. What do you think of his decision?
2. Mexico is a relatively recent addition to the calendar in its current layout. How do you rate the circuit?
3. Rain has affected many races this season including last week in Austin. Will we see precipitation again this week?
4. Predict the podium.

1. News emerged recently that Daniel Ricciardo has signed with Renault for 2019. What do you think of his decision?
Personally, i reckon it's a step back in terms of if he want's a chance to win races and championships, but you never know what Renault have planned.
2. Mexico is a relatively recent addition to the calendar in its current layout. How do you rate the circuit?
I really enjoy driving the Mexico circuit. It really shows how disciplined a driver is in terms of this circuit is known for its corner cutting and track extending
3. Rain has affected many races this season including last week in Austin. Will we see precipitation again this week?
I hope not. I would really like to see some dry running
4. Predict the podium.
Maz, myself and Jacko, i don't know what order though. I would really like to get a race win.

El_Majacko

Premium Member
It's likely better than being treated as a second driver at Red Bull.
It's my favourite closely followed by the late Malaysia, along with China. Just brilliant.
It's starting to get old. Rain really sucks the enjoyment out of driving.
4. Predict the podium.
dani, Maz, craig.

El_Majacko

Premium Member
Q: 1st
Nailed it. Unfortunately Maz was absent, I was really looking forward to this one as its my favourite track.

R: 2nd
Dani got a great launch in intermediate conditions and took the lead. I was careful in P2 making sure not to spin off. I immediately recognized the risk in pushing the tyres too hard early given the rain was set to ease, so I entered tyre conservation on lap 2. This allowed dani a small gap as stewart closed in, clearly pushing hard. We had a brief battle in which he overtook me off track and I sent an optimistic move up his inside at the last turn to grab the position back. He then pitted for another set of inters and fell out of the top 5. I continued to conserve my tyres until the rain stopped and pitted one lap too early so I wouldn't have to stack having caught dani by the end of the stint. She remained ahead after pitting the next lap and got away in the early dry laps. However, as the moisture subdued I unleashed my saved fuel and set fastest lap after fastest lap, quickly closing the 6 second gap to nought. I overtook dani for the lead without any resistance, but pitted to let her take the extra 7 points to consolidate her standings position while I pursued the fastest lap.