Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Round 16: Japan - Suzuka International Racing Course (25Jul18 @ 9pm EDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID

Pre-Race Interview:
1. Every driver seems to like this track, how do you feel about it ?
2. F1 2018 is closely around the corner, would you prefer one longer season (more time between races) or do 2 seasons (a race every week) ?
3. Lewis Hamilton won the German GP last weekend. Do you think he deserved a time penalty for going off track and jumping out of the pit entry ?

Bobino12

Premium Member
This is a kind of track where you need good rythm in a way to get good lap times. You need also great precision for the braking point. That's why it's a fun track.

2. F1 2018 is closely around the corner, would you prefer one longer season (more time between races) or do 2 seasons (a race every week) ?
Good question. The seasons are too long with 20 races and more (21 in 2018). Playing two seasons mean at least 40 weeks of 52 in a year playing that game. Maybe that's the reason why it's more difficult to have drivers during summertime. Maybe having one full season with breaks could be the ultimate solution. It could start on first week of october, if the game has no bugs, and the final round in early may. During the years where there was 15 races or less, it was possible to play two seasons with the same game but it's more difficult today. Another option could be reducing the seasons to 15 races, meaning some races would be skipped. The problem would be to chose which ones to skip.

3. Lewis Hamilton won the German GP last weekend. Do you think he deserved a time penalty for going off track and jumping out of the pit entry ?
The lines are there for good reasons and he should have got a 10 seconds penalty.

Zephyr

I like this track. It has a good flow but im really slow at it unfortunately.

I agree with Bobino's points. I think i might have a perfect solution tho. We do one long season but the gaps in between (not including break weeks like Christmas etc.) are filled with a classic car championship. So for the people who want to race every week, there is a separate championship they can do, and for people that dont want to race as much or dont have the time to, they can just race in one championship and they wont get penalized points wise for not showing up every week.

I also think this is a great year to do this because with the 70s cars we have multiple cars from the same year so it wont just be one car for every single person.

I think he deserved a reprimand as he received but not a time penalty. He didn't really gain anything by doing that instead of staying out and it wasnt that dangerous considering it was under SC