Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 17: USA - Circuit of the Americas (07Feb18 @ 9pm EST)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
USA.png

Code:
Pre-Race Interview:

1. How do you feel about this track ? What is your favorite and worst corner ? 
2. What was your highlight or best moment or best performance of the season so far ?
3. What do you think about the decision from Liberty Media to remove grid girls ?

Reminder: Please make sure you read the racing rules. Every driver have agreed that they read the rules so please make sure you did.

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Oh god! First race in this league and it's COTA :( :p. I hate this track but I do like the first corner and the flow of the first sector. I hate the last sector though.

2. What was your highlight or best moment or best performance of the season so far ?
Can't answer that :p

3. What do you think about the decision from Liberty Media to remove grid girls ?
Didn't know about that! I understand the decision though and it will not make me not following F1. I think the halo is worst than that!

MBr

Since the other topic is locked, I want to apologize for starting on the wrong tires and for talking in the first lap, I just wanted to know if we were going to restart because of that.

MBr

So I'm trying Vegas as my video editor now. With the trial version, you can do anything in it for a period of 30 days. I think I'll buy it, but that decision will wait until after I edit my race here.
[youtube]OR_IKeMxZfY[/youtube]
Pre-Race Interview:
This is among the most difficult tracks in F1 that I've raced on. It's even more difficult with the game not allowing any track extending at all. My favourite corner is turn 6, and my least favourite is probably turn 19 because of its undulation and blind apex.
Definitely my podium finish in Russia. In that race, I had to do a lot of overtaking to get there. Admittedly, I was helped by Tron retiring in an incident that never should have happened.
I think it's just to appease feminists, and I doubt that many watch F1 or will watch F1 now that grid girls are gone. Personally, I think F1's management should stay out of that thing, and let the circuit owners decide if they want people in that role on the grid or not. Personally, I would love to see people wearing festive or cultural costumes, like we saw at the 2017 Mexican Grand Prix.

Sucuri

I like it, its hard for me to remain consistent tho. I like the S1 S's, the blind off camber left hander in S3 is terrible.
Definitely the race long battle between Tron, piboye and I in Malaysia (still hoping Tron uploads his race sometime  :p )  
Its alright, It makes sense in a business cost-benefit analysis sort of thing.

piboye

I think I'll answer these questions even though the race is already over.

I really like this track.  I think there are a lot of overtaking opportunities and it generally has a good feel.  My favorite corner is probably the full throttle complex of turn 16-18.  My least favorite is turn 19.
My highlight is probably my first ever podium at China where I got the strategy in the rain perfect.
I don't really care.  I think it will be cool for kids to meet the drivers, especially after the moment early in the season where the crying kid got to meet Kimi Raikkonen.

piboye

Here is my recap of my run from last place to podium.  The race starts at 2:24 where I get an amazing start and pull alongside Atomic.  Unfortunately, he is hit from behind and is forced wide and I am forced even wider.  I watch Fruitsalsa and Jerome fight until we both pass Jerome at 3:53.  I attempt to pass Fruitsalsa on the next straight, but he manages to hold the outside.  He spins, however, at 4:52.  I catch Atomic again at 8:28 and watch him fight Bobino.  We then both get by Bobino in the next few corners.  It takes me another lap (10:51) to pass Atomic to move into P5.  At 12:12, you can see Megaman sliding sideways in the distance and I get by (coming close to spinning myself).  I go up to P3 after Tron pits, but he passes me again after 13:26 when I make my only pitstop.  I come out right in front of Atomic and he surprises me by diving up my inside at 14:50.  We avoid a bad crash, but we do collide a bit.  He makes a few more attempts, but I manage to hold my position and then pull away.  I catch FalcoBronzo at 16:32 and try to get by him, but he pits before I can pass him.  I was on my own for the last half of the race, matching pace to MBr and Sucuri up ahead, but unable to close the gap and I was also pulling away from Megaman behind.  I cross the line thinking I have 4th, but MBr had so many penalties that I steal his podium!
[youtube]osqrOoi4lbE[/youtube]

Fruitsalsa

piboye said:
Here is my recap of my run from last place to podium.  The race starts at 2:24 where I get an amazing start and pull alongside Atomic.  Unfortunately, he is hit from behind and is forced wide and I am forced even wider.  I watch Fruitsalsa and Jerome fight until we both pass Jerome at 3:53.  I attempt to pass Fruitsalsa on the next straight, but he manages to hold the outside.  He spins, however, at 4:52.  I catch Atomic again at 8:28 and watch him fight Bobino.  We then both get by Bobino in the next few corners.  It takes me another lap (10:51) to pass Atomic to move into P5.  At 12:12, you can see Megaman sliding sideways in the distance and I get by (coming close to spinning myself).  I go up to P3 after Tron pits, but he passes me again after 13:26 when I make my only pitstop.  I come out right in front of Atomic and he surprises me by diving up my inside at 14:50.  We avoid a bad crash, but we do collide a bit.  He makes a few more attempts, but I manage to hold my position and then pull away.  I catch FalcoBronzo at 16:32 and try to get by him, but he pits before I can pass him.  I was on my own for the last half of the race, matching pace to MBr and Sucuri up ahead, but unable to close the gap and I was also pulling away from Megaman behind.  I cross the line thinking I have 4th, but MBr had so many penalties that I steal his podium!
[youtube]osqrOoi4lbE[/youtube]

Great recap Piboye! Those clean battles with you and Jerome early in the race were fun. If I had known, I would have let you pass earlier in the race, this superpower of yours put me last with a broken wing and transformed my race from a dynamic one to a slow crawl alone in the back...

piboye

Fruitsalsa said:
piboye said:

Great recap Piboye! Those clean battles with you and Jerome early in the race were fun. If I had known, I would have let you pass earlier in the race, this superpower of yours put me last with a broken wing and transformed my race from a dynamic one to a slow crawl alone in the back...

Lol.